It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just downloaded 1.0.13 of Alder's blood prologue.

I move my guy one step and he freezes in place doing the run animation. Tthe escape menu is still accessible, but nothing seems to get him out of this spot. I've restarted the game and restarted my PC and the problem persists. No matter what direction I send him in, he moves a single space then freezes doing the run animation. I don't see a message or anything to click.

Can anyone help me out of this?

Edit: I can also click what seems to be the "end turn" button and get a sound effect, but nothing changes.
Post edited April 10, 2020 by MischiefMaker
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Okay, this is definitely a bug and it's Galaxy-related.

I re-installed the game using a temporary install of GOG galaxy and the freezing issue went away. Then I uninstalled Galaxy and tried running the same installation of the game and the freeze came back.

Fix this please! Not all of us want to play our DRM-free games using Steam-lite.
Same issue here even with Galaxy... maybe its something else but first step and it freezes as the guy is running on the spot and nothing works. Restarted the mission a couple times each time the same thing.
MischiefMaker: I just downloaded 1.0.13 of Alder's blood prologue.
I move my guy one step and he freezes in place doing the run animation. ...
Exactly the same problem here, using the setup_alders_blood_prologue_1.0.13_(64bit)_(36974).exe
Running Win 8.1(64).

Didn't try Galaxy, as I don't need another downloader/advertising display.
Same issue here.
Really hope this can be fixed!
MischiefMaker:
I *didn't* have this issue - I don't use Galaxy I download the installers.

HOWEVER I did download version 1.0.12 ...

... so maybe this is a bug introduced in the .13 version - like I said I don't use Galaxy but is there a "rollback" feature in Galaxy? Maybe you can try to roll back to the previous version and give it a shot.
Update: Installed via STEAM - ver 1.0.20 That version works on my system!

Game sucks, though, but more about that in another thread.