It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CARRiON.FLOWERS: If they keep it up my Steam library is going to grow instead of my GOG library.
mqstout: I'm okay with these releases; they're quality games -- maybe not just for you. (I'm a huge fan of Long Live the Queen, and I do plan to find time for Hatoful Boyfriend.). BUT the problem is their REJECTION of other, quality games.
I mean, I don't care if they release those titles, I'm just frustrated they release those and reject others, like you said.
Have you heard that ponies from Island (Iceland) can never return once they've left the island?
This... looks like the textbook definition of "Niche".

Not saying this looks bad or anything but GOG really needs to address the hypocracy and snobbery behind the curation around here.

Edit: And this looked interesting too. GOG, stop fucking rejecting shit leff and right, you ARE trying to expand your company and userbase aren't you? So why do you keep pissing off indies, pissing off fans and generally self sabotaging?
Post edited January 21, 2016 by ReynardFox
*** UPDATE ***

Bad news so I edited the first post :(

I'm quoting the dev directly with its permission:

"I don't have an account on GOG so maybe you can quote me on this:

I work with a publisher for the non-Steam stores and I expected before release that they would be able to get me on GOG. Recently they informed me that GOG rejected my submission (I do not know on what grounds) and that they were going to try re-submitting. I trust the publisher. They have gotten the game on almost every other store so I don't think the issue is with their submission. I am going to remove the GOG button from the website for now to avoid further confusion.

If I were to release on GOG, it would be with a DRM-free version only. This is mostly because the work required to integrate the Galaxy API doesn't seem worth it when GOG users don't want it."

Here's the wishlist entry in case you want to upvote it:
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/pony_island
Ugh...Even though I voted for it I guess we wont ever see the game on gog. :/
Will get it on Steam then.
Get it DRM free here: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/ponyisland_storefront
catpower1980: If I were to release on GOG, it would be with a DRM-free version only. This is mostly because the work required to integrate the Galaxy API doesn't seem worth it when GOG users don't want it."
I don't know where he (she?) is getting that from. Sounds like somebody who spent 5 seconds on the forum and looked at all the bitching/complaining about Galaxy and came to that conclusion. Personally I'm buying more games now that do include the Galaxy api vs those that don't.

Regardless I watched the video on the site and I still have no idea just what this game is about, though it looks interesting.
Post edited January 21, 2016 by BKGaming
catpower1980: I didn't read the article as I was eating my lunch instead (and I already know the game from let's play).

Actually, what you point out might explain the delay because it would mean an exclusive build for GOG (instead of just copying the same zip file like some devs do).
Luned: I don't want to post the spoiler material here, but do check the article. An exclusive build probably won't work, unless it forced Galaxy integration. It's got nothing to do with multiplayer.
You do realize there's a DRM-free version available elsewhere, right? And the spoiler you refer to is a very minor element, one I could nicely do without (hint: language).
Yet another intriguing game rejected. What a shame. The trailer piqued my interest. Voted.
i'll buy this.
I watched Jim Sterling play like 20 minutes and i honestly found the game interesting, it's the first good game that sorta follows Undertale where the game screws with your expectations and what you understand the laws and rules of computers and games.

I'd honestly buy both Pony Island AND Undertale if they came here.
I watched about 30 minutes of the game on Youtube, and it's actually really interesting and clever. Might pick it up at some point, although by that time I'll probably be completely sick of hearing about it and/or seeing videos about it.
deleted
Fairfox: I can't think the game needs to be experienced if watched... like Undertale? Gosh, I don't know, mon.
If you've watched enough of it, you can't experience the game blind, so that's sorta difficult. However the pseudo programming bits looked interesting. Then again as a programmer that's what really interests me :P

Some things can't be fully appreciated just watching either. Watching someone struggle with something and actually experiencing it are two different experiences as likely you have little or nothing to relate to. Regardless, half of Undertale was spoiled to me, and yet the experience was still wonderful and wholeheartedly played. If I hadn't played it I probably wouldn't have gotten nearly the same effect.
catpower1980: "If I were to release on GOG, it would be with a DRM-free version only. This is mostly because the work required to integrate the Galaxy API doesn't seem worth it when GOG users don't want it."
I'm not interested in this particular game anyway, but I would rather have a game not release here at all than have it show up with missing features. Before Galaxy, it was understandable. Now, there's no excuse for it.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm talking about actual in-game features, like multiplayer or daily challenges or other things like that. If this game just has achievements then missing out on those is no big deal.
Post edited January 22, 2016 by Marioface5