It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DaCostaBR: Sure, but GOG could at least make it marginally harder for him to continue acting like that.
So far, i tried to get some users to be "punished" for their actions in the forum and the support was useless on this point.... even if they know said users deserved at least a temporary ban.

There are rules for the forum use,& GOG doesn't applied them...i honestly hope fable22 will be able to do something... because it's getting ridiculous & that drive away some users.

A handful of cretins ruin this forum and they are good at it.
did the proposal to get rid of the reputation system already come up?

if not, i am proposing it now

it does not add anything useful, is easily abused and the source of endless anger/bickering - just kill the damn thing
DaCostaBR: You said it yourself the forum users are the vast minority, so how is requiring the forum poster to be an actual customer of the store going to make GOG lose customers?
See above for numbers. Forum users are 10% at best, though 2%-5% is probably closer.
The biggest hurdle for any digital store to entice new customers is the initial sign up. If the initial sign up is simple, the user will make the account. Once the user has an account, making a purchase is much easier.
Now think of a store that requires you to jump through a few hoops before making an account. How likely are you to complete the sign up process instead of saying that you'll just buy the item from the store that you already have an account?
high rated
Ah censorship, it always starts with best intentions in mind and then... something happens. And I thought that GOG community can manage it on their own.
high rated
So Trump won the election, so now we need the gog forums to become a safe space?

Sincerely, fuck off!
its vey important that you start and end every of your posts with a heavy racial insult.
JMich: See above for numbers. Forum users are 10% at best, though 2%-5% is probably closer.
The biggest hurdle for any digital store to entice new customers is the initial sign up. If the initial sign up is simple, the user will make the account. Once the user has an account, making a purchase is much easier.
Now think of a store that requires you to jump through a few hoops before making an account. How likely are you to complete the sign up process instead of saying that you'll just buy the item from the store that you already have an account?
I proposed no extra hurdle on creating an account and buying from the store, I proposed an extra hurdle on posting on the General Discussion forum.
low rated
DaCostaBR: I proposed no extra hurdle on creating an account and buying from the store, I proposed an extra hurdle on posting on the General Discussion forum.
To cut a bit in and some extra information ;)

All forums are handled the same way. So to implement your idea would mean a major work on the side of GOG, they would need to overhaul the complete forum to just implement this. They would need to extract the general forum (what about the other language forums by the way?) put them up in a different way and and and ;)

EDIT: not judging on your idea ;)
Post edited November 15, 2016 by Goodaltgamer
DaCostaBR: I proposed no extra hurdle on creating an account and buying from the store, I proposed an extra hurdle on posting on the General Discussion forum.
You actually propose a paywall to post in the General Discussion forum. Not an extra hurdle.
I wonder if one could find stats on how many users do not use the Steam forums due to the extra "Choose a nickname" step it has (or did they remove that?). That was a simple hurdle, yet it still discouraged people from posting their questions.
high rated
Gog should implement a system that gets easily triggered special snowflakes automatically redirected to a more appropriate outlet for them.
Post edited November 15, 2016 by fronzelneekburm
low rated
fronzelneekburm: Gog should implement a system that gets easily triggered special snowflakes automatically redirected to a more appropriate outlet for them.
Might be me, but could you describe a bit better what you mean?
fronzelneekburm: Gog should implement a system that gets easily triggered special snowflakes automatically redirected to a more appropriate outlet for them.
This post in conjunction with post 50 gave me a chuckle. Thank you :)
Well nothing is going to get accomplished until fronzelneekburm gets off the fence and tells us how he really feels.

This ambiguity bullshit won't get us anywhere.
Goodaltgamer: Hiding topics....shall be personal flavour only, IMHO and as you said there is jerkmuter for it.
I didn't follow the jerkmuter thread so I don't know how it evolved but at the start it was coded to hide a specific user, not a thread.

Practical example of my proposition:
People who don't want to see the infowars thread but accept rtcvb32 comments in other threads.
(Personnally, I just don't open topics I'm not interested in, simple is better ^o^)
low rated
catpower1980: I didn't follow the jerkmuter thread so I don't know how it evolved but at the start it was coded to hide a specific user, not a thread.

Practical example of my proposition:
People who don't want to see the infowars thread but accept rtcvb32 comments in other threads.
(Personnally, I just don't open topics I'm not interested in, simple is better ^o^)
My idea as well, I do like that GOG allows those extra-scripts, but themselves implementing it. *shudders*
Hmmm....I sometimes wonder how some people do read a newspaper or similar. They have unwanted information everywhere :P
As I said: Perceived reality ;)