It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

haydenaurion: Okay, so i've decided i'm going to giveaway the code for Revenant. I've heard of people using random.org for giveaways, is that what you guys would recommend?
Much thanks. :)
Yea, we usually basically make a list of the eligible entrants and use random.org to pick one. Of course you can do something more creative also like puzzles or stuff that need to be judged (writing, drawing etc.).
haydenaurion: Revenant?
JudasIscariot: Very nice :D

I tried ti make it somewhat difficult yet a bit obscure for our resident "IT'S NOT DIFFICULT ENOUGH!!!" folks :P (you know who you are :P )

Congratulations :) Your code shall arrive shortly.
Congrats to Pete Gabriel and all but IS this the thing that was hinted in that interview at the show with the DRM free beer or is that still to come
And who WAS that guy anyway - was that YOU Judas?

*edit* great release though - don't want to sound like I don't think it is, right after Albion too - amazing!
Post edited August 18, 2015 by Fever_Discordia
haydenaurion: Okay, so i've decided i'm going to giveaway the code for Revenant. I've heard of people using random.org for giveaways, is that what you guys would recommend?
Much thanks. :)
blotunga: Yea, we usually basically make a list of the eligible entrants and use random.org to pick one. Of course you can do something more creative also like puzzles or stuff that need to be judged (writing, drawing etc.).
I'll just do random.org, i'm too lazy to bother with puzzles, etc. :P

Here it is, hope the Rep requirements aren't too high: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/revenant_giveaway
Post edited August 18, 2015 by haydenaurion
haydenaurion: I'll just do random.org, i'm too lazy to bother with puzzles, etc. :P

Here it is, hope the Rep requirements aren't too high: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/revenant_giveaway
Since it's a new game, they probably aren't :).
haydenaurion: I'll just do random.org, i'm too lazy to bother with puzzles, etc. :P

blotunga: Since it's a new game, they probably aren't :).
Excellent.
JudasIscariot: Very nice :D

I tried ti make it somewhat difficult yet a bit obscure for our resident "IT'S NOT DIFFICULT ENOUGH!!!" folks :P (you know who you are :P )

Congratulations :) Your code shall arrive shortly.
Fever_Discordia: Congrats to Pete Gabriel and all but IS this the thing that was hinted in that interview at the show with the DRM free beer or is that still to come

*edit* great release though - don't want to sound like I don't think it is, right after Albion too - amazing!
No, that wasn't the thing hinted at in the video and no that wasn't me, that was our Brand Director :)
Fever_Discordia: Congrats to Pete Gabriel and all but IS this the thing that was hinted in that interview at the show with the DRM free beer or is that still to come

JudasIscariot: No, that wasn't the thing hinted at in the video and no that wasn't me, that was our Brand Director :)
Say hi to Brand for me :D
Never saw an interview so genuine!
high rated
Not a Hint but more of a warning :P

Prepare your wallets, whether you are on Windows, Mac, or Linux, for August 20th. That is all.
Post edited August 18, 2015 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: Not a Hint but more of a warning :P

Prepare your wallets, whether you are on Windows, Mac, or Linux, for August 20th. That is all.
Ruh-roh... time to go freeze my card in an ice block!
Oh god...another stupid sale :(

Summer/Insomnia sale?

It could be a new publisher. But some of its games could not cater to everyone's tastes.

Then again it's probably a new publisher, since the "thing" starts on thursday.
Post edited August 18, 2015 by karnak1
I see new companies in the catalog filter list:
Westwood Associates & Strategic Simulations Inc.
Stormfront Studios & Strategic Simulations Inc.
Bethesda Softworks (a new separate entry from the previous one)
:O
There's also new entries for Mode 7 and GTE Entertainment but I don't think it's them just yet, looks more like the Goldbox games.
And is it just me or did the number of entries in the catalog go down by one?
Post edited August 18, 2015 by SCPM
Shadowrun Hong Kong releases Thursday too isnt it? Not very likely to mix a release with a promo sale, so ill bet on a new publisher aswell.

Two of those games we can buy on pre-order, and as a backer I already have code for one of them... so my wallet feels quite safe, you have to threaten it more ;)
SCPM: I see new companies in the catalog filter list:
Westwood Associates & Strategic Simulations Inc.
Stormfront Studios & Strategic Simulations Inc.
Bethesda Softworks (a new separate entry from the previous one)
:O
And is it just me or did the number of entries in the catalog go down by one?
Judas said Linux. So no Bethesda.. unless we're talking dos bethesda games, which are not as near as memorable as the windows releases, I suppose (please dudes who love this company, don't kill me :P).
Same goes for Westwood and their games, but this one has way more old titles, so dosbox 'em is a sure win.

I'm guessing more GOG games, in the vein of former SSI games. Or a huuuuuge update on several oldies, now all "dosboxed" and/or "wineskinned" (wut) for Linux, much like former mac releases. If that's it, hell, there goes my entire year :)
That or a new publisher/memorable "old" one who is Linux friendly and said "hey, y'all can wine up our games" like they did with Flatout, Planescape, Icewind Dale and etc. :D
Either way, damn, I'm thrilled!
Post edited August 18, 2015 by vicklemos