It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Niggles: In the same boat :/. No chance in hell...
Pheace: The hell. Isn't this exactly why you're buying DRM-Free games? What's the point in that if then when you finally need it you're not going to be able to back it up because your library is too big?
450 is a lot considering i haven't bothered to download most of the games i have on desura (95% of them are from bundles anyway - the ones i paid lot more for i will grab).Unlike Desura i have downloaded+stored most of my GOG library.
ET3D: Looks like I have quite a few games on Groupees with only Desura keys.
Same
triock: *Phew* Just finished downloading all my games from Desura. Now to go through my bundle keys to dump all unredeemed in Desura key list thread. O.o
How many games did you download?. Desura servers are never that fast for me :/
Post edited June 07, 2015 by Niggles
Developer's were forgetting to update their games on Desura once green lit on Steam.
Desura's site would tell you to check the Royale bundle for your Steam key only to go there and find a Steam key was never supplied.

It's a case where everyone quietly walked away and stopped visiting Desura or Indie Royale.
Post edited June 07, 2015 by carnival73
Niggles: How many games did you download?. Desura servers are never that fast for me :/
Over 400.
Ow. I think I have some Desura keys that I haven't even activated yet. Well, it's going to be interesting.
chadjenofsky: I was browsing some of the free games on Desura, and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations to some good ones that I can download before the (possible) server shutdown.
<span class="bold">One Late Night</span>, my child. But do not bother with the overpriced and overcomplicated sequel.
RoloTony: So, does this mean Bad Juju's recent statement was not true? I refer to the statement that the pay problems were only because of the lack of an automated payment system. The worst part of this is, all those developers are probably never going to get their money.
bansama: Well yes. But it's not that simple. The person who made that statement was under the impression that this really was the problem. They found out that it wasn't (and that they were out of a job) over Twitter when news of the bankruptcy broke.
Oh, I didn't know that when I made my previous post. That's awful.
IAmSinistar:
Had forgotten about that beyond when it first came out! Thanks for the reminder good sir.
ET3D: Looks like I have quite a few games on Groupees with only Desura keys.
Niggles: Same
Having just gone over the list, looks like only four of them don't have downloads hosted by Groupees. While I don't fully trust Groupees downloads (due to past troubles), I still consider them good enough that I won't be downloading these from Desura.
Post edited June 07, 2015 by ET3D
groundhog42: If Desura closes you won't be able to install any additional games through the client and I don't know what will be the position with games already installed through the client. If you want to guarantee being able to play your Desura games in the future, the safest way is to download and save the files for each game to your PC. To do this:

1. Go to the Desura website and login (don't use the client as this only allows you to install games).

2. Click on "Collection", which should then display the games you own.

3. Hover the mouse over a game you want to download and then click on the "Your Keys" button.

4. In the pop-up box click on the "download direct" link. Select the relevant file (there may be Windows, Mac and Linux versions) which will normally be an .exe (this is the easiest option if available), .zip or .rar file, and save it to wherever you want to store it on your PC.
First thanks for these instructions. I already have some of the games installed by/on the client so if I wanted to save the install files I would probably have to delete most of them to free up some space. So backtrack a bit to my deletion questions:

If I uninstall the client does it uninstall all the games I have on the client as well or do I need to delete them on the client one by one?

Whats best/most complete way to uninstall/remove a game from desura? just the normal right click uninstall on the client or should I use "uninstall a program" under windows 7 or does it completely not make an difference?

Thanks!
legopig: Not entirely surprised, 90% of stuff they sold was indie junk that would make Steam greenlight and Early Access titles look AAA.
Agree.
I sent a message to Amazon about it. I'm hoping that they'll pick it up and augment their ever growing categories of products. Their backend would be perfect and I'm sure they'd enjoy an established in-house method for publishing games. :>
Guys is 100% that unused desura codes will be useless? Have some from groupes bundles :(

And simply answer pls.Mine eng its not good. Thanks.
Dennymos: Guys is 100% that unused desura codes will be useless? Have some from groupes bundles :(

We don't know what's going to happen to desura. We're using our keys and making backups now because they could shut down any day now.
MaximumBunny: I sent a message to Amazon about it. I'm hoping that they'll pick it up and augment their ever growing categories of products. Their backend would be perfect and I'm sure they'd enjoy an established in-house method for publishing games. :>
Oh ick. In some ways I'd rather Desura die than be absorbed into Amazon.
Post edited June 07, 2015 by SirPrimalform
So.. the Demise of Desura was caused by Bad Juju doing a Bad Mojo.
*badum tssh*
Dennymos: Guys is 100% that unused desura codes will be useless? Have some from groupes bundles :(

Everyone is behaving as the codes are not going to be good for long.
People (including me) are giving them away on this thread.
It might be like a stock market panic, when it's all based on speculation and rumour, but to be on the safe side, I, myself, am erring on the side of caution, and will be downloading my Desura games to a hard drive soon.

tl:dr: Nobody is sure, but people are acting like the codes will be useless.