It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ashleee: Let's say generally it's for anything gaming related, but you can see there are also threads about music, about what makes you happy, and bitching about life ;D
BlueMooner: I'd like to strongly suggest that GOG make an "off-topic" forum. I REALLY think it would help to cut down on off topic issues constantly popping up in unrelated discussions. I think it would serve as a release, to prevent "pressure" building up in the general forum.
Agree 100%
dgnfly: The games you mention take parts of the real world it still has a basis of fantasy or a What if scenario of what the future might be or what metal gear solid is an alternate history or retelling with over the topic Anime characteristics. They are far from actually being realistic they just use nods towards real life. Twisting the pas or making a futuristic game doesn't make it close to real life or else you could say any games that use realistic graphics and is set in the real world is trying to do some sort of political push.

Even the devs of the game Civilization 6 tried the pandering route with their alteration of South Koreans queen Seon Deok. Total war Rome did a pandering moment where it goes from a realistic simulator to a fantasy one. There is a big ho you use the realistic setting and right now they are trying to seel fantasy setting as Historically accurate.
As far as I know, Total War was never really historically accurate with some things which are completely against the real life.

I think you are mistaking historical accuracy and realism, which are two different things.
i_hope_you_rot: Suggestion : Just open a new off topic section in the forum and name it to " The Hell " and let the losers ( i mean users ) kill each other in there . :)
Speaking of "The Hell": Is that actually you mindlessly spamming links to gog sales on the RPG Codex or do you have your very own impersonator claiming to be you?
fronzelneekburm: Speaking of "The Hell": Is that actually you mindlessly spamming links to gog sales on the RPG Codex or do you have your very own impersonator claiming to be you?
I see you have a problem with me in here and in there . Am i right ?
Why would you discuss about your ancestors in a gaming forum?
Zeddge: Why would you discuss about your ancestors in a gaming forum?
XD

GOOD QUESTION!
fronzelneekburm: Speaking of "The Hell": Is that actually you mindlessly spamming links to gog sales on the RPG Codex or do you have your very own impersonator claiming to be you?
i_hope_you_rot: I see you have a problem with me in here and in there . Am i right ?
Not particularly. Since the majority of your posts there were just links to gog promos, I honestly mistook you for a gog staffer doing some guerilla marketing. When you posted a link to your wishlist, I decided I'll go ahead and ask you if that's really you.
low rated
tinyE: XD

GOOD QUESTION!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_-q9xeOgG4
low rated
Mafwek: "War does not determine who is right. Only who is left." -allegedly Bertrand Russell
BlueMooner: I've heard "war never changes". Forget who said it...

GameRager: It would help but some would likely go offtopic by accident/by human nature a few times anyways....it is a good idea, though.
BlueMooner: ALL threads go off-topic, that's inevitable. However when there is no regular outlet for discussions of certain issues, then those concerns/interests will be interjected into conversations, as opposed to occasionally veering off into them. IOW, there will be a lot more of them.
1. It was Ron Perlman as the announcer in the first fallout games.

2. Maybe, maybe not. People might still do so with subforums for offtopic, and some might be confused and post in the wrong place anyways. It might be good to have a containment board for topics that are controversial(but not rule breaking), though, to keep them out of the hair of those on the board who seem to live for finding things to get upset about.

Fairfox: off-topic means off-gaming-topic.with allowances to some misc topics. anyone who thinks any other is a derp
Should we make new sites for every grouping of offtopics then? I mean some like the people they chat with on a site and don't want to juggle a dozen or so sites for different topics if they can get many of them/talk about many of them in one single site.....convenience is king for some, after all. :)

LootHunter: To be fair, today people across all political spectrum call SJWs out on their bigotry and hypocricy. "Anti-SJW" term is usually reserved for witch hunters, who see any uncomfortable idea in a game as a sign of devs supporting "social justice".
There are good antis imo(I might be one of them) who just dislike the more extreme activists who do so to generate outrage and get their way for their own good feelings/to virtue signal to others, or to impose their ways and beliefs on everyone else. Also such people tend to also only focus on ACTUAL times people try to inject such in media and not every time(though SOME do generate outrage on our/their side of the aisle as well for the same reasons....we're not all perfect).
Darvond: So what many people seem to forget is that places like GOG or Neogaf aren't forums like the Roman Forum; a gathering of the populace, they're privately owned and operated, which means what they say, goes.

Every privately owned forum has rules, unspoken rules, and house rules.
If the laws being pushed pass then bigger sites(The big 3-4) will need to either let everyone post what they will within the law or the site loses it's protections against what users post to their sites.

dgnfly: He's a centrist so he's an NPC, he the kind that will bitch about things but won't pick a side in the fight so he'll just complain about it but that's all he'll do. IF we keep quite you might as well concede to the SJW way and let them just push their agenda in gaming cause they sure as hell won't be stopping the push for indoctrination.

