It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Treasure: from what you know, does it teach german in that way, or even indirectly (by having an overly simplified vocabulary) or not?
The-Business: It was an Ugly Betty, so about a girl from the countryside finding her love and making a career in the big city - so not rocket science and usually easy vocabulary, I assume. Target group were young girls and woman.
Ah, ok, I was just asking because I thought that maybe it was something else (long shot, I know, but anyways). I'm not interested then in this one -it's just that I'm trying to learn german and I had watched a series that was made specifically for german learners (can't recall its name atm though) and since it resembled Friends in structure, that one was pretty good, so I thought that maybe there were more like this one. Anyways, as I said before, at least the other games seem normal enough...
The-Business: New company: House of Tales, now owned by dtp entertainment

Can't wait to see the video game of the telenovela Verliebt In Berlin *cough*.
Grargar: dtp entertainment has shut down. House of Tales' games have been bought by Nordic. We should probably expect those games.
This will be really great if true. I really wanted to try The Moment of Silence and Overclocked. I'm glad I waited and didn't buy them on Steam.
Treasure: I had watched a series that was made specifically for german learners (can't recall its name atm though)
Is it 'Jojo sucht das Glück' (Jojo in pursuit of happiness)?
llamas: This will be really great if true. I really wanted to try The Moment of Silence and Overclocked. I'm glad I waited and didn't buy them on Steam.
I'm pretty happy about it too.

I did loose my faith in GOG for kind of oldish P&C adventures, so I bought some drm-free ones from the last shinyloot sale. And after rejecting Alpha Polaris I didn't think this was going to happen. You just never know with GOG.
llamas: This will be really great if true. I really wanted to try The Moment of Silence and Overclocked. I'm glad I waited and didn't buy them on Steam.
rgnrk: I'm pretty happy about it too.

I did loose my faith in GOG for kind of oldish P&C adventures, so I bought some drm-free ones from the last shinyloot sale. And after rejecting Alpha Polaris I didn't think this was going to happen. You just never know with GOG.
Ask and ye shall receive! The Moment of Silence is here with a 75% discount means I am definitely buying this when I get home. Thank you Gog. Patience is a virtue, and I will try to wait for the other Steam exclusive adventures to come here from now on. I couldn't resist the 75% off the King's Quest though. Since it is Activision, I don't feel so bad for taking advantage of a price error.
Post edited December 01, 2015 by llamas
Treasure: I had watched a series that was made specifically for german learners (can't recall its name atm though)
The-Business: Is it 'Jojo sucht das Glück' (Jojo in pursuit of happiness)?
No -I remembered the title though -it was called Extra (not a very original title hence why I didn't recall it). Here's the 1st episode, it's pretty indicative of the tone of the whole series. Anyways, guess I just got an indirect recommendation then -jojo sucht das gluck looks interesting enough... It says it's for B1 to B2 level though, and I'm A1 nearing A2 (I've taken a couple university lessons in german, but not enough to move on to the next level of our textbook....) -hopefully I'll be able to understand what's going on...

edit-by browsing a bit more through the site, I found some other stuff of A1-A2 level -they are audio dramas and not tv ones, but they'll be fine too...
Post edited December 01, 2015 by Treasure
Let me totally confuse your grammar skills with this not serious education on German grammar: Imbiss-Deutsch
The-Business: Let me totally confuse your grammar skills with this not serious education on German grammar: Imbiss-Deutsch
Well, I saw a bit of it, and it isn't as much grammar, as people eating up their words. I know you posted it tongue in cheek, and I watched it having that in mind (and also that the video itself serious), but I'm not planning to talk like that at all (listen and repeat she says! Repeat that weirdly spoken stuff? Well, I don't speak like that in greek, why would I in a foreign language?). So I'm not confused, and you didn't achieve your purpose of confusing a stranger trying to learn your mothertongue. :-) Also, if I ever go to Germany I'll try to avoid places (e.g.fast-food kiosques) where people talk like that (if that video is indeed based on a real-life trend of some Germans and immigrants) or I'll be like "Wie bitte?" the whole time there and they'll be practically forced to enounce what they want to say more clearly...
Post edited December 01, 2015 by Treasure
December 1 shall from now on be known as grammar nazi day. Enjoy your new holiday, kids.
The-Business: Is it 'Jojo sucht das Glück' (Jojo in pursuit of happiness)?
For a moment there I saw Jojo and thought about something completely different:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iONE5aQLcxM

Oh well, I can dream of a DRM port, can't I?
GOG seems to be trolling me. New companies:
TEST DEVELOPER
TEST PUBLISHER
So maybe a new big publisher?
The-Business: GOG seems to be trolling me. New companies:
TEST DEVELOPER
TEST PUBLISHER
So maybe a new big publisher?
Where did you get that from Business?

And does that mean that they'll take 2?

pun intended...
Epitaph666: Where did you get that from Business?

And does that mean that they'll take 2?

pun intended...
Maybe GOG fancy themselves as Rockstars. :P
Epitaph666: Where did you get that from Business?
The catalog page contains a list of all publishers on GOG, even the ones without games or whose games are still hidden.

Could also mean GOG will release Nothing today.
The-Business: Could also mean GOG will release Nothing today.
That page says: "Nothing in progress".

Awww, nothing at all? Dang! Even worse if it turns into "Nothing completed" at some point...