It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"And the lamp-light o’er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor…"

Lamplight City is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Haunted by the spirit of his dead partner in a city that's smothering its disenfranchised with promises of technological advancement, P.I. Miles Fordham presses on, following false leads or blind instinct through five murder cases that will challenge his presence of mind.
Missed a clue? It happens. Got sidetracked by a crafty witness? The story will go on, twisting itself around the state of your investigation. What you can't miss, are the overt Gabriel Knight vibes and Edgar Allan Poe ambiance that envelop this Victorian-esque mystery like an alluring mist.
Post edited September 14, 2018 by maladr0Id
SLIGHT SPOILERS FOR LAMPLIGHT CITY

I've started playing the game, have solved the 1st case.
Is fun so far, but definitely not a game if one's looking for complex puzzles (it doesn't even have an inventory after all). Seems to be even easier than A Golden wake so far.
Story of the 1st case dealt extensively with racism, also a bit with homosexuality...found it a bit heavy-handed at times. Will have to see if the rest of the game is similar.
Post edited September 14, 2018 by morolf
shmerl: Impressive and with Linux version! I'll buy it. Is it using AGS or Unity?
Looking at the system requirements it cannot be Unity. :P

morolf: Is fun so far, but definitely not a game if one's looking for complex puzzles (it doesn't even have an inventory after all). Seems to be even easier than A Golden wake so far.
Sounds good for me when it's an easy one. :)
Post edited September 14, 2018 by eiii
eiii: Sounds good for me when it's an easy one. :)
Don't know, an adventure needs decent puzzles imo, and so far I have seen only a few in Lamplight city, it seems to be more a matter of just talking to everybody and making occasional choices along the way (which seem to be rather obvious though). But I've only seen a small part of the game so far (1st of five cases if I understand correctly), so judgement would be a bit premature.
eiii: Sounds good for me when it's an easy one. :)
morolf: Don't know, an adventure needs decent puzzles imo, and so far I have seen only a few in Lamplight city, it seems to be more a matter of just talking to everybody and making occasional choices along the way (which seem to be rather obvious though). But I've only seen a small part of the game so far (1st of five cases if I understand correctly), so judgement would be a bit premature.
eh, that fake fanboy review from SabbaRoy states "eliminating "verbs," puzzles and inventory to make room for branching story and a memorably diverse cast" so no thanks. The achievement of good p'n'c adventures is to COMBINE puzzles with story and characters.
Hey, is this game a bit like Jack Orlando? I am searching for games like Jack Orlando.
low rated
deleted
SignsOfThePast: Hey, is this game a bit like Jack Orlando? I am searching for games like Jack Orlando.
Really? I still think Jack Orlando is a rather disappointing game. So what was it that you liked most on Jack Orlando? Maybe I could point you to some other games. This game is a point and click adventure so it's the same genre as Jack Orlando but the missing inventory also makes it more easy and it is probably more focused on characters, atmosphere and narration I would guess (of course I am just guessing since I don't own it myself).
Post edited September 14, 2018 by MarkoH01
I actually quite liked Golden Wake, and with a linux build from the start it's hard to resist this game.
high rated
Hey all!

Just thought I'd clarify: the game hasn't eliminated "puzzles," it just doesn't feature any sort of inventory combination puzzles or ones where you have to end up clicking everything on everything.

The cases have obstacles (for example, trying to figure out how to get rid of a police officer guarding a tomb you need to get into to search) so it's not just an easy click-fest. The cases themselves, and trying to follow the leads and suspects, are the puzzles. Hence why it's more of a detective game than your "traditional" point and click.

I realize that might turn off the more hardcore fans, but I personally believe that puzzles where you have to craft makeshift tools from different objects have no place in a detective story where the primary focus is to solve mysteries.
Just finished this game and I loved it! I am a working mom of three but still would make time to play this game. I am wishing for a Lamplight City 2 :)