It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated

It is sad to see that all this nonsense in the forum, and in the store in general, is GOG´s fault. If they cared about the userbase instead of hating it, if they didn´t misstreat it, if they weren´t lying through their teeth with all their DRM shenanigans among other things, if they themselves respected their own forum rules, if they cared about their own products, etc. None of these nonsense would be happening.

Truly sad to see.
I don't think they hate the userbase, but you have to understand that it's a corporation. The corporate model is not providing products to customers in exchange for money. No, the model is based on bringing customer money to the shareholders. Sure, they give us things in exchange, but we're the product. We're cattle.

So if they cared about their product (us), indeed this would all be going smoothly. The problem is, the farmer has handed offf his cows (us) over to a bunch of hired hands that aren't even farmers (the forum moderation that isn't made of gamers gamers nor are they at all experienced in proper policy management) and they're bumbling around, because they're just there for a paycheck. Of course they're a little vindictive when the cows are moody: they just wanted an easy shift, as it ain't their cows nor are they interested in cows. They just want to get their day in and go home. But, hey, we cows have a right to be moody, especially when the farm hands get snippy with us.
Oh, yes. They do hate the userbase. A lot. The same userbase who ruined their plans to release a DRM infested Hitman. The same userbase who is slowing down GOG´s plan to become a DRM store. Something they will eventually achieve, no doubt. But for the time being, they need to try to trick the userbase by releasing propaganda in a regular basis, claiming they care about DRM-free games, while sabotaging offline installers and pushing DRM´d galaxified "goodies" down peoples throats.

You have a point about us, the userbase, being the product though. They sell the information gathered by Galaxy after all, for example.

It is not only the forum which is handled by people who has no clue of what they are doing or what they should do. The problem is bigger than that. If the greedy ****** who rule the store, left the decission making to the people who know the store well, their income would be greater because the store would be more successfull. They would sell more games, the userbase wouldn´t be angry, their very important game wouldn´t have been a total failure, they would have increased their userbase, they would be able to attract more companies to sell their games here DRM-free, and they could keep selling the data gathered by Galaxy. But they choosed to be miniSteam and that will be the store´s doom. So be it.
Post edited March 23, 2022 by arrua
low rated
What was the thread? GOG generally locks threads unless they're complete dumpster fires from start to finish.
low rated
ettac orrazib si eman ym: What was the thread? GOG generally locks threads unless they're complete dumpster fires from start to finish.
it was put out of existence in a blink
low rated
ettac orrazib si eman ym: What was the thread? GOG generally locks threads unless they're complete dumpster fires from start to finish.
You can read half of the thread here. And as you can see, it was not a complete dumpster fire from start to finish.

The title was Double Think and in the first post the user talked about the forum´s censorship and talked about one of the GOG´s staff members having been insulted or somehing.
low rated
Sounds like it might have been a thread complaining about being moderated? That's against the rules so I can see why it was deleted rather than locked.
low rated
ettac orrazib si eman ym: Sounds like it might have been a thread complaining about being moderated? That's against the rules so I can see why it was deleted rather than locked.
Well, I know nothing about that. And it´s not as if rules were not broken by GOG itself.

We don’t tolerate hate speech, intimidation, harassment, sexual, racial, or ethnic slurs, and discrimination.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/nYmrrIbpGkGA0/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47b1ynqln4bu6jjx7o42gne9zc6rrp1131ja16yaxw&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
low rated
My post vaporized that thread, they couldn't let it exist anymore.
low rated
arrua: Well, I know nothing about that. And it´s not as if rules were not broken by GOG itself.

We don’t tolerate hate speech, intimidation, harassment, sexual, racial, or ethnic slurs, and discrimination.
That's quite an accusation to make. If you're accusing GOG of those bolded things you might want to back it up. Feel free to PM me if you don't feel safe to post it on the forum.
Post edited March 23, 2022 by ettac orrazib si eman ym
low rated
arrua: Well, I know nothing about that. And it´s not as if rules were not broken by GOG itself.

ettac orrazib si eman ym: That's quite an accusation to make. If you're accusing GOG of those bolded things you might want to back it up. Feel free to PM me if you don't feel safe to post it on the forum.
Well, the whole reputation system abuse has been going on for quite some time and GOG is doing nothing to solve the problem. The reputation system has been using to intimidate and harass users. So, it is clear that GOG is tolerating this behaviour.

