It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey, I played and finished UAKM and it was such a fantastic experience. I immediatelly bought and started Pandora Directive but there is a small problem - the sound seems to be of a less quality than in UAKM. It's a bit jerky and jittery and rustle-y, sometimes more, sometimes less.

I've been playing with the sound setup a bit, changing different settings, but no big change. I mean it's not a huge problem, I can live with it and maybe it's not an error but a feature. It just seems strange though that a sequel would be technically worse than the older game.
Aalda11: Hey, I played and finished UAKM and it was such a fantastic experience. I immediatelly bought and started Pandora Directive but there is a small problem - the sound seems to be of a less quality than in UAKM. It's a bit jerky and jittery and rustle-y, sometimes more, sometimes less.

I've been playing with the sound setup a bit, changing different settings, but no big change. I mean it's not a huge problem, I can live with it and maybe it's not an error but a feature. It just seems strange though that a sequel would be technically worse than the older game.
you can get this squeaking sound during the audio it can be adjusted in the dos box settings
dosboxtex4 file in gog /pandora directory

[mixer]
# nosound -- Enable silent mode, sound is still emulated though.
# rate -- Mixer sample rate, setting any devices higher than this will
# probably lower their sound quality.
# blocksize -- Mixer block size, larger blocks might help sound stuttering
# but sound will also be more lagged.
# prebuffer -- How many milliseconds of data to keep on top of the blocksize.

nosound=false
rate=22050
blocksize=2048
prebuffer=240 *****change to 240*****