It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

***some spoilers****
So after becoming the divine one and having to battle the various minions in the wasteland dungeon, how the $%#%#^ are you supposed to be able to kill Josephina as an archer? She casts blind on me, which is impossible to avoid (I even tried summoning helpers, but she ignores them and casts it on me anyway) and makes it impossible for me to hit her with my bow. There is always a 2-3 second gap between when it wears off and her re-casting, but even poisoning my bow and shooting everything I have at her I can't really damage her that quickly, and her Hell Spikes do MAJOR damage while I run around trying to let the blind wear off. I don't have any freezing weapons either... any great ideas?
I can turn her dreadknight summon into my helper with the aura of command spell, doesn't do me much good though as it barely does damage to her.
ilves: ***some spoilers****
So after becoming the divine one and having to battle the various minions in the wasteland dungeon, how the $%#%#^ are you supposed to be able to kill Josephina as an archer? She casts blind on me, which is impossible to avoid (I even tried summoning helpers, but she ignores them and casts it on me anyway) and makes it impossible for me to hit her with my bow. There is always a 2-3 second gap between when it wears off and her re-casting, but even poisoning my bow and shooting everything I have at her I can't really damage her that quickly, and her Hell Spikes do MAJOR damage while I run around trying to let the blind wear off. I don't have any freezing weapons either... any great ideas?
I can turn her dreadknight summon into my helper with the aura of command spell, doesn't do me much good though as it barely does damage to her.

I used Shadow potions (she can't hit what she can't see) and my Special Move which will cause damage without making you visible. I will try to find my previous post and add a link . . .=)
Edit: Look here for a description of my first encounter with Josephina some months ago. . . =)
Post edited March 08, 2010 by Stuff
ilves: ***some spoilers****
Stuff: I used Shadow potions (she can't hit what she can't see) and my Special Move which will cause damage without making you visible. I will try to find my previous post and add a link . . .=)
Edit: Look here for a description of my first encounter with Josephina some months ago. . . =)

Yea, unfortunately for a survivor, my special move makes me crouch, yaaay! It's not a huge difference, but that encounter is the earlier one that I managed to get through with some poison arrowage and summons as she doesn't blind you quite as aggressively in that one. the later fight feels twice as hard and I'm having zero luck with it
If you change to a sword or axe . . . will that allow you the special move for that weapon? Possibly the Lightning skill? Definitely use the shadow potions to keep her from blinding you.
Edit: I am a Survivor in my current game and I get the same crouch with the special move . . last time I was a Warrior . . . looks like I am going to have the same problem as you when I get to her again . . .=(
I believe if you are invisible . . . you can use your skills without becoming visible . . as long as you don't left click . . .I will have to test that theory since I haven't needed Shadow yet. Try invisible with your best magic skill and no left clicking.
Found this in a walkthru . . .
"Legomancer told me that the Elemental Strike skill is effective against Josephina despite her large resistances, and you can use it without ending the effects of a Shadow Potion or the Hide in Shadows/Fade from Sight skills. If you use this strategy be sure to bring a lot of Mana Potions, as Elemental Strike has the biggest magic cost in the game. (It can cost upwards of 50 Mana a pop!)"
Post edited March 08, 2010 by Stuff
Is your bow the only means you have of dealing non-elemental damage? I got past her with a spike-growth spell, personally.
I have A sword, but I don't do nearly as much damage with it as the bow. I do have spells but none really that are area of effect (AoE), mostly specific target stuff. I don't have Elemental Strike, I guess I could try to go and finish off all the other mini-bosses first and see if I can level in the meantime, just aggravating. The combination of abilities she has is extremely aggravating in that she can blind you and hit you hard with AoE spells when you can't see her enough to attack.
Post edited March 08, 2010 by ilves
I saved her for last . . . gaining experience points by defeating the others first. They are all tough but she is the most difficult to defeat. I used shadows potions / special move / freeze (lvl 5) last time but . . my character was a warrior. It will be interesting to try her with my new survivor character . . . =)
Edit: as a last resort, you could dupe enough restore potions to get thru the encounter.
Post edited March 09, 2010 by Stuff
Stuff: I saved her for last . . . gaining experience points by defeating the others first. They are all tough but she is the most difficult to defeat. I used shadows potions / special move / freeze (lvl 5) last time but . . my character was a warrior. It will be interesting to try her with my new survivor character . . . =)
Edit: as a last resort, you could dupe enough restore potions to get thru the encounter.

Yea I have like 30+ restore potions, that's not the problem, her hell spikes just do massive damage quickly that throughout the loooooooong encounter that it is, she managed to get you at some point. Level 5 freeze works on her? I have that at level 4 right now I think, maybe I'll try upgrading to see if that'll do the trick. With freeze/poison arrows she should be fairly simple
I believe that staying invisible is the key to avoiding the hell spikes since she cast fewer if she can't see you. I lured her friends out one at a time. I entered her "chamber" already invisible. . .=)
Moriendor uses the blind spell too IIRC . .
I had a great difficulty defeating her as well ;). For me the key was freezing weapon + shadow potions.If you don't have it, I would rather go and look for one instead of trying to kill her without it(i did so).
I'm stuck at Josephina too. She's one Hell of a badass! I've read that you can release death scorpions using the survivor's deadly gift and run back upstairs and it will decimate everyone. Unfortunately for my battle mage, I don't have that skill yet.
If anyone has any good ideas, I'm willing to listen. It seems like my attacks do literally no damage to her, even if I repeatedly cast my level 5 lightning skill (which has been pretty effective against every other boss encounter). In fact, I thought maybe she was designed to be unkillable until I looked up where the third ceremonial item was.
rossrjensen: ...

I have not played as a mage but Prator recommends the character. He might drop in and give you some detailed info on how he dealt with Josephina.
Have you mastered your "special" skill?
Edit: **Spoiler** You don't actually kill her at this point so concentrate on wearing her down . . . =)
Post edited July 16, 2010 by Stuff
Thanks for the link. I finally took her down just before reading it, but it has some useful information anyway. I basically just loaded all my weapons and armor up with charms and duped a bunch of super health potions. Eventually it did the trick. It just took a lot of patience and a couple deaths before finally finishing her off. Anyway, I'm absolutely loving this game!
I'm kind of curious what level everyone was when they encountered her. I was a level 34 - maybe others were a few levels higher by this point.
Post edited July 16, 2010 by rossrjensen
rossrjensen: ...

You're welcome. I really don't know what level I was at since I get so engrossed in the game I rarely pay much attention to levels etc. . . . =) I'm almost finished with my second game, haven't had time lately to play. The first game was exciting because of the discovery aspects, the second has been exciting for the completion of every quest and just knowing "how" to play.
Try dropping (in your inventory window) a Super Red potion on a Super Blue potion to get Super Restoration potions. I especially like those later in the game since they heal and restore mana with a single linked key stroke.
All characters can be played as a mage character with the same effectiveness. That is one of the the things I like about DD. Other than the starting stats having a small difference and the special weapon used by the different characters classes. . . you can build any type of character you want using any character class. I just like playing a combo character that relies on weapons and magic hence I have no idea what the best attack with pure magic would be for Josephina. Prator will probably drop in and leave some insight on beating the bosses with pure magic.
i can't remember good but i think i had a sword with a freeze effect on it...well you got my idea ^^
btw try polymorph on her...in that cave i polymorphed her and kicked her rabbit's ass lol (if i remember good)
Post edited August 14, 2010 by Nostik