It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Purely for my own interest, what effect, if any, would a VPN have on this data collection ?
I realise that it probably would not stop the collection, but would it in fact have any effect on the data collected ?
Uhm... Thing is, that DRM (Digital Rights Management) is defined as a way of restricting access to a product by running a check of "ownership". For example by logging in to an account like Steam.
DRM free doesn't mean data-collection-free. It doesn't even mean the program you're running is not allowed to connect to the internet.
It means, the program you're running won't check for ownership in any way.

So no, a game collecting data is not GoG betraying anyone.

Also, the data it collects is restricted to the data connected to the game itself, and _not_ any of your personal data. They could have phrased that a bit more clear I guess. :D
So maybe someone might find that calming... People read the words and go all aggro because the game spies on your stuff... I mean, yeah, it collects data for analysis of the game, in order to better be able to maintain it, but that's it.
And yes, I would like to be able to turn it off completely as well.
That data though _is_ pretty valuable for developers actually for fixing stuff.
Post edited January 03, 2024 by Vendrean
The game has mandatory telemetry. When you install, it has dark pattern where it's not possible to answer correctly that you want the lesser of two evils. After you install, you can switch to the lesser but Sony has what they were after already (all your base belong to us).
gc777: The game has mandatory telemetry. When you install, it has dark pattern where it's not possible to answer correctly that you want the lesser of two evils. After you install, you can switch to the lesser but Sony has what they were after already (all your base belong to us).
Just block the executable in your firewall. That's all you need to do.

The program runs fine without any data collection, so it's no DRM in any shape or form. It's just annoying that you cannot opt out of data collection, and I think that's a stupid thing. But if all they gather is anonymous game statistics , performance and crash info, so it's no spyware or something. Still - An opt-out should have been added.

But if the above bothers you, blocking in the firewall is the way to go...
Post edited February 06, 2024 by JClosed
There's also data collection in the steam version. But in the option menu, you can disable it.
And the only data, they get from you.

Are your hardware specs. Why, so the next update or bugfix works for all.
It's a ported game, it won't run perfect on all computers, unless every piece of hardware you have can do more individual then the hardware in the playstation.

I just mimic the playstation specs in bios setup, i have a setup special for ps 4 to 5 ported games.
Andtha: Interesting. Most people have no problem to accept the terms presented on their new TV set... And let's face it, there are no new "smart" TVs that don't send telemetry!

The game does ask if you want to send basic or detailed telemetry, yes. But as stated already in this thread, the game will run happily when offline. And you don't need galaxy installed as well, just start the .exe from the installation folder.

Also, I highly doubt that there's a keylogger installed. All that it's saying is that keys will be send as well with the logs IN THE GAME, i.e. when an issue is logged, the devs want to look at what the player was doing, so they can reproduce and possibly fix the issue. This hardly qualifies as a keylogger, but it has to be mentioned for the telemetry consent. Anyhow, I cannot believe that they would install a system-wide keylogger and grab your banking login credentials... And that such an outrageous behavior HASN'T BEEN REPORTED already by mainstream media, if it were such an unethical keylogger.

So, no, the games telemetry is there, but it is reasonable and avoidable by means of playing offline entirely (just disconnect Windows from the Internet, it should be possibly software-wise without having to "pull the (networking) plug") or block any connection from the game with your trusted firewall. Or don't do anything about it and help the devs understand issues you might have with the game.

The game is great BTW. Play it and enjoy it.

There's no need to be afraid of unwanted logging or telemetry when the game is not running.
I don't have my tv connected to the internet.
1. This game is not going to rob you or even spy on you.

2. That said, things like this always are the beginnings of a trend. A trend that never benefits the consumer.

3. So we should not encourage this behavior. The problem is that too many people (myself included) blithely buy games and click on boxes with nary a thought because they are so damn desperate to play a game right now. That's how people became comfortable with Steam, Ubi, etc.

4. tl;dr The only way to win is to not play their game.