It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
So I foolish posted in cyberchief's thread and someone replied (tinyE, I know it was you, the notification system told me that much) and then the thread got deleted and I was stuck with the purple dot.
Now I know there are others who have a similar problem due to threads which got deleted and as it was annoying me I had a poke about to see what I could do.

Luckily I found a solution, and one that's not too complicated.
Basically you need to go into your browser's console (usually you can open it by pressing F12) and paste the following bit of code:

angular.element(document.body).injector().get('menuNotificationsRepository').deleteAllNotifications();

Then hit enter. This should clear any notifications (it will probably clear friend requests and messages too, be warned) of forum replies and also the activity feed one.
It should definitely work for anyone who uses my script, but it may not work for those who don't (not sure if that bit of code requires angular's debugging to be turned on or not).

Anyway, hope it helps someone else! :)
adaliabooks: ...
For non-tech people easier could be to ask somebody else for PM then select "clear notifications" from bell icon as I've heard that this way works too.
adaliabooks: ...
Lexor: For non-tech people easier could be to ask somebody else for PM then select "clear notifications" from bell icon as I've heard that this way works too.
Not sure if that does work or not (I'd need a message and a forum reply to test it myself), but this way doesn't require anyone else's assistance and really isn't that tricky to do.
adaliabooks: Not sure if that does work or not (I'd need a message and a forum reply to test it myself), but this way doesn't require anyone else's assistance and really isn't that tricky to do.
Opening console can be sometimes "scary" for non-tech people. :D
The bug exists about 1 month, and GOG never fix it.
kbnrylaec: The bug exists about 1 month, and GOG never fix it.
To be fair the bug has existed far longer than that... deleting threads has always had various effects on people who posted in them, ranging from stuck notifications to clearing your topic history on the community page.

As for fixing it... it's a forum issue, it will get fixed when they replace the forum (presumably) whenever that might be.
what would this place be without adalia?

Well done.
My dot goes away. Guess I don;t post that often to threads that disappear.

I;m getting a lot of false positives though. I understand that if someone hits reply to tone of my posts and even if they edit out my stuff, I still get the notification.

Had 8 of them 5 minutes ago. Only 3 had actual replies to me.
drmike: My dot goes away. Guess I don;t post that often to threads that disappear.

I;m getting a lot of false positives though. I understand that if someone hits reply to tone of my posts and even if they edit out my stuff, I still get the notification.

Had 8 of them 5 minutes ago. Only 3 had actual replies to me.
Yeah, I get that too, annoys the hell out of me. At least they go away once you open the threads.
Lexor: For non-tech people easier could be to ask somebody else for PM then select "clear notifications" from bell icon as I've heard that this way works too.
Yes, this worked for me.
kbnrylaec: The bug exists about 1 month, and GOG never fix it.
thats okay - its GaG after all. Remember for how long double top bar existed on forums after store redesign?
Post edited June 13, 2018 by Gekko_Dekko
adaliabooks: So I foolish posted in cyberchief's thread and someone replied (tinyE, I know it was you, the notification system told me that much) and then the thread got deleted and I was stuck with the purple dot.
Now I know there are others who have a similar problem due to threads which got deleted and as it was annoying me I had a poke about to see what I could do.

Luckily I found a solution, and one that's not too complicated.
Basically you need to go into your browser's console (usually you can open it by pressing F12) and paste the following bit of code:

angular.element(document.body).injector().get('menuNotificationsRepository').deleteAllNotifications();

Then hit enter. This should clear any notifications (it will probably clear friend requests and messages too, be warned) of forum replies and also the activity feed one.
It should definitely work for anyone who uses my script, but it may not work for those who don't (not sure if that bit of code requires angular's debugging to be turned on or not).

Anyway, hope it helps someone else! :)
Since nobody else ever gave feedback on the use of this fix WITHOUT having Adalia Fundamentals installed:
I just tried this in Firefox 61.0.1, and it threw a syntax error; just for shits and giggles, I then tried again, this time manually transcribing (as opposed to Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V-ing) the line of code, and it seems to have worked this time. Don't know what happened there, but thanks for the fix nonetheless. =)
HunchBluntley: Since nobody else ever gave feedback on the use of this fix WITHOUT having Adalia Fundamentals installed:
I just tried this in Firefox 61.0.1, and it threw a syntax error; just for shits and giggles, I then tried again, this time manually transcribing (as opposed to Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V-ing) the line of code, and it seems to have worked this time. Don't know what happened there, but thanks for the fix nonetheless. =)
Thanks for the feedback, glad it worked.
Maybe just picked up an odd space or other formatting glitch from the forum when you copied I'd say.
adaliabooks: Maybe just picked up an odd space or other formatting glitch from the forum when you copied I'd say.
Well, it's code, and I don't understand software code to save my life, so I tried my damnedest to make sure the line was copied as exactly as possible -- I don't think I highlighted anything that shouldn't have been highlighted (including de-highlighting an invisible space or return just after the closing semicolon that I had initially picked up), and I double-checked the line between pasting it and pressing "Enter".
The error it gave linked to this explanation, and I made sure that the closing semicolon was there, so I don't know.
The console did make me type "allow pasting" before it would even accept my Ctrl-V, so maybe I somehow fucked that up. :P
HunchBluntley: Well, it's code, and I don't understand software code to save my life, so I tried my damnedest to make sure the line was copied as exactly as possible -- I don't think I highlighted anything that shouldn't have been highlighted (including de-highlighting an invisible space or return just after the closing semicolon that I had initially picked up), and I double-checked the line between pasting it and pressing "Enter".
The error it gave linked to this explanation, and I made sure that the closing semicolon was there, so I don't know.
The console did make me type "allow pasting" before it would even accept my Ctrl-V, so maybe I somehow fucked that up. :P
I suppose it's possible it expected a semi colon after the "allow pasting" statement... I don't really use Firefox except for the occasional testing so I'm not familiar with that requirement.
*shrugs*
As long as it worked eventually that's the main thing.