It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey,

I have even read that the new Addon "Eternal Lord" give the main game linux support.
-> http://games4linux.de/age-of-wonders-iii-eternal-lords-erscheint-puenktlich-am-14-4-2015/

Do we get the linuxport?
I really hope we will. I'm waiting for the Linux port to play it.
The price for Age of Wonders III Deluxe is the same as in Steam, and there you can get the Linux version. Is it available in GOG or should I buy it on Steam?
I hate it when I have to choose between Steam + Linux and GOG + Windows.
As well as Linux they have added Mac support to the Steam game. I would much rather purchase games to run on my Mac from GOG than steam. What's the story regarding releasing the game for other systems?
I hope they haven't made the port available, because they want to make all games in the serie ported. :) naive and dreaming
GOG, i really expect that you release the linux port of aow3 asap, since you sadly denied to release the linux port for Expeditions: Conquistadors (refering to the written support mail from february 16th).
Would be very good, if the version for Linux would be within the catalogue. And there are more versions for Linux to be added.
so... where's the linux version? i bought it because it was announced and released on steam...
entux: so... where's the linux version? i bought it because it was announced and released on steam...
[url=]http://ageofwonders.com/age-of-wonders-iii-free-update-v1-5-is-live/?paged=2[/url]
Triumph won't be supporting Linux/Mac versions for GoG, I tried to generate some noise, but no replies from them.
Also GoG are not stepping in to let us know what actions they're taking (if any) to expedite the availability of those versions.
I'm losing faith in Triumph's and GoG's ability/willingness to support their customers
entux: so... where's the linux version? i bought it because it was announced and released on steam...
antropy: [url=]http://ageofwonders.com/age-of-wonders-iii-free-update-v1-5-is-live/?paged=2[/url]
Triumph won't be supporting Linux/Mac versions for GoG, I tried to generate some noise, but no replies from them.
Also GoG are not stepping in to let us know what actions they're taking (if any) to expedite the availability of those versions.
I'm losing faith in Triumph's and GoG's ability/willingness to support their customers
Thank you for the information. I wanted to buy it with discount but will wait for now.
antropy: [url=]http://ageofwonders.com/age-of-wonders-iii-free-update-v1-5-is-live/?paged=2[/url]
I hope they will port it. I have bought it now, but I have not registred your postbefore. DAMN! Please GOG, help us.
"We’re sorry, but GoG currently just carries the Windows version.
When Galaxy hits this might change.
The issue is managing all the builds with updates in a DRM free environment."

A puny excuse from Triumph! Another company shows the disrespect about DRM-free releases at all. I don't think this is about complications using the different builds. It is only about exception giving up the control of the software. Even Runic has given a DRM-free version of Torchlight 2 within the last "Humble Indie Bundle 14"! No money from me for this until they're changing something. But to summarize: I don't think there will be a release within the near future. Triumph is just heading on with Steam and when there are not so much possibilities perhabs they are trying here. Not waiting for this then and I won't buy crappy DRM-software, wether on Windows nor Linux.
Post edited April 18, 2015 by throgh
I have got the same answer via email as you. Everybody have to send an email now. Or how should we present our disagreement? I have even done it.

Hi,

At first:
Thank you for your block-ready-answer. This look very customer friendly.
I am very sad that you don't give your customers the linux port on gog. We have paid the same price as the people who bought your game on steam. Is that fair? Is it my fault that I want a drm-free version? Now I am a gamer of second class, or what do you think?
Is it too much work for you? So why don't you have a drm version? Why don't you only work on a drm-free version? That makes less work, too. Or not?
Sorry, but if you go this way now, I will buy no other game from your house now, because it is not fair. Or is it? Do you only see money? I do not believe that you will answer my question, but it is my need to explain my situation and the situation of all the other people who bought your product.

Greetings from Germany
Post edited April 20, 2015 by Patsche85
I have get an answer from Triumph Studios. Here it is:

Unfortunately, the costs of making a Linux build available DRM free is much higher than doing this via Steam. This is because we do not have the Steam Linux SDK to rely on, which contains standardized system DLLs. Without these we are have a massive job in additional code, licensing, quality assurance and support.

Then there is the added cost of maintaining and distributing the frequently updated DRM free builds along with the expansions.

So it's actually because we value all customers equally, we can't incur a disproportionate cost to make this gift to relatively small group of users.

Sincerely,
xxx
Are the costs really higher for a drm-free version? I have no knowledge about that. Can anybody explain it? Will Gog Galaxy have those SDK for Publishers later, so it will be easier to package a new port or update?