It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So this game is no longer on gog it looks like- is it coming back?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Indeed it has been removed from sale and it is extremely unlikely to return for many decades :-(
Themken: Indeed it has been removed from sale and it is extremely unlikely to return for many decades :-(
Why?
Themken: Indeed it has been removed from sale and it is extremely unlikely to return for many decades :-(
texasboy2084: Why?
The license to use the Riddick IP expired. It probably was not feasible to renew it as the income from sales of the Riddick games must have dwindled to not much more than pennies. Or maybe it was the music in the games or something; I already forgot the exact details.
Post edited March 04, 2018 by Themken
texasboy2084: Why?
Themken: The license to use the Riddick IP expired. It probably was not feasible to renew it as the income from sales of the Riddick games must have dwindled to not much more than pennies.
Thanks for the quick reply, didn't think it would happen as the last was july of last year lol.
texasboy2084: Thanks for the quick reply, didn't think it would happen as the last was july of last year lol.
I visit here almost daily and often twice a day.
texasboy2084: Thanks for the quick reply, didn't think it would happen as the last was july of last year lol.
Themken: I visit here almost daily and often twice a day.
cool, is there a mod community for this game you know of?
texasboy2084: cool, is there a mod community for this game you know of?
Sorry I have no data. I did not even get around to playing it yet.
but if you paid for a gog version you can still download it from them. I got it ages ago and tried to install it and voila it downloaded.

Shame I didn't do the same with XIII, but at least I got my physical copy ;)
Terrible shame that it's no longer for sale, so glad I bought it when it was. Just been playing it, and it is truly a masterpiece of the genre. The artistry and attention to detail, the smooth game design... I put these CoR games up there with Half Life and System Shock, among the all-time best.

What a cruel irony if licensing issues have taken it offline, I think these games get overlooked because they are licensed to a meh IP. I've not even seen the films to be fair, I saw Pitch Black when it came out and thought it was meh. However, these games are absolutely a different class of quality, it's rare to find games with this much thought and skill and effort put into the design, and having it all pay off and come together so well, into a coherent, atmospheric and absorbing adventure. In the first half hour of play I must have said 'this is SICK' about fifteen times. Just absolutely beautifully crafted games.
It's available as digital download on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0044DEQ7W
nianiania: t's available as digital download on Amazon
The price is pretty cheeky but at least there seems to be no DRM and it's for sure better to have one available option than none.