It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Please... halp. I'm dying to playing it. I downloaded it from moddb but I don't know how to get it to work. I have the latest download of the GOG Blood, downloaded in the month of December. I fixed the target location to C:\GOG Games\One Unit Whole Blood in the DW shortcut but it didn't work. I also tried making a new Blood directory in C:\Program Files (x86)\Gog.com\One Unit Whole Blood but again it didn't run.

I'm sorry that I'm so ignorant regarding this stuff but I gotta know how to run this. I want to play Death Wish! HALP!

Thanks.
tofuti: Please... halp. I'm dying to playing it. I downloaded it from moddb but I don't know how to get it to work. I have the latest download of the GOG Blood, downloaded in the month of December. I fixed the target location to C:\GOG Games\One Unit Whole Blood in the DW shortcut but it didn't work. I also tried making a new Blood directory in C:\Program Files (x86)\Gog.com\One Unit Whole Blood but again it didn't run.

I'm sorry that I'm so ignorant regarding this stuff but I gotta know how to run this. I want to play Death Wish! HALP!

Thanks.
First you need unpack files to your real GOG Games\One Unit Whole Blood not the one from shortcut or bat.

Then you can create new conf file like:
[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.

@ECHO OFF
mount C ".."
c:
imgmount D game.ins -t iso
cls
blood.exe -ini dw.ini
exit

I saved it as dosboxBloodDW.conf in my D:\GOG Games\One Unit Whole Blood

game.ins allow you to play cd audio, if you write game.gog midi will play instead

Shortcut should look like that with your actual OUWB install folder, you can copy and edit OUWB or Cryptic Passage one to resemble path to your new conf file:

"D:\GOG Games\One Unit Whole Blood\DOSBOX\DOSBox.exe" -conf "D:\GOG Games\One Unit Whole Blood\dosboxBlood.conf" -conf "D:\GOG Games\One Unit Whole Blood\dosboxBloodDW.conf" -noconsole -c exit

Now correct pathes to movies and it's sounds in dw.ini file:

SourceDir=E:

[Episode1]
CutSceneA=dw1a.smk
CutWavA=dw1a.wav
CutSceneB=dw1b.smk
CutWavB=dw1b.wav
Title = In Cold Blood
Map1 = dwe1m1
Map2 = dwe1m2
Map3 = dwe1m3
Map4 = dwe1m4
Map5 = dwe1m5
Map6 = dwe1m6
Map7 = dwe1m7
Map8 = dwe1m8
Map9 = dwe1m9
Map10 = dwe1m10

[Episode2]
CutSceneA=dw2a.smk
CutWavA=dw2a.wav
CutSceneB=dw2b.smk
CutWavB=dw2b.wav
Title = Scar Trek
Map1 = dwe2m1
Map2 = dwe2m2
Map3 = dwe2m3
Map4 = dwe2m4
Map5 = dwe2m5
Map6 = dwe2m6
Map7 = dwe2m7
Map8 = dwe2m8
Map9 = dwe2m9
Map10 = dwe2m10
Map11 = dwe2m11

[Episode3]
CutSceneA=dw3a.smk
CutWavA=dw3a.wav
CutSceneB=dw3b.smk
CutWavB=dw3b.wav
Title = War is Hell
Map1 = dwe3m1
Map2 = dwe3m2
Map3 = dwe3m3
Map4 = dwe3m4
Map5 = dwe3m5
Map6 = dwe3m6
Map7 = dwe3m7
Map8 = dwe3m8
Map9 = dwe3m9
Map10 = dwe3m10

If you want looping cd audio you might be interested in this:
http://www.the-postmortem.com/article/blood_cd_audio_looping_fixed_in_dosbox/36/
Post edited January 02, 2014 by HenitoKisou
Thank you for your post Henito. I followed your instructions but it still doesn't run. I don't know what to do :(
tofuti: Thank you for your post Henito. I followed your instructions but it still doesn't run. I don't know what to do :(
Are you sure that files are unpacked exactly to game directory, not some folder with archive name? Look at end of this pic:
http://i.imgur.com/JnZSNFn.png

Also sometimes UAC or firewall can block DOSBox if it's installed in system directories like program files and such or if not run with admin rights
Post edited January 02, 2014 by HenitoKisou
tofuti: Thank you for your post Henito. I followed your instructions but it still doesn't run. I don't know what to do :(
HenitoKisou: Are you sure that files are unpacked exactly to game directory, not some folder with archive name? Look at end of this pic:
http://i.imgur.com/JnZSNFn.png

Also sometimes UAC or firewall can block DOSBox if it's installed in system directories like program files and such or if not run with admin rights
Yes friend, I did all of that. I also used my Drive C instead of your Drive D for game directory when editing the shortcut.

I also just reinstalled the GOG released into the preferred Death Wish mod directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\One Unit Whole Blood) and copied the files there but still no luck.

As for DOSBox being blocked, I currently run it from Program Files for the normal Blood GOG OUWB shortcut without a problem.

I just tried running the DW shortcut as administrator but it didn't work.

aaaagh
Post edited January 02, 2014 by tofuti
I got it working!

The IRQ was different. My IRQ was set to 7, in the DW conf file it was 5!

YES!
*Also I got that BMOUSE thing maybe that has something to do with it.
Post edited January 03, 2014 by tofuti
tofuti: I got it working!