I'm sick of the constant agenda pushing and censorship in gaming but saying nothing or calling things out won't change anything at all, So I'd rather call it out and be called annoying instead of letting it run its course. At least there has been some good news with Certain people going broke. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNTRbis9WHw
Being a centrist doesn't make one an NPC.....an NPC can be on any side of any issue and is often one who follows the groupthink without question. SV doesn't seem that way to me.

As for keeping quiet...there are times/places for such and it's not here on GOG every 5 minutes of every day. There are better places/times for that stuff.

(Also yeah I saw Anita went broke......press L for lulz she broke)
Post edited June 23, 2019 by GameRager
low rated
Ashleee: Let's say generally it's for anything gaming related, but you can see there are also threads about music, about what makes you happy, and bitching about life ;D
i_hope_you_rot: Suggestion : Just open a new off topic section in the forum and name it to " The Hell " and let the losers ( i mean users ) kill each other in there . :)
As long as they don't actually kill anyone(I know you were making a joke with that, btw) and it's voluntary(i.e. no one is forced to post solely in there) then it'd be a good idea.

That thread was likely trolling but you could then ask why post anything not gaming related in a gaming forum. Imo people like to chat about things with people they share interests with without needing a dozen sites to do so, or juggling various usernames between sites....just my two cents.
Post edited June 23, 2019 by GameRager
Darvond: So what many people seem to forget is that places like GOG or Neogaf aren't forums like the Roman Forum; a gathering of the populace, they're privately owned and operated, which means what they say, goes.

GameRager: If the laws being pushed pass then bigger sites(The big 3-4) will need to either let everyone post what they will within the law or the site loses it's protections against what users post to their sites.
I really don't see how "the big 3-4" (whatever that meant) have any relevance to how GOG so chooses to enforce their personal rules of their own choosing. As long as their webhosting allows it, who is to stop them? Especially self hosted. GOG is the sheriff.
Post edited June 23, 2019 by Darvond
low rated
GameRager: If the laws being pushed pass then bigger sites(The big 3-4) will need to either let everyone post what they will within the law or the site loses it's protections against what users post to their sites.
Darvond: I really don't see how "the big 3-4" (whatever that meant) have any relevance to how GOG so chooses to enforce their personal rules of their own choosing. As long as their webhosting allows it, who is to stop them? Especially self hosted. GOG is the sheriff.
I meant the big 3-4 social media companies obviously(I'm surprised a fellow american didn't get that reference). They are akin to the new digital commons and many believe access to them should be guaranteed unless one breaks the law of the country.

As for what it has to do with GOG...I was just mentioning how I fell most online socializing should be handled....if not all sites than at least the bigger ones.
low rated
BlueMooner: I've heard "war never changes". Forget who said it...

ALL threads go off-topic, that's inevitable. However when there is no regular outlet for discussions of certain issues, then those concerns/interests will be interjected into conversations, as opposed to occasionally veering off into them. IOW, there will be a lot more of them.
GameRager: 1. It was Ron Perlman as the announcer in the first fallout games.

2. Maybe, maybe not. People might still do so with subforums for offtopic, and some might be confused and post in the wrong place anyways. It might be good to have a containment board for topics that are controversial(but not rule breaking), though, to keep them out of the hair of those on the board who seem to live for finding things to get upset about.

Fairfox: off-topic means off-gaming-topic.with allowances to some misc topics. anyone who thinks any other is a derp
GameRager: Should we make new sites for every grouping of offtopics then? I mean some like the people they chat with on a site and don't want to juggle a dozen or so sites for different topics if they can get many of them/talk about many of them in one single site.....convenience is king for some, after all. :)

LootHunter: To be fair, today people across all political spectrum call SJWs out on their bigotry and hypocricy. "Anti-SJW" term is usually reserved for witch hunters, who see any uncomfortable idea in a game as a sign of devs supporting "social justice".
GameRager: There are good antis imo(I might be one of them) who just dislike the more extreme activists who do so to generate outrage and get their way for their own good feelings/to virtue signal to others, or to impose their ways and beliefs on everyone else. Also such people tend to also only focus on ACTUAL times people try to inject such in media and not every time(though SOME do generate outrage on our/their side of the aisle as well for the same reasons....we're not all perfect).

dgnfly: He's a centrist so he's an NPC, he the kind that will bitch about things but won't pick a side in the fight so he'll just complain about it but that's all he'll do. IF we keep quite you might as well concede to the SJW way and let them just push their agenda in gaming cause they sure as hell won't be stopping the push for indoctrination.

