It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I was probably too little into the game to know. DELETE this thread :)
Post edited January 03, 2021 by EchoOfMidgar
Personally i think its either a rpg or a adventure game like you said depending on how you build your main character. If you build it as a support character, you can fully enjoy much of the game has to offer, crafting, a big party of adventurers ,etc. You won't yourself become a big powerhouse hack and slash god.

If you build your character as a full warrior, or mage, etc where you can clear out dungeons solo, won't have much party members, etc then its more an adventure hack and slash do it all yourself game. You can't have both. Personally if you do it all yourself you max level half way through the game and the game is boring. Isn't the way to go, but it's the easy way.

Going full technical support/charisma character is much more fun, stretches the game out, and lets you enjoy many things you won't normally encounter. Going a mage support character is good also but even as a mage your magic makes you way to powerful even as a support character, but you really should pick 1 of those 2 options to fully have fun in the game and not make it super easy where you can yawn and clear out entire dungeons solo without blinking.

full tech support leader character, or if not that, a mage support leader character. Leave the full offensive warrior or mage builds behind, they are way to easy, way to fast leveling, way to boring.
eolsunder: Personally i think its either a rpg or a adventure game like you said depending on how you build your main character. If you build it as a support character, you can fully enjoy much of the game has to offer, crafting, a big party of adventurers ,etc. You won't yourself become a big powerhouse hack and slash god.

If you build your character as a full warrior, or mage, etc where you can clear out dungeons solo, won't have much party members, etc then its more an adventure hack and slash do it all yourself game. You can't have both. Personally if you do it all yourself you max level half way through the game and the game is boring. Isn't the way to go, but it's the easy way.

Going full technical support/charisma character is much more fun, stretches the game out, and lets you enjoy many things you won't normally encounter. Going a mage support character is good also but even as a mage your magic makes you way to powerful even as a support character, but you really should pick 1 of those 2 options to fully have fun in the game and not make it super easy where you can yawn and clear out entire dungeons solo without blinking.

full tech support leader character, or if not that, a mage support leader character. Leave the full offensive warrior or mage builds behind, they are way to easy, way to fast leveling, way to boring.
Wow I have never been thinking about this game this way! :O So it is a true RPG then as you can play many many different "roles" and not just a magician or a technician.

For my first playthrought I chose to be a 100% technician as crafting via schematics impressed me! I love the game absolutely so far :) It just made me wonder if the RPG elements here were too open ended for its own good. :)
Post edited January 09, 2021 by EchoOfMidgar
no there were fine, they just messed up the experience system where they benefited you with more experience as a full offensive solo character instead of doing it the right way as many other games do. The game is really best enjoyed as a support character where the bonus experience you would get playing solo won't over level you, won't make you into a non-killable powerhouse.

Sure it's easy to be a full mage and laugh at any opponents in the game, or a full warrior who only has to drink a haste potion and run through a dungeon yawning at anything in there. Taking advantage of all the fun crafting, characters, etc makes a much better and enjoyable game.
For any new players, this game looks like a simple diablo clone on the outside but it's actually an RPG of incredible depth.

Yes there are lots of different character builds (tech melee, magic melee, gunslinger, explosives, robot maker, spellcaster, pure diplomacy, idiot savant, and so on).

There are two different main story lines, one for good aligned characters and one for evil (it diverges at a point in the game).

But more importantly, much of the game will react to what kind of character you made. Even being female changes certain interactions, for example preventing you from entering a gentlemen's club for a certain quest. NPCs that hate orcs will be racist against orc characters, and likewise with elves, dwarves, etc. Dwarves are more likely to react favorably towards you if you're a dwarf yourself, making recruiting certain characters much easier, and allowing special benefits from dwarf artifacts.

And in the end, the epilogue tells you what happened to certain people and places because of the choices you made.
Post edited January 13, 2021 by ewmarch