It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There will be blood. Delicious blood.

<span class="bold">Vampire&reg;: The Masquerade - Bloodlines&trade;</span>, the timeless RPG masterpiece that has sucked many a gamer's time, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Intoxicating. Macabre. Vital. These are both traits of blood and of Vampire®: The Masquerade - Bloodlines™, the RPG that forever changed expectations on how the creatures of the night should be depicted in videogames. Was it the ridiculous replayability? The versatility of our vampiric abilities? The gripping visual and sound design? Perhaps the memorable NPCs and stellar writing. One thing is for certain: much like the daunting Antediluvians, this is a game whose allure only grows stronger with time. No point in resisting it any longer.

Sink your teeth into the definitive bloodsucking experience that is <span class="bold">Vampire&reg;: The Masquerade - Bloodlines&trade;</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Note: This version includes third-party technical fixes, courtesy of Wesp5. The full unofficial patch, which also includes additional content, can be found over at <span class="bold">Patches Scrolls</span>.

Twitch alert
Want to watch some entrancing nightly exsanguinations? Join Memoriesin8Bit as he launches a series of Bloodlines streams on <span class="bold">twitch.tv/gogcom</span>, starting Monday, 6 PM UTC.
Best game ever
shmerl: It's a pity though the OST wasn't released with the game.
I'd love to have the OST in lossless, as an extra. It would be probably an insta-buy, to me.
Bloodlines was 10 dollars in DotEmu before it was pulled.
I don't think I'll pay the double for just an unofficial patch.
Thiev: you can't go more vampirer then that
Firek: Bloodlines is, arguably, the vampirest of all.
These posts remind me of this comic.
amurgaming: Does this version support widescreen resolutions?
MBiL_248: Yes. :)
Fantastic. A shame this isn't mentioned in the description... @gog. ;)
JudasIscariot: Yeah I just verified it myself :)

So for anyone else looking to run the game unmodded in Wine just do:

$wine vampire.exe -game Unofficial_Patch
That actually would launch it with patch enabled (i.e. if you installed patch plus, all Wesp's and other additions will be activated with that parameter).

Some other recommended tweaks:

Add -console parameter to startup options if you want to enable in-game console.

Also, you can force anisotropic filtering for much improved distant visuals in the game. If you are using closed Nvidia driver, do this before running the game

export __GL_LOG_MAX_ANISO=4

In PlayOnLinux you can put that in "command to exec before running the program".

On other drivers, figure out how to enable anisotropic filtering. It really makes a huge difference.
Post edited April 25, 2016 by shmerl
amurgaming: Fantastic. A shame this isn't mentioned in the description... @gog. ;)
Wesp's patches supported it for a long time already as far as I know.
Another game off the list:

Armies of Exigo
Bohemia Library
Blade of Darkness
Diablo 1 and 2
Starcraft 1
Warcraft Trilogy
Black and White 1 and 2
Full Throttle
Command and Conquer series
Monkey Island 3 and 4
Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines CONFIRMED AND RELEASED.
Age of Empires serires
Civilization series
Half-Life 1 and 2
Counter Strike and Condition Zero
Doom 3 and Ressurection of Evil expansion
Dungeon Siege 1 and 2
Mechwarrior series
SimCity 1 and 3000
The Sims 1 and 2
Battlefield 1942, Vietnam, 2, and 2142
Call of Duty 1+United Offensive
SWAT 4
Commander Keen
Hexen series
Heretic Games
Total War Rome 1, Shogun 1, Medieval 1 and 2
Marathon series
Myth seires
Wizardry 1 to 5
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 2 and 3 and their expansions
Tom Clacny's Splineter Cell Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory
Brother's in Arms Road to Hill 30 and Earned in Blood
Tron 2.0
Grand Theft Auto 1, 2, 3, Vice City, San Andreas
Red Orchestra 1
Rise of Nations Gold
Crysis 1+Warhead
Throne of Darkness
Shadowcaster
Dune 1 and 2
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Zax: The Alien Hunter
Gorasul: The Legacy of the Dragon
Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor
Siege of Avalon
Seal Of Evil
FATE games
Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War 1 and 2
Warhammer Dark Omen
Power Monger
No One Lives Forever 1 and 2
JudasIscariot: Have you confirmed this or is this a guess?
MBiL_248: I've bought the game, started it, viewed the intro (both: the normal one and legacy) and it's definitely the censored version: Link

My system language is German of course, I don't know if that matters?
That site you linked to is wrong. I bought this game the day it was originally released, and I think I know what's going on.

The confusion is because the original release in the US had a timing glitch, where the camera was intended to cut away to the crowd reaction just as the Sheriff starts to swing his sword. It didn't time out right, you'd see the sword swing down and pass right through the kneeling victim and *then* it cut to the crowd and the audio got out of synch. This was a bug, and they fixed it with the first (I think, may have been the second) official patch.

I remember watching that intro movie the first time and thinking it was clearly glitchy and bugged. This isn't censorship, it's a bugfix.
Licurg: I nearly fainted when I saw this...
If Sacrifice came here for the first time you would have died ;)
キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!

*dies*
Post edited April 25, 2016 by ashwald
My GOG life is complete now...
MBiL_248: I've bought the game, started it, viewed the intro (both: the normal one and legacy) and it's definitely the censored version: Link

My system language is German of course, I don't know if that matters?
MisterB: That site you linked to is wrong. I bought this game the day it was originally released, and I think I know what's going on.

The confusion is because the original release in the US had a timing glitch, where the camera was intended to cut away to the crowd reaction just as the Sheriff starts to swing his sword. It didn't time out right, you'd see the sword swing down and pass right through the kneeling victim and *then* it cut to the crowd and the audio got out of synch. This was a bug, and they fixed it with the first (I think, may have been the second) official patch.

I remember watching that intro movie the first time and thinking it was clearly glitchy and bugged. This isn't censorship, it's a bugfix.
I'm not sure about this. German Steam shop page says clearly "censored version, German language support only" and the only difference is that certain scene from the intro. I can perfectly live with that version if that's the only one GOG can provide though. Just great to see another real classic without DRM here on virtual shelves. :)
Aaaaaand I could not hold on to my money. Was this release intentionally unveiled on pay day?
Simply the best RPG I ever played. And the only one I played through more than once. So glad it's finally here.

Still, I'm not paying 20 bucks for a more than 10 years old game I already own on disc. Wishlisted for now.
FINALLY!!!

Don't care about price tag, instabuy when I get home. Having this DRM-free, able to do multiple installs to run diff mods... i've been waiting for this.

Please, Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen + NOLF 1+2 next, GOG!

Stay awesome.