It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Anyone know of a way to increase the resolution or is it just one size fits all? The graphics are a bit blurry on my larger monitor. The official menu options are just for brightness and volume, nothing to do with graphics.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
kingsway13: Anyone know of a way to increase the resolution or is it just one size fits all? The graphics are a bit blurry on my larger monitor. The official menu options are just for brightness and volume, nothing to do with graphics.
In game directory, there is a config.ini with

# FULLSCREEN = {yes|no}
# yes - starts the game in fullscreen
# no - starts the game in a window
FULLSCREEN = yes
#
# RESOLUTION = {Auto|Desktop|Game}
# Auto - wide-screen support is activated if a wide-screen display is detected
# Desktop - current desktop resolution is used when game is started in full screen mode
# Game - game is initialized with the resolution specified in the game
RESOLUTION = desktop

On steam forum, some guys use Alt-Enter to got a proper fullscreen

Hope it helps you
I believe the game is locked at 1280x720 resolution, as that's how the 2d maps were rendered, I believe the developer mentioned this on his blog some time ago.

Of course, it IS technically possible to increase the resolution simply by increasing the amount of the map that is shown (the same as how the Fallout/Baldur's Gate res patches work). I expect the dev didn't do this because a) it would make the environment too zoomed out and spoil the claustrophobic atmosphere, and b) the maps simply aren't big enough and expanding the map would just show blackness.

Some kind of letterboxing option would be good though, playing a game which is stretched on widescreen monitors is not really acceptable in this day and age.
Post edited September 01, 2015 by Crosmando
Risigin the resolution won't help that much with this one. It's pre-rendered, so in the end what you see it what you get.
I can see the resolution is on the low side, but it doesn't bother me, it's got an extra retro feel :D

What *does* bother me is that while it plays fine on my 24" PC monitor, on my 13" and 15" laptops the text is so small you almost can't read it... any ideas about the text size itself?
Crosmando: Some kind of letterboxing option would be good though, playing a game which is stretched on widescreen monitors is not really acceptable in this day and age.
I'm not sure what you are getting at here. The game is not stretched on widescreen monitors, it has native support for 16:9 displays. The aspect ratio is correct.
Crosmando: Some kind of letterboxing option would be good though, playing a game which is stretched on widescreen monitors is not really acceptable in this day and age.
vulchor: I'm not sure what you are getting at here. The game is not stretched on widescreen monitors, it has native support for 16:9 displays. The aspect ratio is correct.
Correct - people may find a solution here: https://www.gog.com/forum/stasis/stasis_troubleshooting_if_you_have_any_problems

Enable Compatibility mode - if STASIS refuses to go full screen or the window behaves oddly:
Enable compatibility mode
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ <---STASIS FOLDER ?
Right click on Stasis.exe
Properties - > Compatibility tab
Set Compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3
vulchor: I'm not sure what you are getting at here. The game is not stretched on widescreen monitors, it has native support for 16:9 displays. The aspect ratio is correct.
THEBROTHERHOOD: Correct - people may find a solution here: https://www.gog.com/forum/stasis/stasis_troubleshooting_if_you_have_any_problems

Enable Compatibility mode - if STASIS refuses to go full screen or the window behaves oddly:
The game plays fine for me, so this isn't really a problem, just an oddity that I wonder if you know anything about. The game launches in desktop-res full screen by default like it supposed to (borderless window I'm guessing because alt-tabbing works great), but if I alt + enter into a window and then back to true fullscreen at 1280x720, the gamma becomes brighter. Lowering the brightness does nothing, because in essence I lose the true black to a medium shade of grey. I have a full spectrum dynamic range IPS (0-255), not a limited range TN LCD or television (16-235). It is odd but it seems similar to watching movies when I have my graphics card to limited range, I don't get true peak white or black.

Any ideas?

[EDIT] Odd, but setting the compatibility settings to Windows XP SP3 made it so the gamma is normal even if I alt + enter into true full screen. Good to know, so nevermind.
Post edited September 04, 2015 by vulchor
THEBROTHERHOOD: Correct - people may find a solution here: https://www.gog.com/forum/stasis/stasis_troubleshooting_if_you_have_any_problems

vulchor: The game plays fine for me, so this isn't really a problem, just an oddity that I wonder if you know anything about. The game launches in desktop-res full screen by default like it supposed to (borderless window I'm guessing because alt-tabbing works great), but if I alt + enter into a window and then back to true fullscreen at 1280x720, the gamma becomes brighter. Lowering the brightness does nothing, because in essence I lose the true black to a medium shade of grey. I have a full spectrum dynamic range IPS (0-255), not a limited range TN LCD or television (16-235). It is odd but it seems similar to watching movies when I have my graphics card to limited range, I don't get true peak white or black.

Any ideas?

[EDIT] Odd, but setting the compatibility settings to Windows XP SP3 made it so the gamma is normal even if I alt + enter into true full screen. Good to know, so nevermind.
Can you give me your PC specs - I havent seen this one but The newest NVIDIA cards on windows 10 have some odd behavior - is this the setup you have?
THEBROTHERHOOD: Can you give me your PC specs - I havent seen this one but The newest NVIDIA cards on windows 10 have some odd behavior - is this the setup you have?
It's a GeForce 980 TI, so yeah one of the newest nVidia cards out there, but I run Windows 7 Ultimate x64.