GOG is clearly discriminating Russian and Belarus users.
low rated
arrua: Well, the whole reputation system abuse has been going on for quite some time and GOG is doing nothing to solve the problem. The reputation system has been using to intimidate and harass users. So, it is clear that GOG is tolerating this behaviour.

So at first you accused GOG staff of breaking those rules, now you're simply claiming they don't enforce them which is a very different accusation. I was expecting you to provide evidence of GOG staff intimidating people, harassing people and discriminating.

GOG is not discriminating against Russian and Belarusian users because people of those nationalities all around the world can use GOG. In addition, non-Russian or Belarusian users in Russia and Belarus cannot currently use GOG. The sanctions are against the countries, not the nationalities.

Of course I'm sure you know all of that but choose to ignore it. No matter, I assume this thread will be locked in the morning and I'm frankly surprised it wasn't locked earlier today.
low rated
arrua: Well, the whole reputation system abuse has been going on for quite some time and GOG is doing nothing to solve the problem. The reputation system has been using to intimidate and harass users. So, it is clear that GOG is tolerating this behaviour.

ettac orrazib si eman ym: So at first you accused GOG staff of breaking those rules, now you're simply claiming they don't enforce them which is a very different accusation. I was expecting you to provide evidence of GOG staff intimidating people, harassing people and discriminating.

GOG is not discriminating against Russian and Belarusian users because people of those nationalities all around the world can use GOG. In addition, non-Russian or Belarusian users in Russia and Belarus cannot currently use GOG. The sanctions are against the countries, not the nationalities.

Of course I'm sure you know all of that but choose to ignore it. No matter, I assume this thread will be locked in the morning and I'm frankly surprised it wasn't locked earlier today.
You are probably the worst kind of fanboy.
low rated
Orkhepaj: You are probably the worst kind of fanboy.
Nope. I criticise GOG quite a lot, just for other things: like releasing games with DRM, not being hard enough on developers that jerk us around with updates etc. You know, normal stuff.
low rated
Orkhepaj: You are probably the worst kind of fanboy.
ettac orrazib si eman ym: Nope. I criticise GOG quite a lot, just for other things: like releasing games with DRM, not being hard enough on developers that jerk us around with updates etc. You know, normal stuff.
Probably I missed those cause i dont remember your comments at all, but looking at your rep you must be here each day strange
it is surely not ,but i feel you are just a troll main and use alts to dvote and troll
low rated
arrua: GOG is clearly discriminating Russian and Belarus users.
Agreed......by banning customers from said regions from purchasing games(likely in large part to virtue signal to others online) GOG is discriminating against said customers.

(the above aside, I sent a friend request, as i'd like to chat sometime in PM if that's ok)
low rated

ettac orrazib si eman ym: So at first you accused GOG staff of breaking those rules, now you're simply claiming they don't enforce them which is a very different accusation. I was expecting you to provide evidence of GOG staff intimidating people, harassing people and discriminating.

What are you talking about?

The rules are written by GOG. GOG and its staff are the one´s who should apply by those rules first. A rule says that they won´t tolerate certain behaviour. But then, they break it and allow certain others to do it. In what way am I doing whatever you claim I´m doing?

People of those nationalities all around the world can use GOG, ok. Except the one´s that live in Russia and Belarus, of course. They can´t buy anything. The exceptions that confirm the rule, I guess, right? According to you too, apparently, it is fine to discriminate them. Because they are filthy monsters or something. Have they done anything wrong? Yes, of course they have. They live in the wrong countries.

I thought I was exchanging messages with a civilized person. I guess not. Censorship for the win. Or something.
Swissy88: My post vaporized that thread, they couldn't let it exist anymore.
And it will vaporize this one too. And certain someone will be very happy about it, apparently.

You should be banned. :(
Post edited March 24, 2022 by arrua