It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Banner Saga 2 is coming for PC and MAC on april 19th. I've been waiting for this along. The first game was an amazing mix between strategy and narrative rpg.

Stoic, the developer team, has announced the release on steam (where is possible to pre - purchase just now). Anybody knows if GOG release will be in the same date?

With the first game GOG users was waiting along time for this one... hopefully this time the release will be the same day.
I need to finish the first one.
ShadowWulfe: I need to finish the first one.
I need to start the first one... I can't finish without starting, can't I?
blotunga:
Well, at least you can start without finishing.
ShadowWulfe: Well, at least you can start without finishing.
I'm very good at that :D
The game that got me to GoG!

I hope it shows up here sooner rather than later...
The developer is quite reluctant to release it on GOG because of a rise of piracy for the first game when it came out on GOG. There are not sure, but their primary focus is Steam.

Source: here.
sebarnolds: The developer is quite reluctant to release it on GOG because of a rise of piracy for the first game when it came out on GOG. There are not sure, but their primary focus is Steam.

Wow would I be ticked off.

I always hate this logic. I refuse to believe piracy translates to lost sales. Pirates are going to pirate. Do you know how many copies of your game a pirate is going to buy if they can't pirate your game? Zero.

I WANT to buy your game! Please let me buy it!
Hm. So if they decide not to release the game here, will the save data from the first game still be compatible if I buy part 2 on Steam? >_>
Post edited March 24, 2016 by Nergal01
sebarnolds: The developer is quite reluctant to release it on GOG because of a rise of piracy for the first game when it came out on GOG. There are not sure, but their primary focus is Steam.

This sucks. I didn't buy the first one as I thought I could wait for the next two to get released (iirc it's a trilogy, right?) so I can buy them altogether. It turns out that I may have done the right choice if they don't release the next ones here on GOG.

typo edit: ones = two
Post edited March 24, 2016 by Vythonaut
Good thing I never bought the original game on Android either. With the developers following this blasted logic, I can't quite force myself to stick behind them either.
Post edited March 24, 2016 by PookaMustard
Ixamyakxim: Wow would I be ticked off.

I always hate this logic. I refuse to believe piracy translates to lost sales. Pirates are going to pirate. Do you know how many copies of your game a pirate is going to buy if they can't pirate your game? Zero.

I WANT to buy your game! Please let me buy it!
I don't think that it has anything to do with all that. I was following their Kickastarter campaign to back them, had an endless back and forth with them about a few things, including DRM-free as they initially has only Steam for PC, and added DRM-free after people repeatedly asked for it.
And when the time came, they delayed it for a very long time while backers and others poked them constantly.

Seems they're doing the same now using the "it got pirated a lot after we released it on GOG" excuse.
Well.... that really sucks.
The first game was excellent, but to hell if I'm buying the sequels on Steam if that's the developers attitude.
HypersomniacLive: Seems they're doing the same now using the "it got pirated a lot after we released it on GOG" excuse.
I always sort of forget this - that the "pirated" bit is usually just the sort of easy prepackaged excuse. I do like your mention of some extended poking though - I think I'll shoot them an email - maybe this time we can get the same result.

I hate to say it, but I don't even mind waiting a bit extra. I just really want to play the game - like I said in my first post in the thread this is the game that finally made me create an account here with GoG after I thought I wouldn't ever get a shot to play it.
high rated
I bought Banner Saga on gog.

I would also buy Banner Saga 2 if it was released on gog.

I do not use Steam, so if it's only released there I will not buy Banner Saga 2.

Can't make the point any simpler than that. I suppose us goggers NOT buying Steam products is somehow seen as the new 'revenue loss' model. Strange logic if you ask me.