It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ANTALIFE: Oh man, started playing this game not so long ago, and have now come up to the well known Lucko bug. Have tried slowing my CPU by 80-99%, holding down the \ key while I change the grav walkway, and even waiting for the "you are too far away" message before changing levels at the grav walkway, but nothing. Really getting on my nerves ;-;

Hopefully more tries will solve this problem.

EDIT: Holy jesus, finally managed to do it. Read somewhere that you can get around this bug by failing the quest right after you loose him at the grav walkway, following which you go back to the start of the quest and redo it. Also while I was doing the quest for the 2nd time I had the \ key always pushed, so that might have helped somehow as well.
Join the club man! When I played this a few years ago I had no problem - even though I had a PC that was far too fast for the game, using the latest patches and "\" worked fine.

Then only a month or so back I went back to play this on my current box, and for some reason it took SO BLOODY MANY tries before I managed to get this to work for some reason!

First it had him disappearing (with no other characters walking all over the place - so at least it's easy to tell you've hit the bug!). Then I kept screwing up as he got onto the elevator somehow.

Of course, once I had it working once I had to re-try it to figure out exactly what I had done to make it work, since I felt the need to be able to do this consistently... Which was probably more annoying and time-consuming than getting it to work the first time, since it can appear to be almost random - especially after dozens of runs!
this worked for me the first time, had the same problem luck disappearing after the first map transition, tried the mission a dozen times same outcome.. stumbled upon a solution on gamefaqs (will reference the original thread as soon as i stumble upon it) since, it worked on the very first attempt, think it is a valid workaround:

1. First map transition: Make sure that the 'you are too close/too far' banner is flashing on the screen while making the transition
2. Elevator near the fruit vendor: Make sure the 'you are too far' banner flashes atleast 14 times before you trigger the elevator switch
3. Gravpath transitioning to anox tours: Make sure that the 'you are too close' banner is flashing while making the transition

Hope other folks find it useful. Completely broken game though :)
Also, there is an alternative solution, a bit more complex but rather effective. Use application ThrottleStop from techpowerup (or something similar) to slow down your PC before starting to follow that guy.
7PCGamer: this worked for me the first time, had the same problem luck disappearing after the first map transition, tried the mission a dozen times same outcome.. stumbled upon a solution on gamefaqs (will reference the original thread as soon as i stumble upon it) since, it worked on the very first attempt, think it is a valid workaround:

1. First map transition: Make sure that the 'you are too close/too far' banner is flashing on the screen while making the transition
2. Elevator near the fruit vendor: Make sure the 'you are too far' banner flashes atleast 14 times before you trigger the elevator switch
3. Gravpath transitioning to anox tours: Make sure that the 'you are too close' banner is flashing while making the transition

Hope other folks find it useful. Completely broken game though :)
Thank you so much, dude. I finally made it