It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

cyboff: ...and once you think you solved the issue on the beta, you are going public... and... Murphy's law... crap happens...

It is only my speculation, of course... and it is definitely an annoying bug, but because Dragonsphere is the first game in everyones game shelf, I think GOGs are testing another long-term and very annoying bug - when update flag is still on long time after you checked what was updated...
mrkgnao: I'm not sure, but my understanding is that the flag should disappear about (or up to) an hour after you download, not after you just check, but I may be wrong.
No; update flag disappears one hour or so, after you have checked which game is updated NOT on download.

Multiples times , i PMed Judas , because i couldn't remember which game was updated; it has always been like this to my knowledge

IF i return to the shevles after i checked the game, the system return 0 game updated , even if the flag is stil there ....

With this topic, i don't have to PM Judas ;) , poor guy hammered with PMs :P
Post edited July 03, 2014 by DyNaer
From MaGog's logs for July 3:

NOTE! CHANGED Gods Will Be Watching [Upcoming], os: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.7.0 or newer) ***TO*** Windows (Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.8.0 or newer)

NOTE! CHANGED Gods Will Be Watching [Upcoming], sys_req_win: Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8, 1.8 GHz Processor, 1 GB RAM, 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 9.0c, 250 MB HD space, Mouse, Keyboard ***TO*** Windows Vista / 7 / 8, Processor: Intel Core Duo or faster, RAM: 2 GB RAM, Graphics: DirectX 9.0c compliant video card with at least 512 MB VRAM, Hard drive: 200 MB HD, Mouse, Keyboard

NOTE! CHANGED Divinity: Original Sin [Upcoming], os: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.8.5 or newer)

NOTE! CHANGED Divinity: Original Sin [Upcoming], languages: English ***TO*** Audio and text: English. Text only: French (PC only), German (PC only)

NOTE! CHANGED Divinity: Original Sin [Upcoming], sys_req_win: Windows XP SP3 or higher,, Processor: Intel Core2 Duo E6600 or equivalent,, Memory: 2048 MB RAM,, Graphics: HD Intel Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (512 MB) or ATI Radeon HD 4850 or equivalent,, DirectX 9.0c,, Hard Drive: 10 GB available space,, Sound Card: DirectX9c compliant ***TO*** Windows XP SP3 or higher,, Processor: Intel Core2 Duo E6600 or equivalent,(ntel i5 2400 or higher recommended), Memory: 2048 MB RAM (4 GB RAM recommended), Graphics: HD Intel Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (512 MB) or ATI Radeon HD 4850 or equivalent (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 ti 1 GB ram or or ATI Radeon HD 6XXX or higher recommended), DirectX 9.0c,, Hard Drive: 10 GB available space,, Sound Card: DirectX9c compliant

NOTE! CHANGED Divinity: Original Sin [Upcoming], sys_req_patch: ***TO*** Patched to version 1.0.47

NOTE! CHANGED Divinity: Original Sin [Upcoming], sys_req_mac: ***TO*** OS X 10.8.5 or later, Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo (Intel i5 or higher recommended), Memory: 4 GB RAM, Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000/4000 (Intel Iris (Iris Pro) or ATI Radeon HD 6XXX or higher or NVidia 6xx series or higher recommended) , 10 GB available HD space. Compatibility notice (Mac): HD3000 & HD4000 benefit from 8Gb of memory. HFS+ filesystem with case-sensitivity is not yet supported
DyNaer: No; update flag disappears one hour or so, after you have checked which game is updated NOT on download.

Multiples times , i PMed Judas , because i couldn't remember which game was updated; it has always been like this to my knowledge

IF i return to the shevles after i checked the game, the system return 0 game updated , even if the flag is stil there ....

Indeed, and I think it is things like this which are going to make a lot of people very much like Galaxy client if they do all of it right and it can handle updates much like other modern services where you have the option to always know whether or not there is an update available, to automatically apply them or to disable auto updates and install them at your option later. GOG could make the process even better and integrate the benefits into the website side of things as well so that people not using the client benefit from a superior update notification experience just within the browser.

Hope they do that anyway. :)
DyNaer: No; update flag disappears one hour or so, after you have checked which game is updated NOT on download.
I just checked and you are right. My mistake.
mrkgnao: I'm not sure, but my understanding is that the flag should disappear about (or up to) an hour after you download, not after you just check, but I may be wrong.

That's exactly why I'm here too, and why I suggest to implement sorting games in the shelf by updates... E.g. I'm checking what was updated on Mac, then booting into Windows and don't remember what it was :D
Also having a lot of games here I will very appreciate to have visible version information, showing what version is in my shelf here, and text file in the game folder with version I have installed on the disk...
Come on GOG we need another Dragonsphere update.
Is this Dranhosphere update notification ever fucking disappear?

If GOG Galaxy is going to look even half as bugged as the website, it's gonna be a disaster.
GOG: Please add high resolution and widescreen support to Dragonsphere :oP

At the moment for me, there's no update flags at all. I've been digging through all of my suspect-to-update games because I've found three so far that haven't flagged on me in the past few days.
Z!!!
micktiegs_8: At the moment for me, there's no update flags at all. I've been digging through all of my suspect-to-update games because I've found three so far that haven't flagged on me in the past few days.
Hopefully with GOG Galaxy the update notification system is more useful and robust than just a one off notice that says "we released an update" for an hour and vanishes once you see it whether you actually download it or not though. What I'd like to see is for games that are installed, Galaxy client knows exactly the games you have installed and their version every time, and compares that with what is currently available on the server, and if you don't have the update it either gets it automatically by default, or if you've set it to manual - it at least keeps a visible notification somewhere that tells you the game is not updated like Steam does. For downloading a local backup of a game's installer and other files, I'd like to see it work more or less the same way only comparing the exact version of the game and its files locally to what is on the server at the moment and if they don't match you get a perpetual notice that there is an update compared to your local download stash.

It's quite difficult at the moment to make sure you've got the latest updates for every game in your entire shelf with some of them not getting update notifications at all, some of them getting update notifications but the flag disappears after you look at it once whether you download it right away or not, and others getting update notifications when they don't actually have an update. Hopefully there is special support built into Galaxy for advertising Dragonsphere updates hourly though, or that it is available as a Galaxy plugin or something. :)
Dude, where's my daily Dragonsphere update??? I'm already missing it :_(
keeveek: Is this Dranhosphere update notification ever fucking disappear?

If GOG Galaxy is going to look even half as bugged as the website, it's gonna be a disaster.
So it isn't just me then!
Tenar: Dude, where's my daily Dragonsphere update??? I'm already missing it :_(
Haha! Got mine.

But I do have a question. Gog blue text person, is the update valid or a glitch?
This thread should be renamed to "The 'what did just updat... oh Dragonsphere"