It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This is number one on my Steam wishlist, and I have just enough in my wallet to buy the basic version in the sale, but then I see that talisman they're selling as DLC, and the extra money they want on top of that for 'Digital Extras', and I keep backing out.
EndreWhiteMane: Is it true that the game is mostly (80%) combat?
gunsynd: EndreWhiteMane
No I don't think that's right,even as I haven't got thru the game as yet,the parts that I have I found a lot of puzzles to solve.Once you clean out a section eg:kill all baddies you get a bonus score and then you can travel thru it again safely.Hope this helps...
Thank you, that's quite helpful. ;)
EndreWhiteMane
Your welcome..
Asbeau
If you purchase game you will need the extras..
Your welcome..
Asbeau
Out of curiosity, gunsynd, which extras would you say one needs to play the game? I picked up the game recently, but didn't grab any of the DLC. I haven't started my game yet, so is there any DLC I should get before doing so to get the most out of the game?

edit: actually, I think I'll go ahead and pick up the Deluxe Edition DLC for the soundtrack and art book alone. I'm hoping the Talisman of Golot thingy isn't really necessary, but won't rule it out. :)
Post edited December 21, 2014 by akhliber
Your welcome..
Asbeau
akhliber: Out of curiosity, gunsynd, which extras would you say one needs to play the game? I picked up the game recently, but didn't grab any of the DLC. I haven't started my game yet, so is there any DLC I should get before doing so to get the most out of the game?

edit: actually, I think I'll go ahead and pick up the Deluxe Edition DLC for the soundtrack and art book alone. I'm hoping the Talisman of Golot thingy isn't really necessary, but won't rule it out. :)
akhliber
One thing you will need is the Talisman in the Deluxe Version.The only other thing extra is a book on all the creatures in the game,but you will not see them until you defeat them.Good Luck and Merry Xmas...
Post edited December 22, 2014 by gunsynd
For those interested, the developer's Youtube channel claims the game will be coming to GoG in January, and their website has some options regarding physical box copies.
It is coming to GOG :)
Resil: It is coming to GOG :)
woohooo

Need to be listed in New and Coming section of the frontpage :).Just saying ;)
Post edited December 22, 2014 by Niggles
Nice to know. Completed a week or 2 back, posted on the Codex. I'm a backer and I'm not sure if they'll give GOG keys. Doubt I'll double dip for the GOG version, game has way too much combat for my liking, otherwise it's pretty solid.
markrichardb: For those interested, the developer's Youtube channel claims the game will be coming to GoG in January, and their website has some options regarding physical box copies.
Are the physical copies Steam only or DRM free though?

cw8: Nice to know. Completed a week or 2 back, posted on the Codex. I'm a backer and I'm not sure if they'll give GOG keys. Doubt I'll double dip for the GOG version, game has way too much combat for my liking, otherwise it's pretty solid.
Give option to convert Steam keys to Gogkeys like other KS games have allowed...
Post edited December 22, 2014 by Niggles
akhliber: Out of curiosity, gunsynd, which extras would you say one needs to play the game? I picked up the game recently, but didn't grab any of the DLC. I haven't started my game yet, so is there any DLC I should get before doing so to get the most out of the game?

gunsynd: akhliber
One thing you will need is the Talisman in the Deluxe Version.The only other thing extra is a book on all the creatures in the game,but you will not see them until you defeat them.Good Luck and Merry Xmas...
Is the Talisman in the Deluxe version? It seems like a separate purchase?

Deluxe Edition of Lords of Xulima

The Deluxe Edition DLC of Lords of Xulima includes the Bestiary & Mythology Book with more than 200 pages, the soundtrack with 15 original themes, the HD World map and exclusive wallpapers.
Bestiary & Mythology of Xulima

A book with more than 200 pages, carefully crafted. It contains the Mythology of Xulima that unveils all of the story about the Lords of Xulima, since the creation of the world until the events that happen during the game's plot.
Discover more than 80 creatures described with the finest details, and all their characteristics in the Bestiary of Xulima. It is an essential companion for all who adventure in the dangerous lands of the lost continent of Xulima for the first time.

Game Guide Book: The Secrets of Xulima
The game guide book, called "The Secrets of Xulima" is now included for free in the Deluxe Edition and in the Digital Rewards DLC. In the 200 pages of this book you will find the Walkthrough, and the glossary of classes, skills and weapons.

Original Soundtrack

Enjoy the 15 wonderful themes exclusively composed by the artist Nicolas de Ferran for Lords of Xulima. We have recorded at 320kb/s so you can enjoy them with the sharpest quality possible.
These are the themes included:

A Story of Gods and Humans
The Lords of Xulima
The Lost Continent
The Rage of the Askary
Echoes from Velegarn
Divine Darkness
The Impious Princes
Gaulen's Journey
Mist on the Swamps
The Ruins of The Ancients
Heroes from Rodinia
The Four Towers
Herald of the Gods
The Secret Garden of Nameria
The Oath of Gaulen

High Definition Map of Xulima
Here you have the full map of Xulima in high definition so that you can explore all of its secrets or print it if you wish.
Desktop Wallpapers
4 exclusive desktop wallpapers included with Full HD quality.
How to access this content?
From the Steam application, select Lords of Xulima in the library and open its property panel by with a right mouse click. Go the tab "Local Files" and then press the button "View Local Files" to open the game's folder. All of these special rewards are located in the folder DeluxeEdition.
gunsynd: akhliber
F1ach: Is the Talisman in the Deluxe version? It seems like a separate purchase?
Yep, the Talisman is indeed a separate purchase, and it looks to be more of a pay-to-win kind of item than anything else. I picked up the Deluxe Edition DLC, but I think I'm going to pass on this talisman thing.
F1ach: Is the Talisman in the Deluxe version? It seems like a separate purchase?
akhliber: Yep, the Talisman is indeed a separate purchase, and it looks to be more of a pay-to-win kind of item than anything else. I picked up the Deluxe Edition DLC, but I think I'm going to pass on this talisman thing.
Yeah, tbh the digi stuff DLC seems a tad expensive for some digital tat, think I'll wait for new year maybe a better sale price on the basic, cheers :)
Niggles: Are the physical copies Steam only or DRM free though?
At this moment, Steam only.

I asked if there is a way to have it DRM free or for a refund, if not. We'll see.
akhliber: Yep, the Talisman is indeed a separate purchase, and it looks to be more of a pay-to-win kind of item than anything else. I picked up the Deluxe Edition DLC, but I think I'm going to pass on this talisman thing.
The Talisman is in the Deluxe version...Well it was when I purchased it..
Post edited December 23, 2014 by gunsynd