It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BWP version 11.1 does not seem to be working for me with GOG, at least as the documentation describes it. The GOG installs were fine and played for a save game fine. The default directory GOG creates is Progam Files (x86)/GOG.com/Baldurs Gate and Progam Files (x86)/GOG.com/Baldurs Gate II respectively. Unlike in the pdf installation instructions, the bat program apparently does not autodetect anything. First I get an error asking me to input the correct path for BG1 -- doing this I sometimes get another error on a dll file not existing and punting me to a TOB check....other times it asks for a patch 5512 which gog has already installed. If I get to the TOB check, I get various other errors. In theory, the version of BW I'm using is GOG compatible, but I'm clearly doing it wrong if it is. The gog section of the pdf file I have was not helpful since it assumes a lot of the errors I am getting are not happening. Any help would be appreciated.

v/r Mack
i'm not personally familiar with BWP but when it comes to default directory (program files) windows can be a pain in the ass (i'm assuming you have win7), have you tried running the bat as an admin?

but like said i'm not familiar with this one so this is the only thing i can think of.
Maurizio84: i'm not personally familiar with BWP but when it comes to default directory (program files) windows can be a pain in the ass (i'm assuming you have win7), have you tried running the bat as an admin?

but like said i'm not familiar with this one so this is the only thing i can think of.
Yes I have tried it as an admin - no difference that I could tell
Install outside Program Files or Program Files(x86). Something like C:\Games. Run the installer and everything you add to the game as Admin. See if that helps.
Coelocanth: Install outside Program Files or Program Files(x86). Something like C:\Games. Run the installer and everything you add to the game as Admin. See if that helps.
Did not work unfortunately. I removed the originals and reinstalled under a folder C:\BWP and ran the installer as admin - the same errors occurred. When I enter the path for baldur's gate it asks for I get an error that goggame.dll has no program associated with it but it boots me to the TOB check...which hard loops looking for a patch and a movie and some other error. I get nothing to enter the path to TOB. I tried using the TOB path when it asked for the Baldur's Gate path, but then I get an error that a number of files cannot be found.
interesting, was looking into this out of curiosity and seems the BWP is very picky when it comes to the directory names (read more and [url=http://www.shsforums.net/topic/44661-big-world-project-bwp-v90/]here).

the path for the first game should be
C:\directory\Baldur's Gate
and for the second
C:\directory\BGII - SoA

just replace "directory" with whatever folder you have them installed in (you may actually have to install both games again to get the necessary regfixes and such unless you wish to do them manually). and when talking about picky it seems the directories are case, space and sign sensitive, for example Baldur's Gate won't work without the apostrophe so Baldur's Gate should work but Baldurs Gate will not, also BGII - SoA should work but BGII - SOA will not and so on...the paths are not relevant as long as the actual game folder names are as noted above.

i can't verify these myself but hope this fixes the problem for you.
Maurizio84: interesting, was looking into this out of curiosity and seems the BWP is very picky when it comes to the directory names (read more and [url=http://www.shsforums.net/topic/44661-big-world-project-bwp-v90/]here).

the path for the first game should be
C:\directory\Baldur's Gate
and for the second
C:\directory\BGII - SoA

just replace "directory" with whatever folder you have them installed in (you may actually have to install both games again to get the necessary regfixes and such unless you wish to do them manually). and when talking about picky it seems the directories are case, space and sign sensitive, for example Baldur's Gate won't work without the apostrophe so Baldur's Gate should work but Baldurs Gate will not, also BGII - SoA should work but BGII - SOA will not and so on...the paths are not relevant as long as the actual game folder names are as noted above.

i can't verify these myself but hope this fixes the problem for you.
When I reinstalled the games, BG1 was installed to C:\BWP\Baldur's Gate\ and BG2 was installed to C:\BWP\BGII - SOA\ I will check out the links to see if they provide any insight - thanks!
Well, I tried something different and at least I'm getting a new error. I unzipped the Big World Installer directly into the BGII - SOA folder. Now, it does not ask for a path, but I get into an infinite loop while it looks for a patch...which does not exist since the GOG version comes prepatched....
ugh, had to try this out with my laptop and oh boy what a headache this turned out to be. apparently the damn thing gets stuck in bg1 patch check or something and starts looping. i checked out the batch file and the patch check shouldn't be a problem since the check is looking for readme_patch.txt which is included in the folder (so the game being prepatched is not really an issue here).

i dunno what the heck the damn thing is doing but frankly i'd just install BGT and other mods of your choice manually one by one and forget this one...

well anyway hopefully someone else has better luck/knowledge with this, i've had enough, lol
Maurizio84: ugh, had to try this out with my laptop and oh boy what a headache this turned out to be. apparently the damn thing gets stuck in bg1 patch check or something and starts looping. i checked out the batch file and the patch check shouldn't be a problem since the check is looking for readme_patch.txt which is included in the folder (so the game being prepatched is not really an issue here).

i dunno what the heck the damn thing is doing but frankly i'd just install BGT and other mods of your choice manually one by one and forget this one...

well anyway hopefully someone else has better luck/knowledge with this, i've had enough, lol
You may be right on the individual installs...esp since the Big World documentation does give a mod order and step by step instructions for each one...and I only want maybe 20-25 of the 400ish mods.

I had looked at the batch file myself and saw the same lines for the check, tho I'm not good enough to change things inside the batch. Your post cued me to one interesting element - the program is looking for "readme_patch.txt". The default file in the BG2 folder when you install is "ReadMe_patch.txt". I'm going to change the filename in the BG2 folder just in case it happens to be caps sensitive and then see if I get a new set of errors. Wish me luck and thanks for your help!!
As a postscript, changing the case of the readme_patch.txt title and even trying to run the program in the Baldur's Gate (BG1) folder did not work and still give the same infinite loop. It looks like the BiG World installer...at least the latest 11.1 version is not compatible with a clean BG1/BG2 install. I guess tomorrow nights' adventure will be trying to install the mods one by one and see how that works.
As the GOG versions of BG have different data structures, the BG1 check in BWP11.1 does not work - see this post for a GOG-compatible version.
Have been following this thread with interest; would be interested to hear if the new versions of BWP worked for you.

Many thanks