It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So I get home late and install AvP on my machine. On first start up my firewall flags it up as I would expect. I would have expected it to say it was trying to access the internet. Unfortunately what it told me got me asking question. What it told me was the following.

"AvP.exe is attempting to monitor users activity on this computer. If allowed it may try to track or log keystrokes, mouse movements (clicks), websites and other user behavior."

So before I go ahead and give it access via my fire wall I would like two question answered or light shed on them.

1) why would AvP need to monitor my user activity? (could be innocent enough I know, just would like an answer)

2) Secondly and most importantly what is AvP monitoring on my computer? (again could be innocent)

Thx
That's rather odd.
Only reasonable thing I can think of is an anti-cheat mechanism. What's in the eula/tos for galaxy? (Don't have a key yet.)
Post edited October 17, 2014 by Aro
I must confess it was 1.15am in the morning and I was to tired to read it properly. Anyone shed light on this maybe someone for m GoG?
Kirin_Persus: "AvP.exe is attempting to monitor users activity on this computer. If allowed it may try to track or log keystrokes, mouse movements (clicks), websites and other user behavior."
That's odd. The game only connects to the internet once you enter the multiplayer mode, before that it works offline. The launcher connects to internet upon launch as it checks for any updates.

We're not monitoring your computer, the message seems as some sort of default one, maybe for any software that connects to internet? We'll have to investigate.

What OS are you using? What firewall you have installed?
Kirin_Persus: So I get home late and install AvP on my machine. On first start up my firewall flags it up as I would expect. I would have expected it to say it was trying to access the internet. Unfortunately what it told me got me asking question. What it told me was the following.

"AvP.exe is attempting to monitor users activity on this computer. If allowed it may try to track or log keystrokes, mouse movements (clicks), websites and other user behavior."

So before I go ahead and give it access via my fire wall I would like two question answered or light shed on them.

1) why would AvP need to monitor my user activity? (could be innocent enough I know, just would like an answer)

2) Secondly and most importantly what is AvP monitoring on my computer? (again could be innocent)

Thx
Most programs working online like Steam, Origin GogGalaxy receives and sends data at background to check new updates, and working with the main server security programs like anti virus and firewall sometimes label these data transactions in a wrong so some anti virus programs works better with gaming for this reason and no need to be paranoid, when you use most programs even Windows they track user activities for information and possible program crashes. :)
Kirin_Persus: So I get home late and install AvP on my machine. On first start up my firewall flags it up as I would expect. I would have expected it to say it was trying to access the internet. Unfortunately what it told me got me asking question. What it told me was the following.

Thx
The message seems like a stock Zone Alarm response (are you using that?) and I would write it off as a ZA bug, since it is known to catch even system services like CTFMON.exe.

I would like to +1 Venom's post, no data is being gathered or transmitted regarding your computer or any usage. Galaxy connects to the server on startup, check for updates, syncs if there's any and then goes dormant. It does not at this stage monitor for updates continuously, you have to restart it to force a re-check. After that, the game connects to the server upon accessing the multiplayer module.

Please let us know what OS/firewall are you using.
HI Guys,

Thanks for the posts, reassuring. I am using Vista sp2 32bit ( please no laughter) and I am indeed using the latest
Zonealarm.