It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Paratech2008: I'm glad I was warned this isn't single player gaming friendly. I hate wasting even $4 on a game I won't enjoy.
Mobeeuz: It really is a unique game, just more of a cult classic - so an acquired taste.
That isn't the reason I won't buy it. The reason I won't buy it is because it's too hard for single player.

A game that doesn't have online and it designed for online play to win, is a game I'll avoid.
seanwood7777: I can confirm that this works, tested with my laptop and desktop PC both connected to the same wireless router. Make sure to allow access with the firewall popup when you boot the game for the first time, and I think both computers have to have sv_lan 1. Not sure if it works entirely, the game could glitch out or whatever, but it indeed initially works. I'll post a video once I'm done recording/editing.

Also, make an autoexec.cfg in the cfg folder in the EYE folder with

sv_lan 1
maxplayers 8

so you don't have to type that every time you boot the game.
Cool! Thanks for taking the time to actually put it to the test!
I figured it would, but never got the time to find a second pc to install on.
Mobeeuz: It really is a unique game, just more of a cult classic - so an acquired taste.
Paratech2008: That isn't the reason I won't buy it. The reason I won't buy it is because it's too hard for single player.

A game that doesn't have online and it designed for online play to win, is a game I'll avoid.
Which, again, it's not. If you're that worried from one single bit o' gaming forum hyperbole, then maybe stay away. You'd find something to get caught up on.
Post edited November 14, 2021 by Morty_P
Morty_P: ...one single bit o' gaming forum hyperbole...
Not hyperbole, or singular:

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/eye-divine-cybermancy-review/1900-6327814/
https://www.ign.com/articles/2011/08/05/eye-divine-cybermancy-review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AScCVzENcjs
(Feel free to look for more, they all have a pretty universal opinion)

For new players, the game is frustrating and cryptic. Unless you enjoy excessively reading external material, wasting your time, or are just masochistic - you NEED a coop player(s) to help, carry, and/or explain things to you.
DustMan27: Yeah once again GOG destroyed another perfectly fine LAN compatible game for no reason.

Same thing happened with DOOM 3 BFG Edition, just because they wanted no "online" multiplayer they simply deactivated the multiplayer menu button, makin even LAN inaccessible. (Luckily it can be reactivated by tinkering with the cfg files)

I guess this situation is similar and hopefully players find a way around it.
GOG didn't do this, the EYE devs did.

Also, is has now been proven that LAN play is still possible, just "disabled" by the devs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ4799nHDtc
high rated
I took some time to edit the resource files to turn the hidden menu options back on.
The entries all still existed in the files, they just either got commented out, or had their visibility changed to hidden.

Here is a github link to get the files, It updates the Secondary Missions button to be create server, with the option to set the gametype to campaign or map selection.

https://github.com/jsuhoversnik/EYE-GoG-Lan-Fixes

To join a server you still need to use the console with 'connect <ip>' but this at least makes creating the lobby much nicer.
Games created with the UI have the maxplayers set to 32, so it also means you don't need to mess with that command.

If anyone gets a chance to try it out let me know if it works fine or if you run into any issues. I'll try to remember to keep checking in for updates.
Post edited November 16, 2021 by MadGrenadier
I've no idea how to fucking open the console. In the config file it says bind "`" "toggleconsole" but I've no idea which damn key that is on a QWERTZ keyboard. I tried to rebind that one but nothing seems to work. Developer console is enabled in the options.

EDIT: I have the latest translation fix (v1.4) and this new GOG Lan Fix installed.
Post edited January 28, 2022 by Berzerk2k2
Berzerk2k2: I've no idea how to fucking open the console. In the config file it says bind "`" "toggleconsole" but I've no idea which damn key that is on a QWERTZ keyboard. I tried to rebind that one but nothing seems to work. Developer console is enabled in the options.

EDIT: I have the latest translation fix (v1.4) and this new GOG Lan Fix installed.
For US QWERTY keyboards it's the same key as "~", I'm not familiar with QWERTZ and wikipedia makes it look like there are a handful of variants. That said, you can just change the key in the config file to whatever you want to use, and the game will accept that when you run it.

so something like this would bind the toggle to p
bind "p" "toggleconsole"
Here is a list of how to reference special keys if you would rather use one of those.

Sorry to not see the question for almost a year, I guess I don't get thread reply alerts on GoG... Hopefully you figured something out in the meantime.
LAN is a symbol of PC game ownership, stripping LAN from multiplayer games is the publisher trying to exert complete control over your life in every facet, if you can't play it through their servers, then you must not play it at all. This game should NOT, under ANY circumstances be on GOG.