It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey guys :D Apologies if this is the wrong place to post, I couldn't find any subforums.

So, I got Kivan in my party right before the beginning of Chapter 2, and I like him and his dialogue so much that I've decided to use him instead of Minsc (even though he doesn't carry over into BG2 >_<). I've read around that his quest timer is rather strict - basically that if you don't complete Chapter 3 by offing Tazok in the bandit encampment North (East?) of Pelvdale fairly soon, that he leaves the party.

After defeating Bassilus, I got a dialogue from him pushing for me to find Tazok. I don't want him to permanently leave, but I'm nowhere near the bandit camp yet because I've been roaming around the countryside completing quests and gathering gold/items. I read somewhere that if you use the command CLUAConsole: SetGlobal("FindBandits","Global",2), you can set the global variable so that the game thinks you've completed the bandit camp quest, and that setting it back to =1 after finishing it would cause the diary entry to update and the quest to complete.

I don't want to break my game though. Does anyone know any workarounds to Kivan's quest timer, or if using that particular global command won't break the game?

Thank you ^_^
This question / problem has been solved by Hickoryimage
enjoyment: Hey guys :D Apologies if this is the wrong place to post, I couldn't find any subforums.

So, I got Kivan in my party right before the beginning of Chapter 2, and I like him and his dialogue so much that I've decided to use him instead of Minsc (even though he doesn't carry over into BG2 >_<). I've read around that his quest timer is rather strict - basically that if you don't complete Chapter 3 by offing Tazok in the bandit encampment North (East?) of Pelvdale fairly soon, that he leaves the party.

After defeating Bassilus, I got a dialogue from him pushing for me to find Tazok. I don't want him to permanently leave, but I'm nowhere near the bandit camp yet because I've been roaming around the countryside completing quests and gathering gold/items. I read somewhere that if you use the command CLUAConsole: SetGlobal("FindBandits","Global",2), you can set the global variable so that the game thinks you've completed the bandit camp quest, and that setting it back to =1 after finishing it would cause the diary entry to update and the quest to complete.

I don't want to break my game though. Does anyone know any workarounds to Kivan's quest timer, or if using that particular global command won't break the game?

Thank you ^_^
When Kivan reminds you the first time that you promised to find the bandits, two variables are set:
'Kivan' (a timer) is set to FIVE days
'FindBandits' (a variable) is set to 1, to denote that he has reminded you.

If, after FIVE days you still haven't been to the bandit camp, he will simply leave. You have three options:
1. Set 'FindBandits' to 0 (Kivan will continue to pester you, as though it's his first reminder)
2. Set 'FindBandits' to 2 (Kivan will think you've been to the camp)
3. Visit the bandit camp, either by offering to join up (Raiken or Teven, bandits not hostile), or simply walk in (bandits hostile). You don't have to complete the chapter (stay out of the main tent) if you don't want to. You can come back at any time to complete it.

Edit: You have a fourth option, provided Kivan is not unhappy being in the party: drop him off somewhere until you're done exploring. However, this will mean he doesn't get any experience the whole time.

Edit2: Note that setting the Kivan variables/timers will not break your game. They are specific to him, and the bandit camp journal entry gets updated upon entering chapter 4, after picking up the documents in Tazok's tent.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Hickory
Thanks! So if I'm understanding you correctly, I can actually just talk to Raiken/Teven, offer to join up, go into the bandit encampment and then leave, and that in itself would prevent Kivan from leaving (even if I don't go back for a long time)?

Also, I read somewhere that Kivan isn't thrilled if you offer to join them, and/or that they would recognize you if he's in your party and turn hostile.

I'm a bit stingy about using the console for almost any reason because somehow it feels like I've tainted the game and removed any challenge, progression or reality to it. :)
Post edited August 28, 2014 by enjoyment
enjoyment: Thanks! So if I'm understanding you correctly, I can actually just talk to Raiken/Teven, offer to join up, go into the bandit encampment and then leave, and that in itself would prevent Kivan from leaving (even if I don't go back for a long time)?

Also, I read somewhere that Kivan isn't thrilled if you offer to join them, and/or that they would recognize you if he's in your party and turn hostile.

I'm a bit stingy about using the console for almost any reason because somehow it feels like I've tainted the game and removed any challenge, progression or reality to it. :)
Yes, once you enter the bandit camp a variable is set, and that prevents Kivan from pestering you any longer or leaving. There is nothing in any of the dialogs that would suggest Kivan reacts to joining the bandits. You may be talking about third party mod content there.
Hm, Raiken and Teven aren't even spawning. I guess you have to actually complete the story (Nashkel mines, Mullahey, etc.) up until that point for them to even appear?

Guess I'll end up using the console, unless they somehow spawn. >_>
enjoyment: Hm, Raiken and Teven aren't even spawning. I guess you have to actually complete the story (Nashkel mines, Mullahey, etc.) up until that point for them to even appear?

Guess I'll end up using the console, unless they somehow spawn. >_>
They will not spawn until chapter 3, that is the trigger. You could always just walk into the bandit camp, if you're confident in dealing with tons of bandit archers. It's a nice money earner with all the scalps. :)
Hehe. I would do that except that I might miss out on the dialogue/story/intrigue of taking the time to infiltrate and talk to them. I could probably take them, but... eh, story is more important at this point. More gold is always nice though, I just used about 15,000 for a suit of full plate mail, Taerom's Ankheg armor and an amulet of protection, leaving me utterly broke.

It seems like the speech I got from Kivan was actually a variable of "Bassillus=1", not the findbandits=1.

I am in chapter 3, but strangely Raiken is not there. Maybe you have to get to a certain point in chapter 3 before he appears?
enjoyment: It seems like the speech I got from Kivan was actually a variable of "Bassillus=1", not the findbandits=1.

I am in chapter 3, but strangely Raiken is not there. Maybe you have to get to a certain point in chapter 3 before he appears?
What mods are you using? I just searched all of the dialogs and scripts, and there is NO SetGlobal("Bassilus" entries anywhere.

Again, what mods are you using, because Raiken and Teven are spawned by the area scripts, and the trigger for them to spawn is Chapter=3. If you are using TuTu, that mod incorrectly changes the chapter numbers (Prologue becomes 1, 1 becomes 2, 2 becomes 3, etc.)
I think I figured it out: My journal states that I've started chapter 3 and I have a bunch of quests with the chapter 3 header, but I read that chapter 3 officially starts after the Nashkel mines? If it does, I'm not there yet :P

edit: oops, it's actually called BASSILUSDEAD=2, it's an entry in the "global variables" section of Kivan's character when I view it with ShadowKeeper.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by enjoyment
enjoyment: I think I figured it out: My journal states that I've started chapter 3 and I have a bunch of quests with the chapter 3 header, but I read that chapter 3 officially starts after the Nashkel mines? If it does, I'm not there yet :P

edit: oops, it's actually called BASSILUSDEAD=2, it's an entry in the "global variables" section of Kivan's character when I view it with ShadowKeeper.
Chapter 3 starts when you pick up the documents in Mulahey's chest, at the end of Nashkel mines. However, if you are not there yet, then you MUST be playing TuTu, since in that mod chapter 3 starts from when you enter Nashkel, which would be chapter 2 officially. As I said earlier, TuTu erroneously changes the chapter numbers.

The BassilusDead variable is there for the mayor of Beregost, Kelddath Ormlyr at the Song of the Morning temple, and for the town crier in Beregost. If you have the holy symbol and Bassilus is dead, Ormlyr will give you your reward and set the variable to 2 so that you cannot claim the reward a second time.