It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bleedleaf: riiiight, I should've posted in "no mac patch" my bad... I'm being completely oblivious to the fact that its not obvious to eveyone I'm not running windows. Sorry.

edit: eveyone... again, really? I keep making that typo
Oh oops, I should have thought of that too. They've seemed slow(er) with the Mac & Linux updates. :(
I found the error. The patch is strictly from Version 3.0.3 to 3.0.5. Since I already had patch 3.0.4 installed, the patch recognized certain files as having the wrong version and stopped the process. I had to reinstall the game (downgrade to 3.0.3) and then apply the patch @.@
Playing 3.0.5 (Linux) since yesterday and thus for the first time SRR-HK. Hard Landing, the name fits. Very nice, I was instantly caught by the atmosphere.
A hint for Linux users since I ran into an installation issue: If you mounted your /tmp as tmpfs make sure it is mounted with "exec" during installation, otherwise you'll get a permission error.
Big thanks to GOG for getting 3.0.5 to us so quickly... I can live with a couple of days difference from Steam, its when it takes a week or more that I get annoyed. Also, it's worth noting that as much as I'd like to try 3.0.6, it is a BETA patch amd Steam is able to accomodate that concept for testing.

MadnerKami: I found the error. The patch is strictly from Version 3.0.3 to 3.0.5. Since I already had patch 3.0.4 installed, the patch recognized certain files as having the wrong version and stopped the process. I had to reinstall the game (downgrade to 3.0.3) and then apply the patch @.@
I had this problem too... very annoying to have to uninstall and reinstall, since the game is huge (and I had to copy out and back all my mods, too). At least the patcher finally worked (after reinstalling, and now I'm hopefully at 3.0.5!
Post edited September 01, 2015 by Banjo_oz
(sorry, double post)
Post edited September 01, 2015 by Banjo_oz
Banjo_oz: Big thanks to GOG for getting 3.0.5 to us so quickly... I can live with a couple of days difference from Steam, its when it takes a week or more that I get annoyed. Also, it's worth noting that as much as I'd like to try 3.0.6, it is a BETA patch amd Steam is able to accomodate that concept for testing.

MadnerKami: I found the error. The patch is strictly from Version 3.0.3 to 3.0.5. Since I already had patch 3.0.4 installed, the patch recognized certain files as having the wrong version and stopped the process. I had to reinstall the game (downgrade to 3.0.3) and then apply the patch @.@
Banjo_oz: I had this problem too... very annoying to have to uninstall and reinstall, since the game is huge (and I had to copy out and back all my mods, too). At least the patcher finally worked (after reinstalling, and now I'm hopefully at 3.0.5!
You can see your game version in the game :) Just open the menu by using the big power button in the upper left corner of the game and there's your version number :)
Banjo_oz: Big thanks to GOG for getting 3.0.5 to us so quickly... I can live with a couple of days difference from Steam, its when it takes a week or more that I get annoyed. Also, it's worth noting that as much as I'd like to try 3.0.6, it is a BETA patch amd Steam is able to accomodate that concept for testing.

I had this problem too... very annoying to have to uninstall and reinstall, since the game is huge (and I had to copy out and back all my mods, too). At least the patcher finally worked (after reinstalling, and now I'm hopefully at 3.0.5!
JudasIscariot: You can see your game version in the game :) Just open the menu by using the big power button in the upper left corner of the game and there's your version number :)
Um, yeah. It's even listed in the download with the according info, which lead me to the solution in the end. Problem is just, that I simply do not expect a patch to exclusively work with the base version of a game, when a different patch just came out about two weeks earlier. Given the bugged state of the vanilla game, I'd expect a new patch to be able to work with the previous patch instead of necessitating the vanilla version that nobody in his right mind would play.
JudasIscariot: You can see your game version in the game :) Just open the menu by using the big power button in the upper left corner of the game and there's your version number :)
MadnerKami: Um, yeah. It's even listed in the download with the according info, which lead me to the solution in the end. Problem is just, that I simply do not expect a patch to exclusively work with the base version of a game, when a different patch just came out about two weeks earlier. Given the bugged state of the vanilla game, I'd expect a new patch to be able to work with the previous patch instead of necessitating the vanilla version that nobody in his right mind would play.
I have to agree with this.

