It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thorghem: Thanks it helped :)
No problem :)
I wish more people would try these fixes before leaving a negative review, but at the same time I understand that not many have enough patience to browse the forums. Shame really, as it's a good game (at least in my opinion).
Not anymore!! Win 10 compatible. Check the frontpage!!
planewalker_dk: Here is a way to check which program is causing the game to not work:

"When the game freezes, don't kill the process. Open the task manager and go to the "Details" tab. Scroll down to WHSHR.EXE, right click it and click "Analyze wait chain". A window will pop up with the culprit that's causing the game to stop. I'm on Windows 10, and I don't remember if older task managers have the same option, but this is what I did. "

cheers
OMG! Thank you! This allowed me to finally get the game working.
planewalker_dk: HOW TO MAKE THE GAME WORK ON WIN10:

Disable any overlays/hooks, as they make the game not work.

Disable any driver optimizations in the driverHQ(nv/ati)

Set language locale to english.
(might need to enable 98 compatability mode too)

Here is a way to check which program is causing the game to not work:

"When the game freezes, don't kill the process. Open the task manager and go to the "Details" tab. Scroll down to WHSHR.EXE, right click it and click "Analyze wait chain". A window will pop up with the culprit that's causing the game to stop. I'm on Windows 10, and I don't remember if older task managers have the same option, but this is what I did. "

cheers
WOAHH no way! this works!! i checked what was stopping the program and it was one of the game overlays i have on my computer, thank you so much i can actually play the game now!
Hello everyone. I have been looking forward to playing this game again for many years. I have recently purchased a magazine with the code inside allowing me to play.
After installing gog however, I am unable to launch the game. It keeps coming up with an error 'The code execution cannot proceed because wing32.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.'

Well, I have reinstalled the game and it does not fix the problem, the same error comes up. I have searched through the forum and online and cannot see a viable fix. Does anyone have any suggestions please? I would really love to play this game again!

I have changed the compatibility settings but no luck.
I cannot find the WHSHR.EXE when searching the details tab in the task manager (presumably because the game doesn't even launch).

I have downloaded it for 'offline play' and attempted to boot it up but to no avail as it still comes up with the missing WING32.dll message.

I run Windows 10 x64
i7-8700k processor
16gb ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Thank you!
Post edited December 12, 2022 by Eldrak21
Wing is no more present in current OS. But somehow games from Win9x still worked... i faced that error downlaoded Heroes 2 MnM retail 1.0 base game disc image. There is wing file there in sub-folder, but game ask for it. Copy it to game root folder and game say it should be in Widnwos system folder (there is no such file in any win subfolders for WinVista+).

But that not happened not only for GOG version (i mean Windows build), but also for CD Gold re-edition without dos-version.

So, back to subj... GOG version shouldn't ask for such file and somehow worked. if you use offline GOG version - try to reinstall and make first run as admin later (if game in D:\Games\Warhammer-SotHR\ and not in Program Files or set it lawys to start in admin).
For GOG-Galaxy version - verify game files in games Library. Even if files are correct client will reset\re-register what needed. Better do that twice in a row (cause Galaxy not report what it do).

You can try download that file online (should be digital signature from Microsoft on the file), and put it to game folder and look what it did.
UPD: wait, it should be in game folder, this time for that game. Did it present in game folder for you?
Try to look here
https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/214073265-Warhammer-Shadow-of-the-Horned-Rat?product=

And there is few threads about it. looks like something prevent installer - both for GOG and GOG Galaxy versions - to work properly, and there is many else fiels not been copied.
Turn off AV (unless it if Widnwos Defender, for which one admin run is enough). Redownload installer files. Make sure there is digital signature and it is valid on exe file. Do nit uncheck validate files option duting install configuation.

Move downlaoded files to D:\Downloads\GOG\ and start from there by RMB clicking on exe and chose start as admin. UAC should be at defalut option so you should see admin notice pop-up blocking your Desktop. If that not happened - sometign wrong with your Windows. Turn UAC back to its default.
Install game strictly to D(x*):\Games\Warhammer-SotHR\ .
Post edited December 12, 2022 by QWEEDDYZ
QWEEDDYZ: Wing is no more present in current OS. But somehow games from Win9x still worked... i faced that error downlaoded Heroes 2 MnM retail 1.0 base game disc image. There is wing file there in sub-folder, but game ask for it. Copy it to game root folder and game say it should be in Widnwos system folder (there is no such file in any win subfolders for WinVista+).

But that not happened not only for GOG version (i mean Windows build), but also for CD Gold re-edition without dos-version.

So, back to subj... GOG version shouldn't ask for such file and somehow worked. if you use offline GOG version - try to reinstall and make first run as admin later (if game in D:\Games\Warhammer-SotHR\ and not in Program Files or set it lawys to start in admin).
For GOG-Galaxy version - verify game files in games Library. Even if files are correct client will reset\re-register what needed. Better do that twice in a row (cause Galaxy not report what it do).

You can try download that file online (should be digital signature from Microsoft on the file), and put it to game folder and look what it did.
UPD: wait, it should be in game folder, this time for that game. Did it present in game folder for you?
Try to look here
https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/214073265-Warhammer-Shadow-of-the-Horned-Rat?product=

And there is few threads about it. looks like something prevent installer - both for GOG and GOG Galaxy versions - to work properly, and there is many else fiels not been copied.
Turn off AV (unless it if Widnwos Defender, for which one admin run is enough). Redownload installer files. Make sure there is digital signature and it is valid on exe file. Do nit uncheck validate files option duting install configuation.

Move downlaoded files to D:\Downloads\GOG\ and start from there by RMB clicking on exe and chose start as admin. UAC should be at defalut option so you should see admin notice pop-up blocking your Desktop. If that not happened - sometign wrong with your Windows. Turn UAC back to its default.
Install game strictly to D(x*):\Games\Warhammer-SotHR\ .
Thank you for the response. Unfortunately I am not having success :(
I have reinstalled numerous times, tried running from Admin, choosing different modes to run in but still coming up with the missing WING.DLL

I copied over a WING.DLL file I managed to find but another missing DLL file error was coming up after that which I haven't been able to find.

This is very frustrating not being able to launch this game!
So it is not present in game folder initially? and now game ask for another dll... Looks like it is issue mentioned in many threads...
Strange... all GOG installers are same. maybe this one really corrupted...

Or not. There is people having seciruty issues with Heroes 3 MnM in HMM sub-forum. Windows Vista+ detect installation files automatically and always ask for admin run for them.
After that game (i still about HeroesMM3) can be launched with or without admin rgiths. That lead to one minor issue. First intro is un-skipapble for first run. With that admin things player forced to watch it again on secon (non-admin this time) launch.
Bu somehow few ppl still have non-skippable issue there.

That is still security issue. And it is come not from Windows. Not from UAC-VirtualStore, they work as it should. So there is 3rd party AV applications that ignore adminrun argument (default WinDefender also temporary affected by adminrun argument and skip exe). I guess they do that only for games installed to Program Files. WinDefender also ignore adminrun if it is Program Files cause it still be protected for game folder. To make it work as exception first - very first - step is create and reinstall all gaming clients and games to D(*):\Games\. Add that folder to exceptions is optional after that. This one is enough almsot all the time. Run game as admin solve else issues. Games+admin solve any issues for any security things.