It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Come one guys, no official statement yet?
Nothing official, but since we pass the stages of grief, we can begin to belittle what we could not get. Apart from the reactive multiplayer, which has already waned, the only good thing it has is the new dlc. That's if you don't care about graphic improvements like me. I tried it from game pass, and the advantage of playing it with a controller, necessary for local multiplayer, does not feel as good as I thought. Maybe I just needed to get used to it.
Anyway, it was also thought about whether the purchase of Bethesda by Microsoft has something to do with it. Anyone know anything about it? after all this thread started from the middle of last year.
But you CAN get it. Just not on GOG. I'll never understand why people torture themselves with blind loyalty to a particular brand or service. GOG's great and all, but if a game I want isn't here, I buy it on the service that has it. Simple.
zerodin: But you CAN get it. Just not on GOG. I'll never understand why people torture themselves with blind loyalty to a particular brand or service. GOG's great and all, but if a game I want isn't here, I buy it on the service that has it. Simple.
It's more about the fact that some users here (myself incl.) don't want to trade money again for something we've already traded money for in the past, especially for what was delivered as an update for others who purchased theirs on a different platform.
low rated
Which would make more sense to me, if we were talking about a $50, or even $30 dollar purchase here, but its $10 on literally every platform that has it. I spend more than that on food for my work lunches for the week.
zerodin: Which would make more sense to me, if we were talking about a $50, or even $30 dollar purchase here, but its $10 on literally every platform that has it. I spend more than that on food for my work lunches for the week.
It's kind of already said around, but this is a thing of principle and customer trust, not of money:

On one hand, what t3hyoshi said that if I've paid for something on a platform once, it does not make sense to pay for it again.

On the other hand, the first post on this thread was about how we were going to get the new version "soon."

Els132WG: [...]
Anyway, it was also thought about whether the purchase of Bethesda by Microsoft has something to do with it. Anyone know anything about it? after all this thread started from the middle of last year.
I highly doubt this has anything to do. They didn't released the Doom/Doom 64 update here, which is basically the same technology and DRM-Wise. If anything, maybe there's a small chance that we get the Enhanced edition after that. But mostly because wishing for something is free, lol.

Btw, happy new year! Following my tradition of linking "stuff that has been released while Bethesda/Gog hasn't released here Quake Enhanced, we got the Xmas jam for this year and Violent Rumble, a map pack that came out of 4Chan!

https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/xmasjam2021.html
https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/vr1_00.2.html

Installing usually is as easy as placing the folder in your sourceport's main folder and run it with -game <foldername> parameter.

Enjoy! And cheers for another year without the Enhanced release on GoG!
low rated
Such is the way of things.
For instance: People who choose to ONLY use Linux miss out on a lot of games. They can get huffy that publishers aren't catering to them, but ultimately they are choosing the Linux life.
zerodin: Such is the way of things.
For instance: People who choose to ONLY use Linux miss out on a lot of games. They can get huffy that publishers aren't catering to them, but ultimately they are choosing the Linux life.
Let's remember that "the way of things" here started with a comment promising us the enhanced version, 5 months ago.

And that we are paying same asking price that other shops, so I think is not crazy expecting, at least, the same product (Hence the thread of Games that treat GoG customers as second class citizens, and IMHO, the biggest problem GoG is facing and also completely ignoring).
Well, where is it?

This "finalising" business that OP was talking about sure is taking its sweet time!
I am about to buy this shit again on Steam. smh...
claudiov92: I am about to buy this shit again on Steam. smh...
Don't fall for it, and don't double dip. Just not dip anymore on ID/Bethesda stuff.
I got a cheap key in a reseller; totally worth it IMO.
Neurus_Ex: Don't fall for it, and don't double dip. Just not dip anymore on ID/Bethesda stuff.
I got it on Epic on their end of year sale for less than $3. It's a neat package the graphic update and the new levels and enemies are worth getting it again, specially on discount.
ROCKMAN_77: I got it on Epic on their end of year sale for less than $3. It's a neat package the graphic update and the new levels and enemies are worth getting it again, specially on discount.
To each its own. I'm not paying again for something I should have gotten here for free in the first place, no matter if it costs 3$ or 200$.
high rated
So some days ago I was in the chat of the German Bethesda Twitch channel and mentioned this problem. Someone from their community team was so kind to forward this to the Bethesda sales team. I told them the whole story and also gave them the link for this thread so they where able to see the official announcement. A bit later I got a reply and they told me that nobody had any info about the Enhanced version being finalised for a GOG release. SmollestLight lied to us.