It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Greetings captains,

After a couple of small quickfixes, it's time for a proper update, bringing the version up to v1.030. A large chunk of the work for this updated was focused on prevention, either through scripts or through code. By prevention we mean that we've done additional checks and rearranged some scripts to prevent errors and glitches from occurring. I won't go into much detail here. Suffice it to say, you'll have a smoother experience :).

Let's talk about what's around the corner...
The first bit comes next week, planned for Friday, June 9th. A large chunk of this update is focused on better modding support like an improved Material Editor, additional and/or improved modding tutorials, support for game world total conversion (without meddling in the vanilla world) and so on.

Afterwards, you can expect a nice big free content update, that's coming in the next 2-3 weeks. This means bounties and the whole bounty-hunting mechanic. We'll have more details for you on this at a later date, but we just wanted you to know that we're working on more than just fixes and tweaks.

Safe travels, captains!

CHANGE-LOG v1.030
- Done some changes to the text files and how some text lines are fetched
-- faction descriptions switched from descriptions.txt to logs.txt to remove duplicates
-- ship descriptions switched from descriptions.txt to logs.txt to remove duplicates
-- ship description KN is now referenced in the .shp file (until now the description was referenced automatically by the ship's keyname)
-- if no ship description is available (description set to the default 1005 value, default text is shown (No data available)
- Done some changes to the Geminipedia scripts
-- to display a Geminipedia entry for a ship, the ship has to be manually added to the AddEntry script. This is to prevent errors from being logged needlessly.
-- to display an Anomaly entry, the anomaly has to be manually added to the AddEntryscript.
-- to display an Asteroid field entry, the asteroid field has to be manually added to the AddEntry script.
-- to display a faction entry, the faction has to be manually added to the AddEntry script.
-- to display a planet entry, the planet has to be manually added to the AddEntry script.
-- to display a region entry, the region has to be manually added to the AddEntry script.
- Optimized script loading to increase performance, but also prevent potential bugs.
- Added a new option in the settings
-- Skip dock - set to true to never ever again see a docking or landing cutscene.
- Fixed a glitch where the wrong reason for bein unable to board structures was being displayed.
- The final waypoint in a waypoint chain (starchart) is now properly updated if the target changes its position (merging with a fleet in motion)
- Fixed a text formatting error that would add a colon where it shouldn't (-,400).
- Fixed several errors in the Customization panel when using the controller.
- If you have the UI disabled (F11), the game can no longer freeze up when a dialogue pops up. The interface is automatically reinitialized.
- Being hit with a heavy weapon no longer deactivates cloak.
- You're no longer stalked by an anomaly while docked if there was an anomaly near you when you initiated docking.
- New game files from mods are now properly loaded and shown.
- The loot panel now uses the proper icon size.
- Adhara, Apollo and Poseidon are now available for purchase on the New Sagittarius station, near planet Hogosha.
- Fixed a glitch with several menu buttons having their icons colorized with the wrong tint.
- Fixed an error that would make the Proxima fall into enemy hands.
- Giving the GoTo command on the un-paused Starchart, in some instances meant the auto-pilot won't properly set power distribution to the engines. Now it does.
- Rebuilding warmasters no longer costs Materials, but the Credits cost was increased!
- Proxima is now calculated into the battle power only after it arrives.
- In some cases, trading in a captured ship for materials, yielded no materials. This can no longer happen.
- The Convoy defense mission can no longer break down if the last ship is captured.
- Added fullscreen support for the custom movie panel on 4K resolution.
- In theory, your ship's name could be too long. This is no limited during naming.
- Corrected a number of text errors in both the English and the German versions.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention one more thing:
- The Mod Manager (used for compiling and packing mods into the .sgwma files) now works on the GOG version as intended.
Post edited June 02, 2017 by lgm_games
Thanks for the update.

One thing I totally forgot to mention:
Geminipedia, new entries could be glowing or something until read?
Or maybe they do, but I do not realise?

Need to check at home again how exactly the interface looks.

One more thing about the map, maybe have the name of the area written on the map like on a normal geographic one? When you are told to capture an area, I couldn't figure out where to look for names of regions (the Wil o Wisp quest).
It gave me the star for the main quest on the map, but as soon as you get closer it disappears and then I read free Wil o Wisp and wasn't aware I am already in one of the four parts of that area.
Post edited June 02, 2017 by disi
disi: Thanks for the update.

One thing I totally forgot to mention:
Geminipedia, new entries could be glowing or something until read?
Or maybe they do, but I do not realise?

Need to check at home again how exactly the interface looks.

One more thing about the map, maybe have the name of the area written on the map like on a normal geographic one? When you are told to capture an area, I couldn't figure out where to look for names of regions (the Wil o Wisp quest).
It gave me the star for the main quest on the map, but as soon as you get closer it disappears and then I read free Wil o Wisp and wasn't aware I am already in one of the four parts of that area.
Unread entries are not marked in any way, you're correct. This is on our list to go over and improve.

Region names are marked on the Starchart, but the problem in this case is likely that the names disappear as you zoom further in. I'll note it for the programmers to look into and make improvements.
Maybe you could have two versions of biometric shields? For me it is an essential part of the fight to board the largest enemy and cause terror on board, disable their weapons, down their shields or even take over the bridge.

One for normal play and as pirate lord (highest perk) you can bypass those.
One for quest enemies that musn't be boarded or it breaks the story.

I noticed every single quest enemy or often even random enemies have that stupid biometric shield and all the ~30 perks I invested into boarding are worthless against those.

Or make the hacking skill worthwhile in combat, you can disable biometric defenses?
Post edited June 02, 2017 by disi
This could be a viable solution. I'll tell the guys so they can ponder on it. Thanks!
I'll second the subject of some way of disabling non-essential biometric shielding, especially considering just how many points you can sink into boarding perks.

Speaking of boarding, there is a biometric shield consumable available. Does the AI even attempt boarding the player ship at this stage?
Post edited June 02, 2017 by vonHardenberg
Huh? Where is this update? My library still sais v1.020. :/
Post edited June 03, 2017 by Silverhawk170485
Silverhawk170485: Huh? Where is this update? My library still sais v1.020. :/
Probably available for Galaxy. Offline installers need to be build by GOG staff but it's weekend so you probably have to wait till next week (usually takes couple business days after GOG gets the files).
lgm_games: EDIT:
I forgot to mention one more thing:
- The Mod Manager (used for compiling and packing mods into the .sgwma files) now works on the GOG version as intended.
I only just checked what this is and noticed the Steam dll is a requirement. Maybe Monday, the game will be updated.

You mention there will be lots of changes with additional content, so I'll install SPG2 and play the SPG1 campaign to get back into the lore ;)
Post edited June 04, 2017 by disi
You should be able to make your mod and pack it / unpack it with Mod Manager. Steam dll is needed for uploading to Steam Workshop as far as I know.
OK, Patch to 1.030 is out :)