It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

WIPO is a United Nations agency with 191 member states signed on...
The pertinent treaty is the WCT (WIPO Copyright Treaty) of 1996.
Membership countries were required to pass laws to meet its requirements before 2002 when it entered into force.
The DMCA (1998) was the U.S. law to meet our nation's compliance with this treaty.

This isn't just countries bowing to the U.S. This is done through the United Nations...
I dunno. Seems like Star Control Origins is a one for one copy of Star Control 2 to me. Change the names and the paint, but there is nothing original in that game. Almost every aspect is the way it is because that's how it was in SC2. Does that have any legal bearing? I don't know. But I'm sick of games/movies/shows that can't come up with an original idea to save their lives.
RWarehall: This isn't just countries bowing to the U.S. This is done through the United Nations...
The UN seems to push a lot of crap around... Way too much actually.
Star Control Origins has returned to Steam. No word on GoG yet.
I am guessing a counterclaim may have been filed, in which case GOG & Valve can return the games to the shelves without danger to themselves. However, this may mean that Stardock becomes vulnerable for perjury down the line, should the courts find that to be the case.

Anyhow, I recommend fans of SC2 to play SCO if you can get over the politics. While the writing and races are not up to SC2's level, it is still comparable enough to be worth experiencing. Further, the gameplay and interface beats SC2. Far as I am concerned, the game is a faithful and worthwhile adaption.
Sabin_Stargem: I am guessing a counterclaim may have been filed, in which case GOG & Valve can return the games to the shelves without danger to themselves. However, this may mean that Stardock becomes vulnerable for perjury down the line, should the courts find that to be the case.

Anyhow, I recommend fans of SC2 to play SCO if you can get over the politics. While the writing and races are not up to SC2's level, it is still comparable enough to be worth experiencing. Further, the gameplay and interface beats SC2. Far as I am concerned, the game is a faithful and worthwhile adaption.
Alternately, I say SC2 fans should just play Ur-Quan Masters and avoid dealing with Stardocks Star Control Origins altogether.
And it's back on GoG again too...
Mr. Burns

" Excellent . Release the DLCs . "