I'm sick of the constant agenda pushing and censorship in gaming but saying nothing or calling things out won't change anything at all, So I'd rather call it out and be called annoying instead of letting it run its course. At least there has been some good news with Certain people going broke. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNTRbis9WHw
GameRager: Being a centrist doesn't make one an NPC.....an NPC can be on any side of any issue and is often one who follows the groupthink without question. SV doesn't seem that way to me.

As for keeping quiet...there are times/places for such and it's not here on GOG every 5 minutes of every day. There are better places/times for that stuff.

(Also yeah I saw Anita went broke......press L for lulz she broke)
Centrist is just another form of a group and them ones that pick sides don't stay centrist cause they get pulled in the tide of which side suits them most. I could be considered a centrist but I still pick a side and participate I'm just very selective of what I join so I pick the ones that make the most sense and don't restrict what you can and can't enjoy.

NPC is just a person regardless of a group that can just keep saying the most used catchphrase and myths simply cause they don't know any better, It's just used as a group form more because SJW always go after people in Mob style and they just keep phrasing the same made up label bullshit constantly. A centrist just wants to ignore both and thinks if he does or calls it out it'll suddenly disappear while nothing actually changes, It's kinda like deluding yourself that you are and know better than both groups yet you'll contribute nothing. Simply screaming both sides are the same doesn't make your argument valid or well reasoned when you take into account one is for freedom and the other is for taking it away.

If you want the best example of what a Centrist is you just need to look at WW2, the mass did nothing while a minority right-wing fanatics massacre millions of jews. Centrist do nothing cause all they cared about was fi they were required to do nothing for the wealth it brought.

Sadly the gaming world has become more one-sided so it's slowly descending into an Orwellian nightmare, Even calling game garbage because it tries to push a certain agenda you get censored. keeping quiet is what most people want but it's not the solution If we, for instance, keep quiet you might as well conceded to the SJW style agenda and go into the white people did everything guilt trip and accept all those retarded myths they keep creating. To shout it out is to resist retardation.
Post edited June 23, 2019 by dgnfly
low rated
dgnfly: Centrist is just another form of a group and them ones that pick sides don't stay centrist cause they get pulled in the tide of which side suits them most. I could be considered a centrist but I still pick a side and participate I'm just very selective of what I join so I pick the ones that make the most sense and don't restrict what you can and can't enjoy.

NPC is just a person regardless of a group that can just keep saying the most used catchphrase and myths simply cause they don't know any better, It's just used as a group form more because SJW always go after people in Mob style and they just keep phrasing the same made up label bullshit constantly. A centrist just wants to ignore both and thinks if he does or calls it out it'll suddenly disappear while nothing actually changes, It's kinda like deluding yourself that you are and know better than both groups yet you'll contribute nothing. Simply screaming both sides are the same doesn't make your argument valid or well reasoned when you take into account one is for freedom and the other is for taking it away.

If you want the best example of what a Centrist is you just need to look at WW2, the mass did nothing while a minority right-wing fanatics massacre millions of jews. Centrist do nothing cause all they cared about was fi they were required to do nothing for the wealth it brought.

Sadly the gaming world has become more one-sided so it's slowly descending into an Orwellian nightmare, Even calling game garbage because it tries to push a certain agenda you get censored. keeping quiet is what most people want but it's not the solution If we, for instance, keep quiet you might as well conceded to the SJW style agenda and go into the white people did everything guilt trip and accept all those retarded myths they keep creating. To shout it out is to resist retardation.
1. Centrists try to remain fair and open to all sides, though, and usually they stick closer to the center on things.

I also pick and choose what actions of people to support/not and which are good/bad. I often side with people some dislike if they say/do something good and don't side with those others like if they do something bad/that I find disagreeable. Some will throw such people under the bus, sadly, for doing so though.

2. Not all who spout such are NPCs, though.....some are using such terms/phrases to get their way or cause outrage for clicks, sadly.

Also people on both sides can be for freedom or for taking it away......at least that;s been my experience.

3. Many of them were not centrists but rich opportunists, imo.

4. Did you see how some companies refused to add politics to their games and got called out/shamed for it?

Or how people keep demanding x group/race/gender in their games or they'll boycott? Whatever happened to "You don't like x then make your own"?

:\]
I mean.. Here's the thing. It's a Gaming Forum. Not a mass down at the city council. So why are you exhuming the facts of real life in a modularisation place of virtual happiness? It's supposed to be a place to chat about the games you love not a place to become a toxic community over spilled milk.