YES!
Alright, so now im having a problem with this and none of this has worked. I have made sure the IRQ was identical. But now my problem i think lies in the target and start addresses. I have copied and reworked the addresses in this forum but the only thing that happens now is that the DOSbox emulator starts, then closes. Maybe I need to try and completely rework the addresses.
Post edited November 08, 2016 by lhugunin
tofuti: I got it working!

YES!
lhugunin: Alright, so now im having a problem with this and none of this has worked. What is IRQ?
It's the hardware Interrupt Request address that used to be important to know when you had to configure jumpers on a sound card to make it work right. Don't worry about it.
In your dosboxBloodDW.conf it is listed as "irq=5" on line 102.
In your blood.cfg file it is listed as "BlasterInterrupt = 7" on line 44.

Honestly, just copy the contents of your Death Wish 1.3 folder into your Blood folder, and then open up both your dosboxBlood_single.conf, and change it so it looks like this:

[autoexec]

@ECHO OFF
mount C ".."
c:
cls
# blood.exe
BMOUSE.EXE LAUNCH BLOOD.EXE -ini dw.ini
exit
If you don't have BMouse.exe in your Blood folder. Just remove "BMOUSE.EXE LAUNCH" from the line, so it just reads: BLOOD.EXE -ini dw.ini

Save and then just launch blood as you would normally.

To change it back just comment out the BMOUSE.exe line with the "#" and remove it from your blood.exe line
Looks like I caught you in the middle of a post edit.

Change your One Unit Whole Blood.lnk file back to the default shortcut locations:
Target: "C:\Games\One Unit Whole Blood\DOSBOX\DOSBox.exe" -conf "..\dosboxBlood.conf" -conf "..\dosboxBlood_single.conf" -noconsole -c exit

Start in: "C:\Games\One Unit Whole Blood\DOSBOX"
Post edited November 08, 2016 by DustyStyx
lhugunin: Alright, so now im having a problem with this and none of this has worked. What is IRQ?
DustyStyx: It's the hardware Interrupt Request address that used to be important to know when you had to configure jumpers on a sound card to make it work right. Don't worry about it.
In your dosboxBloodDW.conf it is listed as "irq=5" on line 102.
In your blood.cfg file it is listed as "BlasterInterrupt = 7" on line 44.

Honestly, just copy the contents of your Death Wish 1.3 folder into your Blood folder, and then open up both your dosboxBlood_single.conf, and change it so it looks like this:

[autoexec]

@ECHO OFF
mount C ".."
c:
cls
# blood.exe
BMOUSE.EXE LAUNCH BLOOD.EXE -ini dw.ini
exit
DustyStyx: If you don't have BMouse.exe in your Blood folder. Just remove "BMOUSE.EXE LAUNCH" from the line, so it just reads: BLOOD.EXE -ini dw.ini

Save and then just launch blood as you would normally.

To change it back just comment out the BMOUSE.exe line with the "#" and remove it from your blood.exe line
Looks like I caught you in the middle of a post edit.

Change your One Unit Whole Blood.lnk file back to the default shortcut locations:
Target: "C:\Games\One Unit Whole Blood\DOSBOX\DOSBox.exe" -conf "..\dosboxBlood.conf" -conf "..\dosboxBlood_single.conf" -noconsole -c exit

Start in: "C:\Games\One Unit Whole Blood\DOSBOX"
Before I appear like a complete idiot, thankyou for responding so quickly. Are you referring to the "DW GOG.ink" file?

EDIT:
Alright so I just went and did it anyway and oh my freaking god did it work, thankyou so much. I greatly appreciate it!!!! (:

ANOTHER EDIT:
So now how can I play Blood with its original episodes? I have the original application from the GOG install and I have the Deathwish shortcut, but they both just go to the mod.
Post edited November 08, 2016 by lhugunin
lhugunin: Before I appear like a complete idiot, thankyou for responding so quickly. Are you referring to the "DW GOG.ink" file?

EDIT:
Alright so I just went and did it anyway and oh my freaking god did it work, thankyou so much. I greatly appreciate it!!!! (:

ANOTHER EDIT:
So now how can I play Blood with its original episodes? I have the original application from the GOG install and I have the Deathwish shortcut, but they both just go to the mod.
Glad you got it working. It's a fun mod, just don't get frustrated on the huge level with the dam. I had to keep my FOV down at the ground and and not look at the cultists to much or else it would just keep crashing the game. Just save a lot and you'll get through it.

As I mentioned earlier, you can comment out the DW line in your dosboxBlood_single.conf and restore the original blood.exe line.
[autoexec]

@ECHO OFF
mount C ".."
c:
cls
blood.exe
# BMOUSE.EXE LAUNCH BLOOD.EXE -ini dw.ini
exit
If you want to make a shortcut that will always launch DW, make a copy of your dosboxBlood_single.conf file and rename it something like dosboxDW.conf, then make a copy of your Blood.lnk file and rename that to DeathWish.lnk. Then change the Target, in your DeathWish link to:
"C:\Games\One Unit Whole Blood\DOSBOX\DOSBox.exe" -conf "..\dosboxBlood.conf" -conf "..\dosboxDW.conf" -noconsole -c exit

Just make sure which line is executed in your conf files, either Blood.exe for Blood or BMOUSE.EXE LAUNCH BLOOD.EXE -ini dw.ini for Death Wish
Post edited November 08, 2016 by DustyStyx