It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Laserschwert: I think the main problem with my files is that they don't loop. A lot of the tracks are supposed to be looped in the game, but for the sake of creating something like a "soundtrack album", I added appropriate endings for those tracks.

Just to clear things up, the reorchestrated files from the "TIE Fighter Reconstructed" project were created by Daniel ‘Yitzchak’ Bennett and are different from mine.
another salient point. I'll cross this bridge if I get to it :) IF i can figure out the audio format, then i can edit your files to be more "loop friendly" [just like the time i made that 72-minute version of Daft Punk's "Around the World" as a christmas present for my brother-in-law], or we could beg you to go back into Reaper and edit them BACK into loopable format, because EVERYBODY loves re/un-doing their creative work, right? :) But I'll start by just trying to get the file format figured out before we even worry about how to best handle looping.
Yeah, I think it should be possible to just edit them into a loop. :P

Edit: Oh, a sticky... I feel honored :)
Post edited October 28, 2014 by Laserschwert
Laserschwert: Yeah, I think it should be possible to just edit them into a loop. :P
Although it WOULD be the perfect opportunity to go back in an add a dope-ass BASS DROP to the Imperial March, amirite? :)
I would love to have a version of the reorchestrated introduction that has the voices and sound effects. I enjoy listening to the introduction that has them, because it is very atmospheric.
Am not a man/woman - when it comes to words..

Guess that's why I fly TIE's...

BUT! Thank you:-D
I can now die flying with what you did;-)

Peace and order!..

Throuh%&#) glaxy¤%(¤&) TURN RIGHT")&¤!"=¤!()= ......(static)
Laserschwert: Yeah, I think it should be possible to just edit them into a loop. :P
kristenmaxwell: Although it WOULD be the perfect opportunity to go back in an add a dope-ass BASS DROP to the Imperial March, amirite? :)
I'd rather go with the Imperial Rage mix from "Force Commander" ;-)
"1..2..3..4"
***** EDIT *****
Ok so it turns out that the game doesn't need the files to be 88kbps, as I'd originally thought, so instead I made them 1411kbps, so the file is now 16bit 44100 quality.

So I couldn't stand not hearing the proper concourse music on the 1998 version and I converted it to the 88kbps wav format that the game uses. It's not the best quality obviously but still preferable, you can also replace BATTLE.WAV if you want the battle menu to have that music too.

Don't forget to backup the originals just in case, and thank you again Laserschwert for the awesome remade soundtrack!

www.myriad3d.co.uk/download.php?file=CONCOURSE.WAV
Post edited October 28, 2014 by Xaero
I don't mean to diminish your enjoyment of those reworked tracks, but I gotta say - those synth orchestra packs make it sound an awful lot like Wing Commander 3 and 4 (stylistically, the arrangements are totally different of course). ;)
Technically it's not a "synth orchestra" but "orchestra samples" - recordings of real instruments. But yeah, I would have preferred using a real orchestra as well... if I didn't have to eat for the next 10 years.
Laserschwert: I guess it's only fitting to put this in here: https://soundcloud.com/laserschwert/sets/tie

I like the original MIDI-version just as much, but always wanted an "orchestral" version, so I made one myself.

tfmp3.zip (MP3)
tfflac.zip (FLAC)
Wow thanks!! Great work, sounds great!
Laserschwert: Technically it's not a "synth orchestra" but "orchestra samples" - recordings of real instruments. But yeah, I would have preferred using a real orchestra as well... if I didn't have to eat for the next 10 years.
No harm intended, I don't mind it sounding the way it does, was merely an observation that Origin basically scored those games the same way ;)
PatTheMav: No harm intended, I don't mind it sounding the way it does, was merely an observation that Origin basically scored those games the same way ;)
None taken ;)

Also, the latter is about to be rectified: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1373816047/wing-commander-music-orchestral-recording-project
Anyone have any advice for a good soundfont to get the midis to sound like this when I play the 94 version? I have a very decent Roland SC-55 soundfont that I love for Wing Commander games and others, but it practically ruined the music from TIE Fighter. The mix isn't right at all. Any recommedations for soundfonts that sound good with TIE Fighter anyone?
vulchor: Anyone have any advice for a good soundfont to get the midis to sound like this when I play the 94 version? I have a very decent Roland SC-55 soundfont that I love for Wing Commander games and others, but it practically ruined the music from TIE Fighter. The mix isn't right at all. Any recommedations for soundfonts that sound good with TIE Fighter anyone?
wont get any better than with gravis ultrasound if you ask me

fully updated ultrasnd-folder http://www.mediafire.com/?9gz1tm02zob

patch for some looping instruments http://www.vogons.org/download/file.php?id=6106

credits to Huggybab & Tsyu @ vogons http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16974