It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Simple problem like the subject line says: I can't get the final battle to trigger in Shattered Lands. I see that some other people on this forum had a similar issue, but I don't see anywhere that they fixed it.

I have thought about maybe starting a new game and importing my main characters. I could run thru the main quest pretty quick if I just skip all the side stuff perhaps, and this would allow me to not lose my progress I made with my main guys.

Any help on how to fix this bug?
Can you describe the events before you triggered the final battle? I assume you obtained the genie and used the wishes?

One thing the hint book mentions is that the final battle can be triggered by starting a fight in Teaquetzl village, though you get no assistance from the genie by doing that so the fight is likely much harder than normal.
rmeakins: Can you describe the events before you triggered the final battle? I assume you obtained the genie and used the wishes?

One thing the hint book mentions is that the final battle can be triggered by starting a fight in Teaquetzl village, though you get no assistance from the genie by doing that so the fight is likely much harder than normal.
I went straight and retrieved the guy's body, then went and talked to him to put him to rest. I had his body in my inventory when first initiating conversation. He told me his story, then gave me the bottle. Talked to the genie, wished my three wishes with the third being 'help me fight'. He said my wishes were all consumed and then teleported me outside. It was rather empty and peaceful in the desert. I waited... nothing. I walked into Teaq, and the Halfling yelled at me to go get to it. I walked back outside and appeared once again inside the buried city.

I tried reloading it and only using the 'help me fight' wish. Same result. I reloaded and tried leaving the buried city without participating. "The army gathers outside, are you sure you want to leave?" Nothing.

I had an issue earlier in the game with a script not loading- the bandit exchange of the slave where you have to pretend to be "Dagger" then the other gang shows up. The second gang never showed up, and I had this silent guy following that did not do anything. I just left the zone and never saw him again. I wonder if having that not closed may have contributed to the final battle not spawning? Also, I don't know if it has any bearing on the situation, but I did not let Wyrmias escape early on. I killed him right out. I know he is supposed to show up for the final battle if he is still alive.
Can you post a save up just before this happens? I wonder if I can reproduce it or if it's possibly a system dependent issue. Also maybe there could be an unusual solution (like turning on/off walking animations or something)

If you rename the save file as an image (like SAVE01.jpg) then you can attach it to the gog forum.
Unfortunately I cannot. I am at sea currently and cannot access the internet via my personal computer, nor do I have a way to transfer files to this computer. That is an interesting tip, however, about posting as a jpg file. The next time I am in port I will try to do so. I just gotta figure out how to tear open the DOS boxer on my Mac to get to the file.
I ran a new party through to completion. Here is what I did to make it work:

1) Avoided the "pretend to be Dagger" quest in the Messenger sands region. I admit I saved and tried it several different times several different ways. It never triggered properly.

2) I let Wyrmias go in Gedron. This was tough and took several reloads to accomplish due to my warriors' multiple attacks automatically striking his new form.

3) I did not pick up the Genie bottle. Leaving it on the ground, I selected the "Use" option instead of the "Get" option. In my first playthrough I always selected "Get", and it automatically triggered the Genie script. This may have been the major bug causing my problems.
calfret: I just gotta figure out how to tear open the DOS boxer on my Mac to get to the file.
For future reference:
Q: Where can I find my Boxer (DOS) game's save files?
To access your saved games, go to Applications -> Terminal
In Terminal, paste, or type in, the following line and press Enter (Return):
open ~/"Library/Application Support/Boxer/Gamebox States"
Find your game's folder. The package containing your save files is located inside.
Post edited May 15, 2017 by Gydion
calfret: I ran a new party through to completion. Here is what I did to make it work:

1) Avoided the "pretend to be Dagger" quest in the Messenger sands region. I admit I saved and tried it several different times several different ways. It never triggered properly.

2) I let Wyrmias go in Gedron. This was tough and took several reloads to accomplish due to my warriors' multiple attacks automatically striking his new form.

3) I did not pick up the Genie bottle. Leaving it on the ground, I selected the "Use" option instead of the "Get" option. In my first playthrough I always selected "Get", and it automatically triggered the Genie script. This may have been the major bug causing my problems.
I'm confident that #2 was your problem. The same thing happened to me on one of my last playthroughs. You can kill him on the spot or let him go, but if he gets hit and leaves you're boned.

