It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sometimes I'm searching through threads and I find an unanswered thread or a thread that I just feel is still pertinent now.

I didn't make this a question thread because I'm not asking for one ultimate answer (though if GOG policies have a comment on the subject I'm all ears) but just because I'm curious how people in general feel about it.
high rated
I will let you know about it this time next year. ;)
stg83: I will let you know about it this time next year. ;)
I laughed at first, but now I'm genuinely hoping you actually do that. I'm going to favorite this thread so I can watch people occasionally necro-post on it! :D

*crossing my fingers that this threads goes for at least 2 years*
An awful lot of the necros are because some posters are afraid to create new threads, those are silly. A new question doesn't need to be on an old thread just because it may be vaguely related.

In some circumstances a necro is good e.g. the old thread contains a useful guide, a crowd-funded game was released etc.
bushwhacker2k: Sometimes I'm searching through threads and I find an unanswered thread or a thread that I just feel is still pertinent now.
If your question is if we feel that one should reply in topics with unanswered questions no matter how old they are: in my opinion absolutely. There's often at least a tiny chance that OP never got the problem solved but will still appreciate help plus you're helping everyone else who's stumbling over the thread looking for the same answer as OP.
It really depends post to post. Most of the necros I see tend to be unnecessary (at least in general) but in many of the game forums, especially some of the less populated, it would actually be nice if all the troubleshooting issues of the same type ended up in the same thread.
Post edited April 12, 2015 by RWarehall
I only have problems with the forum's necro police . They are annoying .
Works for me.
Depends on the post, but I hardly read the general forums these days, mostly just the Star Wars gaming ones where I can offer help and advice.
Well I've done a new thread and had someone reply with a wish that they would fix the search so we wouldn't have to go through the same stuff again and again. Can never please everyone.

I think complaining about the issue one way of the other is a waste of breath. Peace.
I am completely pro-necroposting, and i often go read random threads from years ago. I wish the gog forum history allowed us ti check older threads. And some are pretty cool, i wish they hadn't died, and i wish people weren't so dumb about this necroposting notion.

Having to make new discussion threads, forcing people to reinstate their opinion, and ignoring the sum of excellent comments already made on the subject, is absurd.
Necros prove that the poster can search the forum. Especially on the GOG forum this indicates a level of magic use beyond that of mortal ken. I am happy to meet such exceptional people.

There are occasional ones which are silly, such as when someone doesn't notice that the question asked about some piece of hardware to be bought it from two years ago. Happened to me too... Or a post about an "upcoming" game which then jumps to the top long after the game was released, that can just confuse me if I'm not familiar with the game.

But generally, if someone found an old thread, read it well, and adds something which hasn't been said before, sounds like a good thing to me.
I have no issues with necroing if the topic is still relevant / not completely obsolete.
If you feel it's appropriate to necro a certain thread, go for it.
Some will get irritated by necro-posting. But I guess that you will find people irritated by whatever human actvity you may name. As far as I am concerned, it's not an issue provided it's not totally irrelevant nor used for the sake of "shaming and blaming" another member of the community.
tinyE: Works for me.
SLEEP. Some people need it. Now I'm too creeped out. Also reminds me of a really nice joke I read.