It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hello there, I have got here a small list of fixes I have used to get the game running on the latest systems at this moment. I got this to work through trial and error and these are the best results I found :)

The two best options I found for the video are:
- r3Dfx Voodoo 1-2
- rOpenGL

r3Dfx Voodoo 1-2
r3Dfx Voodoo 1-2 is much more simpler when it comes to setting up the game. However, it lacks the resolution when you go through the configure section of the setup. Luckily, there is a config executable that exists in the data folder.

- Goto your GOG folder where the game is installed and open the "Bin" folder, for example:
- - "C:/GOG Games/Blade of Darkness/Bin"
- Inside look for the file called:
- - "nglide_config.exe"

Open this file and from there you can choose your resolution you wish to play it. It offers more resolutions then what the setup gives. It also includes a few extra options for your taste. And there we go, you are ready to go!

rOpenGL
rOpenGL is much more flexible when it comes to customisation. However rOpenGL has a few problems, but fixes in this section are provided.

Video Mode :
- - Your preferred choice

Textures :
- - Filter Mode = GL_NEAREST
- - - GL_NEAREST is much sharper quality but can look odd from distances. GL_LINEAR is a much more smoother quality even at greater distances however looks blurred closer up.

Color :
- - Gamma = 0
- - Brightness = 0
- - Contrast = 0
- - - The original settings were far too bright.

Misc :
- - Scale = 1.0
- - - Fixes the problem of small dialogue windows in games, and boosts them to original size.

Additional (not a tab):
- - Jittery Mouse Fix: http://www.gog.com/forum/blade_of_darkness/mouse_problems_jumpy_aim
- - - A fix here is provided and it works great. Big thanks to the people in this thread!

There we go! Hope this helps for you all, enjoy Blade of Darkness :D
Thanks for sharing. +REP
For those of you who play Blade Of Darkness with the rOpenGl setting and hate the fog in the game(because it looks like garbage), check this out.
http://www.arokhslair.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2951
You can install a fix that removes most of the fog from the game. The thread also shows you a way to remove all fog from the game.
Post edited June 06, 2014 by monkeydelarge