It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

if you are using bumblebee just edit /home/your user/GOG Games/Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition/game/runner.sh

#LD_LIBRARY_PATH="." ./EoCApp
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="." primusrun ./EoCApp

and should fix your problem
MikeMaximus: Thanks for the update! Glad to hear it's probably going to work on Mesa 12.
Er, no, if you actually read the freedesktop.org bug report, you'll see that it requires two patches to mesa which will likely never be incorporated upstream. I have a sort of workaround in the form of an LD_PRELOAD shim whose source code I've attached to the bug report (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=125302).

In summary, to run this game with Mesa 12 (on radeonsi, and maybe intel):
# required for radeonsi if llvm is less than 3.9:
export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.2 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=420
# run from game dir; assumes divos-hack.so is here
LD_PRELOAD=./divos-hack.so LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$PWD" ./EoCApp

Don't forget to set allow_glsl_extension_midshader in your .drirc as well (in driconf, that's "Allow GLSL #extension directives in the middle of shaders" under the Debugging tab). I just enabled it globally, or you can probably just enable it for EoCApp.
Post edited July 25, 2016 by darktjm
darktjm: snip.
I see. Sorry, no I didn't read it before and probably skimmed your post while half-asleep to begin with.

I'll mark your work-around as a solution, since ever seeing an official one seems unlikely. Can you edit your post and throw in a direct link to your source code for divos-hack.so? Then everything will be in one place without searching the thread for the bug report link.

Also I noticed the store page now indicates that the game is only supported on proprietary drivers. But I'm not sure if that was always there and I just missed it.
MikeMaximus: Also I noticed the store page now indicates that the game is only supported on proprietary drivers. But I'm not sure if that was always there and I just missed it.
No, that "Linux notice" is new, and not nearly obvious enough to prevent non-proprietary driver users from buying. I also don't see any obvious notice that the editor is WIndows-only, but I'm not really looking that hard.
Post edited October 14, 2018 by kennysti.622
Oh well, mesa 13, OpenGL 4.2 radeonsi (from oibaf), still not working. Will try the hacks when I can.
This game still does not work for me.
1) AMD RX 560 with AMDGPU drivers and MESA 17. By all accounts that should be more than sufficient to run it.

2) The allow_glsl_extension_directive_midshader=true is already set by default in /etc/drirc.

3) divos-hack.so compiled and placed in the 'game' directory.

4) runner.sh modified as such:
#!/bin/sh

HOME=${HOME}/.local/share

LD_PRELOAD="divos-hack.so"
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="." ./EoCApp

5) I tried, one by one, to replace the shipped libraries with system libraries where possible.
libGLEW
libopenal
libpcre
libSDL2

That's everything I could find to make this game work. The result is a crash:
$ ./start.sh
Running Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition
Language detected: English
ALSA lib pcm_params.c:2162:(snd1_pcm_hw_refine_slave) Slave PCM not usable
Thread "EoCApp" (3309684736)
received signal 11

Call stack:

(0) /usr/lib/libpthread.so.0 : +0x11940 [0x7f91c7cd9940]
(1) ./libOGLBinding.so : api::OpenGLRenderer::ApplyConstants()+0x65 [0x7f91c8c18845]
(2) ./libRenderFramework.so : rf::Renderer::Apply(bool)+0x57 [0x7f91c88be437]
(3) ./EoCApp : ig::IggyBinding::Swap(rf::Renderer*)+0xfc [0xed032c]
(4) ./libGameEngine.so : BaseApp::EndDrawGUI(rf::Renderer*)+0x9b [0x7f91c8a18fab]
(5) ./libGameEngine.so : BaseApp::MakeFrame()+0x3a4 [0x7f91c8a194d4]
(6) ./libGameEngine.so : BaseApp::OnIdle()+0xe0 [0x7f91c8a17cb0]
(7) ./EoCApp : main+0x170 [0x6d5180]
(8) /usr/lib/libc.so.6 : __libc_start_main+0xea [0x7f91c794343a]
(9) ./EoCApp : _start+0x29 [0x6d4ef9]
connect: No route to host
connect: Connection refused
./runner.sh: line 6: 13446 Segmentation fault (core dumped) LD_LIBRARY_PATH="." ./EoCApp

A note about the sound error: I believe it to be not critical since I hear a second of sound. Pulseuadio is not installed, just ALSA.

EDIT:
The above runner.sh is buggy, so it was an error on my part. This one works. It explicitely exports the ENV variables. You can just write it all on one line without the exports and it will work as well.

#!/bin/sh

export HOME=${HOME}/.local/share
export LD_PRELOAD="divos-hack.so"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="."
./EoCApp
Post edited June 15, 2017 by hollunder
Just a small addition here:
Compiling just worked for me with the options mentioned in the Steam support thread:
gcc -s -O3 -shared -fPIC -o shim.so -ldl sourcefile.c

System: arch, kernel 4.14, mesa 17.3, radeon R9 380x