#1 and #3 have never caused the Final Battle to fail for me.

The other one that I'll repeat here is Laussa's quest (the ssurran south of Teaquetzl). Once you've convinced her to go and join the tribe to the west, she starts to leave. Naturally you'll want to teleport away, but if she doesn't get to leave the area completely she locks up the Final Battle. Let her walk off the screen and disappear completely, and you're good.
I have the exact same problem with very little variation of the original poster.
(I also had the "dagger" issue but after a few retries it worked out)

1. I did pick up the message scroll from the dead body in the "White Sands" area.
2. I did let Laussa walk all the way off screen.
3. I killed Wyrmias in Gedron after he changes.

I went straight and retrieved the guy's body, then went and talked to him to put him to rest. I had his body in my inventory when first initiating conversation. He told me his story, then gave me the bottle. Talked to the genie, wished my three wishes with the third being 'help me fight'. He said my wishes were all consumed and then teleported me outside. It was rather empty and peaceful in the desert. I waited... nothing. I walked into Teaq, and the Halfling yelled at me to go get to it. I walked back outside and appeared once again inside the buried city.

I tried reloading it and only using the 'help me fight' wish. Same result. I reloaded and tried leaving the buried city without participating. "The army gathers outside, are you sure you want to leave?" Nothing.
Same.

But I do have a lot save files, including one from before I come back to Teaq after winning the second village over and another after I got the genie.
I can send them.
(The jpg trick doesn't seem to work)

Can anyone please help me? :'(
rmeakins maybe?
rmeakins: Can you post a save up just before this happens? I wonder if I can reproduce it or if it's possibly a system dependent issue. Also maybe there could be an unusual solution (like turning on/off walking animations or something)

If you rename the save file as an image (like SAVE01.jpg) then you can attach it to the gog forum.
Sadly this doesn't seem to work. :(
Post edited November 15, 2019 by virtualanimal
rmeakins: Can you post a save up just before this happens? I wonder if I can reproduce it or if it's possibly a system dependent issue. Also maybe there could be an unusual solution (like turning on/off walking animations or something)

virtualanimal: Sadly this doesn't seem to work. :(
Yeah unfortuantely I think gog have fixed that. I can see why they needed to, but it is a bit of a shame as I've posted up fixed for game bugs before, which they themselves seem unwilling to make available through support channels (or are just too busy to playtest them).
I also got this bug. I tried some things that are recommended but nothing works. Any help is appreciated.
bangclashfan: I also got this bug. I tried some things that are recommended but nothing works. Any help is appreciated.
Virtualanimal and I ended up transferring a save file (right before entering the Secret Temple) and I managed to fix the issue with the endgame not triggering. I still don't know what the root cause was, but here are some of the things that I did which caused the endgame to trigger correctly after using genie wishes:
* Attacked and killed Laussa (something about her seems to mess up the ending)
* Ran around the entire map a bit and chatted with most of the key people (in Teaquetzl and other places)
* Read the scroll on the dead body when coming from the fields and dropped it in Teaquetzl
* Cleared out the treasure chests in Teaquetzl
bangclashfan: I also got this bug. I tried some things that are recommended but nothing works. Any help is appreciated.
rmeakins: Virtualanimal and I ended up transferring a save file (right before entering the Secret Temple) and I managed to fix the issue with the endgame not triggering. I still don't know what the root cause was, but here are some of the things that I did which caused the endgame to trigger correctly after using genie wishes:
* Ran around the entire map a bit and chatted with most of the key people (in Teaquetzl and other places)
* Read the scroll on the dead body when coming from the fields and dropped it in Teaquetzl
I tried many things and just gave up. I got alot of hours of enjoyment out of the game so I'm not too upset.
rmeakins: Virtualanimal and I ended up transferring a save file (right before entering the Secret Temple) and I managed to fix the issue with the endgame not triggering. I still don't know what the root cause was, but here are some of the things that I did which caused the endgame to trigger correctly after using genie wishes:
bangclashfan: I tried many things and just gave up. I got alot of hours of enjoyment out of the game so I'm not too upset.
I figured out a workaround!

https://www.gog.com/forum/dungeons_dragons_dark_sun_series/shattered_lands_trigger_the_final_battle