It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Here are my issues.
Sound will chop and stutter
Frame-rate will lag when scrolling or on the opening scenes train
After being told I punched the strongman out the audio will bug out and the game will crash
Mouse will constantly freeze, stutter, and just stick all over the screen unless I move on absolute axis (straight up/down or straight left/right. No diagonals, not even a pixel.)

Please help? I plan to send a support ticket to gog staff as well if no one can help, I don't like asking for refunds when games won't work... I don't want this one to go the path of Raiden Legacy. :(

Notes: I have tried various compatibility modes to no success
I've noticed that the lower the resolution the better the framerate
I always run as admin
When attempting any wrapper workaround it crashes the game on launch, not even letting it start.

PC Specs
HD: 1TB HDD (not SSD) + 1TB External (plugged via USB 3.0)
CPU: Intel Core i5 CPU Quad-Core @ 3.10GHz
RAM: 4.0GB DDR3
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
This question / problem has been solved by DeMignonimage
TrueWOPR: ... GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Have you already updated your graphics card drivers to the latest version?
TrueWOPR: ... GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
DeMignon: Have you already updated your graphics card drivers to the latest version?
Yes.
DeMignon: Have you already updated your graphics card drivers to the latest version?
TrueWOPR: Yes.
Hmm, it's probably connected to your systems handling of the old DirectDraw library. Unfortunately the usual wrappers or Wine substitution doesn't work, I've tried several and they crash on my system as well. Neither does turning off DirectDraw hardware acceleration (via MS Application Compatibility Toolkit), it screws up all background images on my system. You could try old drivers for your nvidia card, there's a chance that DirectDraw support still works in earlier versions.

If you want to put more effort in solving this, you can also install a Virtual Machine, like VirtualBox or vmware, and then install Win XP and try running the game there. As the virtual machine puts a virtualization layer between your actual graphics card and the virtual machine, graphics driver conflicts might be circumvented.
Post edited July 19, 2014 by DeMignon
TrueWOPR: (snip)
Someone in the Steam forum suggested using Aqrit's DirectDraw wrapper and offers an download link. If the problem persists, it's worth a try.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/260730/discussions/0/648812304944235807/

Copy ddraw.dll and aqrit.cfg into the game's directory and open aqrit.cfg with any text editor.
Make sure DirectDraw Emulation is set to on:
ForceDirectDrawEmulation = 1

Here's Aqrit's original homepage, with a slightly different version.
http://bitpatch.com/ddwrapper.html

Later in the thread people state improving the problem by using dxwnd, a program intended for playing DirectX games in windowed mode.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/
Post edited August 30, 2014 by DeMignon
That worked! Thank you so much DeMignon now I could enjoy this awesome game!!!!
Kess1987: That worked! Thank you so much DeMignon now I could enjoy this awesome game!!!!
You're very welcome :-)
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

WOOOOOOOOOOOW

WOOOOW !!!

Just... wow.

The solution stated above solved all the nightmare I was having with this amazing game that was rendered unplayable. Action is smooth and now I can get a kick out of the game without losing the timing with lags. THANKS.
dgVoodoo made it work better, but the view cone still jerked the game up.

This wrapper worked smoother for me.
https://github.com/narzoul/DDrawCompat/releases
Nothing is working for me... the game is very jerky... the mouse jumps a the game is slow as hell... :(
It's really to bad that we have to do any if not all of these work-a-rounds in the first place! I've been wanting to buy this game for I don't know how many years now and thought well it's on sale for $1+ so let's give it a try. Will for this gamer as w/ others it's waaaaay too damn laggy no matter what I/we do in the options menu. Not to mention some of us game like myself are NOT computer wizies or the like i.e. download this file put it in this or that folder then edit this that and or whatever and.... well you get the picture! Oh well just a thought I'll be deleting yet another game, for now anyway. That said happy game all. Btw trying to run on a Lenovo W/10-64 laptop like that should really matter more or less.
Post edited August 13, 2017 by Johnthreesixteen