It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I am in the fight with Sodalis in the temple and I can't seem to figure out how to kill him. Even on easy with God Mode set I can't kill him. I have tried: flame attacks, cold attacks, electric attacks, magic missile attacks, crossbow attacks, acid flail attacks (with flaming weapons cast on it), everything. A few tries I have managed to do some damage with the magic missiles, but I have three MM spells and they are not enough. The crossbow does a slight bit of damage.

I am more stuck than I have been in a video came in a long time.

Can anyone enlighten me as to the trick on how to kill this punk? I would be grateful!

TIA.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
CaptainHeadshot: I am in the fight with Sodalis in the temple and I can't seem to figure out how to kill him. Even on easy with God Mode set I can't kill him. I have tried: flame attacks, cold attacks, electric attacks, magic missile attacks, crossbow attacks, acid flail attacks (with flaming weapons cast on it), everything. A few tries I have managed to do some damage with the magic missiles, but I have three MM spells and they are not enough. The crossbow does a slight bit of damage.

I am more stuck than I have been in a video came in a long time.

Can anyone enlighten me as to the trick on how to kill this punk? I would be grateful!

TIA.
I don't know if by MM attacks, you are including the Isaac's missile storm spells also, but if I'm a spell caster looking to do damage on a particularly thick skinned enemy, those always do the trick. I believe with Sodalis, you are also needing to pound your way through Greater Spell Mantle and/or Globe of Invulnerability spells. Since we are on the subject and this has been such a difficult fight for you, make sure you have the one item in your inventory that will finish him.
unclejoe1917: I don't know if by MM attacks, you are including the Isaac's missile storm spells also, but if I'm a spell caster looking to do damage on a particularly thick skinned enemy, those always do the trick. I believe with Sodalis, you are also needing to pound your way through Greater Spell Mantle and/or Globe of Invulnerability spells. Since we are on the subject and this has been such a difficult fight for you, make sure you have the one item in your inventory that will finish him.
I am using Isaac's missile storms. I think it's the mantle and invulnerability spells that are making it difficult. By the time I get through them I am out of gas. But thanks much for the suggestions. I will look into it.
unclejoe1917: I don't know if by MM attacks, you are including the Isaac's missile storm spells also, but if I'm a spell caster looking to do damage on a particularly thick skinned enemy, those always do the trick. I believe with Sodalis, you are also needing to pound your way through Greater Spell Mantle and/or Globe of Invulnerability spells. Since we are on the subject and this has been such a difficult fight for you, make sure you have the one item in your inventory that will finish him.
CaptainHeadshot: I am using Isaac's missile storms. I think it's the mantle and invulnerability spells that are making it difficult. By the time I get through them I am out of gas. But thanks much for the suggestions. I will look into it.
You might want to see what you can do to load up on your crossbow firepower and try to get to him that way. I believe he initially sets himself up with some damage reduction so if you keep chopping away, your bolts should eventually do more damage once you knock that down.
The way I finally ended up defeating him was as follows:

1. Take care of his summoned Elementals.
2. Whack him a few times with a melee weapon (keeping your follower alive and getting her help in this department is useful).
3. Cast a Greater Spell Breach to cut his defenses.
4. Hit him with the three missile spells: Isaac's Greater Missile Storm, Magic Missiles, Isaac's Lesser Missile Storm. I don't know why, but that order seems most successful.

This works for me.

Now to work on doing this without using God Mode for an actual real kill. We shall conquer!!!

Thanks again for your help!
CaptainHeadshot: The way I finally ended up defeating him was as follows:

1. Take care of his summoned Elementals.
2. Whack him a few times with a melee weapon (keeping your follower alive and getting her help in this department is useful).
3. Cast a Greater Spell Breach to cut his defenses.
4. Hit him with the three missile spells: Isaac's Greater Missile Storm, Magic Missiles, Isaac's Lesser Missile Storm. I don't know why, but that order seems most successful.

This works for me.

Now to work on doing this without using God Mode for an actual real kill. We shall conquer!!!

Thanks again for your help!
My pleasure! Wish I could tell you it was all sunshine and rainbows for your character from there. Lol.