It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Favorite Age of Wonders

Least favorite X-com: Enforcer
My favourite games are Sacrifice, Fallout and Age of Decadence but if I had to go with one I would go with Sacrifice because:
a) It's greatly underappreciated
b) It aged very well (none at all to be exact, it looks beautiful even for contemporary standards)
c) It's utterly unique, something out of this world
d) In no other game have I felt this powerful (not even in games where I was literally a god, e.g. in Black and White)
e) It has fascinating story, characters and witty dialgoues
f) I can play it all the time without getting bored and I get back to it every year

I could praise it for hours but the point is: if you hadn't played it you don't know what you're missing.

As for my least favourite games I would say all Beamdog mods. I've elaborated on this here: https://www.gog.com/forum/planescape_torment_enhanced_edition/beamdog_is_the_parasite_of_the_industry
Post edited January 28, 2018 by goral
Let's see, picking favorites is hard when you've played over 100 games out of your nearly 400 game library, so...

But least favored is a bit more easy.

Windforge the stillborn, Lufturasers the pachinko machine, Block'hood the severe case of Cranial rectosis, these three are probably the ones which have offended the most.

Before anyone asks, I'll just explain.
Windforge: It was an incomplete release and the game went and died as soon as it came out. No community, hardly any interest in mods. The game came out at the wrong place and time.

Love Trousers: What I mean by calling it a Japanese gambling machine is that you start the game, and sure, you have inputs, but if the game will actually let you progress or not is largely up to chance, unlike say a pinball machine.

Block'hood: It's got it's head stuck up it's own [REDACTED] that the game suffers because of how insufferable it is.
Post edited January 28, 2018 by Darvond
Favourite: Thief - The Dark Project, System Shock 2, Darkwood

Least favourite: If it turns out I dislike a game, I usually stop playing it. That being said, there are a few titles I finished that turned out to be complete duds: Mother Russia Bleeds, Oxenfree, Hello Neighbor, Stalker Clear Sky, Daikatana. Out of that pile I probably dislike Oxenfree the most intensely, although Hello Neighbor is easily the worse game. Fallout - New Vegas is mostly excellent. However, the Game Of The Year edition includes the Dead Money DLC, which is aguably the worst thing I have ever played to completion.
Only out of those i own and tried:

Fav: Witcher III, Stalker SoC, Soma (well many more actually)

Least Fav: Little Big Adventure (dunno just not my type of game), Sword of the Samurai (it was released way before i started to play games and just felt too outdated for me)
favorite game: Kenshi

least favorite game: Bloodrayne Betrayal. extremely difficult game and controls straight out of hell. at some points my hands hurt so much I had to take a break. still finished that game, though, which makes me somewhat proud.
Post edited April 30, 2020 by springtoiffel
Now that I figured out my least favorite, I would give it to Bio Menace, but mainly I couldn't get past the first level of episode one. But it's just me as it was my first time playing it... and was bad at it. It would take me a while to get used to it. Also, I may be six years on GOG, but I didn't buy games there in a while until two days ago. Most games I had there were from GOG Connect and freebies.
I have 1882 games as of now (counting demos and such), so I need to set up some elimination brackets to figure out my absolute favorite, then run it a bunch of times and average out the results.
The game I was happiest about seeing on GOG is Resonance. Saw that huge banner (GOG had huge banners back then), cried through the remaining workday and a good part of the evening.

The worst game... well, there are games that have extremely distasteful plot elements and I have an intense hatred of them for that reason which aren't trash per se, and then there are games whose badness is common knowledge (e.g. MoO3) and whose continuing existence evokes only tired indifference. The worst all-around is probably Moebius: the plot is trash, the characters are trash, the execution is trash and it's unfinished.
The best for me is Morrowind.

As for the worst, there are only a few games I've regretted buying. The one which mostly comes to mind is Rogue Legacy.
Here is the joke. I wish I have played enough that I feel comfortable having a real favorite and a non-favorite. :D

One game that rubbed me the wrong way, which was disappointing as I was looking forward to it, was Dead State Reanimated. However, it was for a different reason then what one may think. The plot and game-style itself were great, and I love RPGs that give you the choice of character creation.

It was the technical mechanics, basically the camera angles, that irritated me. No matter how I twist it, I just can't get a satisfactory blanket view. The only way to get as close as possible to what I want, is to enact the view at hard north, south, east, west camera angles. And this can only be accomplished by constantly twisting the view around using the middle mouse button. This is unlike another game I played, called Gangland, where the camera angles are comfortably bound to hotkeys (rebindable). You just tap a button, and it will swivel to the chosen direction. In Dead State, you can't rebind keys.

One of my fondest would be one of the first games I bought, and that would be Fallout 2. It's still beloved to this day.
Post edited January 29, 2018 by Nicole28
Of the games I've played (only about 10% of my whole library of games):

most favourite is Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

least favourite is Rise of the Triad (2013) for giving me motion sickness when playing it
Favorite: Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom
The "least favorite": Master of Orion 3 (the worst game on GOG that I know)
Least favorite is easy: To the Moon. Forced tear-jerker with a story that just left me cold with next to no "game" present. It goes onto my trite garbage pile. I ain't touching the sequel with a mile-long pole.

As for favorite, that's not so easy to say. There are just too many games I really like. Rayman Origins and FlatOut 2 are definitely up there though. ;)
Post edited January 29, 2018 by Mr.Mumbles
I've got 109 games in my library...too many good ones to have a clear favorite.
Least favorite: Star wars Republic commando. Don't get what people see in this game, felt totally unfun to me. I'm a great fan of the Jedi Knight games (have just played through the original Dark forces, that was dated, but still pretty cool)...but Republic commando just seemed like a stupid, boring game. And the environments were ugly.
Also pretty bad: Prisoner of ice...played that many years ago, and rebought it here out of nostalgia...it was much weaker than I had remembered. Definitely one of the worse adventures on Gog, very mediocre.
Favourite: Dust:An Elysian Tail

Worst Owned: Overclocked: A History of Violence.
Worst on Store: Omnibus or Fist Puncher.