It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sale’s theme: Survival games
Deepest discount: 90% off
End date: 17th January 2022, 2 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
there is a slight chance that dying light might be given away for free by egs in the coming weeks leading up to the launch of dying light 2.

and who knows, it might be drm free there.
gog2002x: TL:DR

I was never really sure of this term, but I'll make this my first trial run!
too long didn't read. lol I like the sarcasm! lol
high rated
GOG.com: Sale’s theme: Survival games
Deepest discount: 90% off
End date: 17th January 2022, 2 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Alexim: THANKS FELLOW HUMAN, THIS INFORMATION IS MUCH APPRECIATED AND EASY TO INCORPORATE INTO MY CARBON-BASED LOGIC PROCESSES.
Beep boop-

Jokes aside :) we are simply testing a new template and we welcome any feedback!
If this becomes the norm, it'll give more impact to bigger themed sales.
This'll be useful for Paradox sales, not needing to come up with a new way to say the same thing every time.
Alexim: THANKS FELLOW HUMAN, THIS INFORMATION IS MUCH APPRECIATED AND EASY TO INCORPORATE INTO MY CARBON-BASED LOGIC PROCESSES.
SmollestLight: Beep boop-

Jokes aside :) we are simply testing a new template and we welcome any feedback!
I don't mind it.

I do think GOG needs to be concerned about 2nd class citizenship for missing updates though like Operencia. (I say this while also wanting less curation but if curation would actually prevent more of this...)

The template could work as a summary at the end of the news posts, but not having even a sentence written by a human gives off a laziness or indifference vibe. Just my two cents.

I welcome brevity, but you'd prolly make more sales by giving those posts some alluring dressing like you used to.

Also, since you're accepting feedback, naming the games with deepest discounts would also help sell more of those, methinks.
Post edited January 11, 2022 by Chasmancer

I actually kinda like it, at least for "usual" sales and new games that have a detailed enough description on their store page.

Also, I think that while it's perfectly all right for a forum post, it doesn't work as well as the contents of a news post opened from the main page. If the news post itself has such minimal information, It would be better to have clicking on the news headline just take you straight to new game's/sale's dedicated page.
I welcome our new synthetic overlords.
low rated
SmollestLight: we are simply testing a new template and we welcome any feedback!
Okay, here's my feedback about that: the "new template" gives the impression that GOG is in such dire financial straits that it can no longer afford to pay the GOG editor to write a few basic lines about each sale.

Even if that is not actually the reason for the change, it nevertheless still gives readers of the "new template" the impression that that is the reason.

Therefore, the 'new template' is a horrible idea, which should be reverted immediately back to the old template.
KISS principle. I love it :)
SmollestLight: we are simply testing a new template and we welcome any feedback!
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Okay, here's my feedback about that: the "new template" gives the impression that GOG is in such dire financial straits that it can no longer afford to pay the GOG editor to write a few basic lines about each sale.

Even if that is not actually the reason for the change, it nevertheless still gives readers of the "new template" the impression that that is the reason.

Therefore, the 'new template' is a horrible idea, which should be reverted immediately back to the old template.
This, this right here. Breja's comments are also apt.
low rated
Get real!

This is not a "template", it's an embarrassment. You could literally copypaste the blurb from the game page and that would be preferable to this "new template".

If you need to communitcate some additional info like "The Town Of Light game is added to this pre-order until the premiere of Martha is Dead" in today's, uhh, "news post", I'm fairly certain that Warsaw has at least a small handful of homeless junkies who, in a bout of heroin-induced stupor, could manage to type up a semi-coherent sentence in exchange for a warm meal.

Maybe even a cold meal will do.

Ever heard of Kano theory?

GOG used to have a strong understanding of how 'the thing that delights' can be nearly as important as 'the thing that simply must be there'.
high rated

Well the impression that this template gives is that no care is being given to new releases and sales, it's like "here it is no go away". It feels like no care is being given which is something you do not want to the store to feel like,