It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
I just checked Nightdive Discord Channel and one mod said that "Nightdive or Bethesda never made such a statement". We should ask GOG or Bethesda.
It would be great if somebody of GOG Staff can answer to this thread, so we can avoid to create several tickets on the support channel.
Accordingly to the original post of Smollest Light, they where in talks with the publisher (Bethesda) so maybe they could give us more info.
Capture of the chat below.
Attachments:
Post edited December 02, 2021 by Ruvika
high rated
GOG's post claims it is an official statement by the publisher:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/quake_enhanced_update/post1

Discord mods have not exactly been the most reliable or unbiased sources in the past. But I see Bethesda/Night Dive found the time to put the Quake Enhanced Edition on Epic's store.
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/quake
Post edited December 02, 2021 by SCPM
NightDive Discord moderators can know a great deal about their own company, yet they usually can't access any from their publishers.
"Nightdive or Bethesda never made such a statement" is practically means that *We don't have any information to confirm that claim*.

As for the Quake update we probably will not see it soon if ever. I wonder why you haven't included your info into related thread.
high rated
I wouldnt put much trust in somebody naming themselves "Creamy Elephant" unless they ran an adult dvd and toy emporium and that was the expertise you required.
Post edited December 02, 2021 by Sachys
Still I think it will be a controversial entry if the game arrive here because to access the DLCs you have to log on the Bethesda account at least once to download them, then you can play it without problems.
(I redeem the Quake version on Bethesda store).
Ruvika: Still I think it will be a controversial entry if the game arrive here because to access the DLCs you have to log on the Bethesda account at least once to download them, then you can play it without problems.
That's the problem. Bethesda is not going to remove Bethesda account requirement. GOG is not going to release a game with online requirement. Each party see it as some kind of misunderstanding which is to be resolved by itself in due time. It might but I just can't see Bethesda removing DRM from their games any time soon.
Ruvika: Still I think it will be a controversial entry if the game arrive here because to access the DLCs you have to log on the Bethesda account at least once to download them, then you can play it without problems.
Not the case for the Steam version.

Edit: game hasnt been online, cant connect to the internet and I think i also blocked it from talking to steam and it still worked after.
Cadaver747: That's the problem. Bethesda is not going to remove Bethesda account requirement.
theres no "requirement"
Attachments:
loaded.jpg (196 Kb)
Sachys: theres no "requirement"
OK, there is NO requirement, but there is something called "Bethesda account" and I think that Bethesda *is not ready* to approve the removal of that part from their game by various reasons, one of which is a requirement to allocate some resources to make a change for a free update for all current owners in fairly small store.
Sachys: theres no "requirement"
Cadaver747: OK, there is NO requirement, but there is something called "Bethesda account" and I think that Bethesda *is not ready* to approve the removal of that part from their game by various reasons, one of which is a requirement to allocate some resources to make a change for a free update for all current owners in fairly small store.
Possible.

However, the OPs screenshot simply suggests its a case of arses and elbows (which seems normal for discord).

Edit: checking up (as i dont normally bother with it) the bethesda account is required for multiplayer, but not local (not sure if there is / about LAN). So really they just need to prevent it trying to connect on launch / account popup there and it should be doable.
We need an official answer. After all this time and they just are laughing in our faces!
GOG is clearly extremely low-priority, presumably because of their tiny market-share/userbase. It sucks but aside from booting devs and pubs who treat users as 2nd class citizens, I don't think GOG can do much else, they have no leverage. (some of it depends on what is worth "booting" over, which can differ from person to person; for me it's mostly just missing important patches - missing multiplayer, achievements, leaderboards, etc. don't bother me. I do wish extras provided for free on Steam weren't kept away from here either) Bethesda games have sold very well here so I can't see GOG purposefully cutting ties with them, maybe Bethesda cuts ties with GOG eventually.

I still hope it shows up but I'm not desperate to play it. Maybe in the far future I'll get it on Steam if need be, but not for a while.
Oh. Hmmm, I don't necessarily have a problem with Creation Club games coming here if the CC content is DRM-free, but at the same time this does bother me. Best for GOG to reject this especially during this time period I think. If we really can't get the single-player stuff here w/o a Bethesda account requirement, so be it; keep it out.

edit: but there's also what Sachys said. :P
Post edited December 03, 2021 by tfishell
I can't believe it. I don't have the words in English (mostly because is not my mother tongue) to put here how disappointed I am.

Why lie to your users? Doesn't GoG have enough problems already to pull this crap on us? "Hey, we are talking with Bethesda, but it seems the login requirement will give us problems, we are sorry for this, and if we don't manage to bring the update, we will give refunds/store credit/something for the issue."

I'm just, wow. God damn.
Its likely that GOG talked to some rando at Bethseda and they forgot to pass the word, or ND/ZM or Beth is waiting till the update hits a certain stage or for NDS' side some releases happen first and it opens up some space to prepare a gog version of the update, sadly we may never know.

it will either come or it won't

but personally I think GOG may have jumped the gun asked the wrong person at Beth, they said "sure?" and then made the announcement.

Would be nice to as Ketobak said to hear some official word but as usual GOG being a uncommunicative monolith is not surprising and kinda expected at this point.
Well if Epic now have it, we might see it before too long ... maybe Xmas.
So long as GOG can stay off Santa's Naughty List. LOL
This could be a guess here.

Maybe when Bethesda decides to finish-up all of their Add-On's and updates for Quake 1: Enhanced - yeah, whenever the heck that might be - maybe that's when they'll bring it to GOG and also removed the Bethesda.Net Requirement.

That way, GOG can straight-up get EVERYTHING in one big swoop.