It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Save big on hourly Flash Deals, build your games library with GOG Connect and save up to 90% on classics, modern greats, and indie gems.

UPDATE: All flash deal games are now part of the lineup and will remain available until Monday, September 10th, 10 pm UTC. Grab them now, while the Back to School sale is still in session!

The school bell rings out once more, ushering in the start of another term. It’s not the only bell ringing, however! At GOG.COM, the DRM-free storefront with a distinction in classic video games, the sales bell is ringing once again.

GOG Connect allows Steam users to join the DRM-free gaming movement by connecting their accounts to GOG.COM, receiving DRM-free copies of eligible Steam games! We'll be offering the following titles initially, with more added as the week goes on:

● Shadowrun Returns
● MDK
● King of Dragon Pass
● For the Glory
● Tempest

If speedy flash deals aren't for you, tons of games will still be discounted throughout the entirety of the sale. We’ll be offering a range of modern greats, indie gems, and cult classics, as well as straight up, top of the class, classics. As ever, GOG will be filled with discounts on big titles such as Battletech, Dungeon Keeper, Torment: Tides of Numenera and much more.

With over 500 deals and savings up to 90%, there’s plenty on offer for every type of gamer. The Back To School Sale ends September 10th, 10 pm UTC.
Has anyone played de blob games? Is the second one a real sequel of sorts, so that it is recommended to play them in order, or is it just an enhanced/different version of the first? If you had to choose one, which would it be? I read the second one has time limits all around, does it ruin the open world / exploration gameplay?
Post edited September 03, 2018 by Leroux
Kakarot96: It's like Divinity Original Sin (or 2) vs Skyrim, two good games with little in common in their style. In the case of DAO, it's a pausable real time 3rd person team like Baldur's Gate, while Oblivion is a 1st person action-rpg...

That said, imho, both are worth playing so if you like classic rpgs like Baldur's Gate, for the price of the sale is a must.
IronArcturus: Thanks for the info!
You are welcome. If you have bought it, i really hope you enjoy it!

BTW, it is safe to buy any of the games on sale or can appear later in a flash sale with a better discount? Anyone knows?
Mmm. I definitely think the definitive edition of Pillars of Eternity will hit a cheaper price than the White March Expansion Pass next year. The Expansion pass still hasn't had more than a 40% discount and I swear at 40% off its getting more expensive everytime I look at it.
high rated
Ugh, flash sales suck! Where did all those lovely boring sales go in which you could take your time making an informed decision based on the full spread of discounted titles, their desirability, and your budget? I loved those.

tarasis: Anyway not the biggest fan of the Flash Deals but I won't let them put me off buying anything. The prices for Ultima 1-3 & 4-6 are too much of a steal to ignore. Not sure about picking up 8 or 9 though. (Note I've played no Ultima games)
Karma313th: They're not exactly "flash" deals when they last 6 hours. If you're not able to pick up during that kind of a time frame, well....

It adds a bit of fun, not just looking at the same deals for the entire sale like Steam sales are these days. Of course, the Insomnia sales are a lot more fun until something lingers way too long, but this is good, too.
If you're not able to pick them up in that time, you've...

...been asleep.
...been at work.
...had to pick up the kids, help them with their homework, make them dinner, get them to stop fighting, put them to bed.
...been at a social event.
...a myriad of other reasons.

This whole "I gotta work for my discounts" thing is really beyond me. I much prefer to get my thrills elsewhere.
MightyPinecone: Ugh, flash sales suck! Where did all those lovely boring sales go in which you could take your time making an informed decision based on the full spread of discounted titles, their desirability, and your budget? I loved those.

Karma313th: They're not exactly "flash" deals when they last 6 hours. If you're not able to pick up during that kind of a time frame, well....

It adds a bit of fun, not just looking at the same deals for the entire sale like Steam sales are these days. Of course, the Insomnia sales are a lot more fun until something lingers way too long, but this is good, too.
MightyPinecone: If you're not able to pick them up in that time, you've...

...been asleep.
...been at work.
...had to pick up the kids, help them with their homework, make them dinner, get them to stop fighting, put them to bed.

This whole "I gotta work for my discounts" thing is really beyond me. I much prefer to get my thrills elsewhere.
I agree with this.

I had five titles in my shopping cart and I come back and the discount is already gone.

They are poor sales for those of us who are not in front of the computer all day.
MadalinStroe: More so, Battle Chasers might end up being offered at -65% discount, seeing how the upgrade is at 61%,
I believe that's been corrected to 60%, which would match the discount for the game currently at the HB fall sale as well.
henriquejr: Is there a thread tracking the Flash Deals?
Cavalary: Yep. Percentages are right, prices are German prices though. Speaking of, OP will need help if any games blocked in Germany are on flash deals.
Thanks for the link :)
Flash sale? How about no. I can tolerate daily deals, but dripping a new deal every hour just makes me wait... and wait... and wait until the final hours.
Catshade: ...
But you're aware that the offers last for 6 hours, aren't you? So it's not exactly Flash Sale. It's more like Daily Deal in Venus time ;)
MightyPinecone: Ugh, flash sales suck! Where did all those lovely boring sales go in which you could take your time making an informed decision based on the full spread of discounted titles, their desirability, and your budget? I loved those.

MightyPinecone: If you're not able to pick them up in that time, you've...

...been asleep.
...been at work.

To be honest, the hole Salemania reched a point a bit beyond me. I gives me a bit the feeling of trashteleshopping, sales all the time=baseprice will be set high enough to afford sales and still make good profit...the only other reason would be "being desperate for cash to keep the company alive"
GOG.com: Save big on hourly Flash Deals, build your games library with GOG Connect and save up to 90% on classics, modern greats, and indie gems.
Hourly flash deals? Thanks GOG, but no! For me this is the worst kind of sale you can do.
Catshade: ...
ciemnogrodzianin: But you're aware that the offers last for 6 hours, aren't you? So it's not exactly Flash Sale. It's more like Daily Deal in Venus time ;)
Yes, but 6 hours including night, and things to do during the day, like working or be with people :P this forces you to coming here again and again, at the very minimum 4 times/day, 28 times during this week, at weird hours (i mean, if you want and care to keep track of all the deals)

Now, real Daily Deal would have been much better. 24 hours and then a change let people to expend a minute at any time to look for the new deals.

This morning i had to rush to power the computer to be able to see the deals before expiring, and that's not very comfortable. I am supposedly working right now, and here i am, anyway :)
For those having issues with Internet Explorer, we can only advise the use of another web browser or mobile phone device currently.
high rated
Enjoy that crazy sale! :) Greetings from Vienna!
really need to lay off this flash sale crap, it offers no better deal than regular deals
Post edited September 04, 2018 by robertgg