It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Yo!
is there an option to buy a game at full price even while it is like -80% off? For a few months now I buy games on GOG only at full price as a token of gratitude for DRM-free games.
There are games I wanna get to try, but they are constantly so cheap, and I really can't do that.

I wonder if GOG could do anything about that.
Sale is over soon. Then you can get back to it.
kvachu: Yo!
is there an option to buy a game at full price even while it is like -80% off? For a few months now I buy games on GOG only at full price as a token of gratitude for DRM-free games.
There are games I wanna get to try, but they are constantly so cheap, and I really can't do that.

just buy a bunch of different games? spread the love around to different publishers.

Buy extra keys and gift them to family and personal friends maybe? If it's about rewarding GOG or the publishers with your money: just spend more some other way.

Why not just gift it to somebody?

TheNamelessOne_PL: Why not just gift it to somebody?
This is exactly what I wanted to write. There is community giveaway, so why not time to time donate extra copies there?
low rated
Thanks for your updates. I"m super excited and want to try it.
low rated
omg

why not just buy the stocks?
if you get enough you could even change here something
Post edited June 26, 2022 by Orkhepaj
kvachu: There are games I wanna get to try, but they are constantly so cheap, and I really can't do that.

Assuming this is not meant as a joke (and tbh: that's hard to believe)...simply wait until the sale is over?
low rated
kvachu: There are games I want get to try, but they are constantly so cheap, and I really can't do that.

BreOl72: Assuming this is not meant as a joke (and tbh: that's hard to believe)...simply wait until the sale is over?
That is what I do all the time. But there are cases when I want some game here and now and the game is -80%. I mean seriously, it's too much of a steal. I'm not super-rich, but I work in the UK and I can afford a game from time to time, and I really like what GOG is doing here, so I wanna buy games only at full price.

Doing giveaways is not much of a problem, but I'd rather give keys only to people who have a really hard financial situation, than to leeches. Since I can't tell who is a leech, and who is really poor, a giveaway is a bit a no-no.
Your only option is to wait till the sales end. In this case, tomorrow.
low rated
kvachu: mean seriously, it's too much of a steal.
No it's not. There is no such thing as a "steal" on GOG, nor on any other digital game store.

High discounts, like 80% or more, only ever come on old ancient games, and/or on games that have flopped terribly if they are newish games.

Discounts like that are a normal standard matter of course for video games. Videos games always drop in value as they get older.

So the "sale prices," even at high discounts like 80%, are the actual true real value of the games. No way they are actually really truly worth their alleged full MSRP many years after they have been released.

If those games were not discounted that highly, then almost nobody would ever buy them; therefore, it's not in the publishers'/devs'/GOG's interest to keep the prices high...which is the only reason why they don't.

That is to say, they aren't giving out high discounts in order to be "nice," or anything like that.

As for the the "free giveaways:" they are a marketing gimmick meant to promote & advertise the store giving away the games. They are not done out of the goodness of the store's heart because they have a great love for being charitable.

Although I do think GOG should not do giveaways, but for different reasons than what you are saying.

The real reason why GOG should not do giveaways is because they do not actually work at promoting/advertising GOG, nor bringing any new customers to GOG, nor bringing increased sales from old customers.

In other words, GOG's "free giveaways" do not have the intended promotional effects for GOG that are supposed to come with free giveaways, therefore it's not something that is worth doing for GOG.
Post edited June 26, 2022 by Ancient-Red-Dragon