While the end result wasn't a MASSIVE hassle for me (reinstalling the vanilla, then applying the latest patch), the only reason this patch fails is because the GOG patching team actually went overboard with the checks it does.

Once the game directory has been chosen, all the patch should do is copy the new files. If there are already files with the same filename, then it should just overwrite.

Unfortunately for each file to replace, it checks the original, and if this doesn't match up to the original, then it won't copy the new file!! Which is way too much hand-holding safety crap - if I've told the installer my SRHK is in that directory, then I expect it to overwrite everything as if that's the case. If I've stuffed up then too bad - that's my fault - but the damn installer shouldn't decide not to copy a new file because the old file doesn't match the exact version it's thinking of!

TL;DR: Adding this extra safety "feature" to the patch file is unnecessary, serves only to annoy as opposed to protect, and no doubt took time to implement. So GOG took longer to make a patch more annoying in other words.

Suggestion: In future, don't bother with all of that "safety" crap. Just get the patch to copy the new files into the given location and be done with it - that should be simple and fast to do, it ensures better patch compatibility, and could mean the patch gets released sooner.
Post edited September 06, 2015 by squid830
MadnerKami: Um, yeah. It's even listed in the download with the according info, which lead me to the solution in the end. Problem is just, that I simply do not expect a patch to exclusively work with the base version of a game, when a different patch just came out about two weeks earlier. Given the bugged state of the vanilla game, I'd expect a new patch to be able to work with the previous patch instead of necessitating the vanilla version that nobody in his right mind would play.
squid830: I have to agree with this.

While the end result wasn't a MASSIVE hassle for me (reinstalling the vanilla, then applying the latest patch), the only reason this patch fails is because the GOG patching team actually went overboard with the checks it does.

Once the game directory has been chosen, all the patch should do is copy the new files. If there are already files with the same filename, then it should just overwrite.

Unfortunately for each file to replace, it checks the original, and if this doesn't match up to the original, then it won't copy the new file!! Which is way too much hand-holding safety crap - if I've told the installer my SRHK is in that directory, then I expect it to overwrite everything as if that's the case. If I've stuffed up then too bad - that's my fault - but the damn installer shouldn't decide not to copy a new file because the old file doesn't match the exact version it's thinking of!

TL;DR: Adding this extra safety "feature" to the patch file is unnecessary, serves only to annoy as opposed to protect, and no doubt took time to implement. So GOG took longer to make a patch more annoying in other words.

Suggestion: In future, don't bother with all of that "safety" crap. Just get the patch to copy the new files into the given location and be done with it - that should be simple and fast to do, it ensures better patch compatibility, and could mean the patch gets released sooner.
I agree with this, especially if it slows things down for a game where patches are being released rapidly after release.

I'd be happy with a zip file of the new files to manually copy-paste in and overwrite myself! (only half joking)

I believe Steam is on 3.0.6 (non-beta) now, which seems like a fairly major patch (adds a lot of tutorial stuff for new players confused by the engine changes and questionable matrix redesign). I don't expect GOG (since the staff create the patches manually) to work over the weekend, but I'm hoping we get this before the week is out, at least!
Post edited September 08, 2015 by Banjo_oz
Steam is on 3.06 since 2 september...So ...
Banjo_oz: I'd be happy with a zip file of the new files to manually copy-paste in and overwrite myself! (only half joking)
I would actually be happy with this, and I'm not even half joking!
wolfsrain: Steam is on 3.06 since 2 september...So ...
Yup, please, update the game, Dear GOG...
Excellent, 3.0.6 seems like a good spot to install and start playing.
Hope it comes in the next couple of days.
Jarmo: Excellent, 3.0.6 seems like a good spot to install and start playing.
Hope it comes in the next couple of days.
What does it change? I guess I'll try and find patch notes somewhere.
8 days... Please update... -_-